Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Sabretooth was a prisioner, not a team member. Mystique was allowed inside the mansion (in a vote led by Cyclops) against Rogue's wishes. She didn't invite Karima. Cyclops and Emma brought Karima and Lady Mastermind to the mansion because they needed help after being found in one of Pandemic's labs. And Rogue took all these villains away from the school when she left with the team in the Conquistador. Plus she defeated the Children of the Vault and saved the world during Supernova.
    Her lineup still was a disaster though no matter how you try to slice it. It was a failure for her

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    They already had sentinels parked on their front lawn
    and they destroyed the mansion and tried to kill the X-men. Yeah, posting up with sentinels during that time was stupid
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-09-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Karima wasn't a villain. She just has this unfortunate tendency to get possessed and manipulated by external forces which make her villainous against her will.
    Like all classic Claremazons lbr

The X-Men as a group allowed Mystique to enter the mansion, not just Rogue. The X-Men as a group were also easily defeated by Exodus and the Marauders in that same arc where Mystique shot Rogue, by entering and leaving the mansion without a single scratch. It was a failure for all of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Jordan White explained that in one of the X-Men Monday posts. Name recognition.
    This is ironic given what's happening with Kate. Kwannon needs a new name more than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This is ironic given what's happening with Kate. Kwannon needs a new name more than anyone.
    I do wish new Psylocke would go by Revance. I can see it getting really confusing looking at the X-men history trying to determine when she is Betsy and when she is Kwannon. Though, it probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Both characters have purple hair and it seems like they share the same power set (with Psychic weapons too). Plus both either currently have or used to have a butterfly like psychic signature.

BANNED

I just realized they made Kwannon's hair kinda purple here, but I'm fairly sure it was black in Excalibur. Weird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I just realized they made Kwannon's hair kinda purple here, but I'm fairly sure it was black in Excalibur. Weird.
    Maybe it's intentional? A slight variance in lighting/hue to represent her state of mind? So, with the purple she might be in a comfortable state; somewhat close to healing, but in a later preview it looks more green, possibly illustrating a sharp sense of discontent?

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Her hair is black here but even if it wasnt, its consistent with Psylocke in the past as her hair would switch between black and purple all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Maybe it's intentional? A slight variance in lighting/hue to represent her state of mind? So, with the purple she might be in a comfortable state; somewhat close to healing, but in a later preview it looks more green, possibly illustrating a sharp sense of discontent?
    Nah, more like different colorists working on the books. Its still black to me. Small amounts of purples and blues are used for contrast but her hair isnt clearly purple in the preview images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Fallen Angels looks incredible
    Was it as good for you as it was for me

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I do wish new Psylocke would go by Revance.
    Revanche never made sense as a codename for Kwannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The name recognition is that when people hear "Psylocke" they think "Asian ninja lady" nowadays. It keeps the brand intact.

I've been thinking that Kwannon could go by Indigo in-universe. It'll be odd to have characters who knew Psylocke in the outback days, for example, call Kwannon Psylocke.

Betsy could then be referred to as Violet, if the Captain Britain doesn't catch on, with the goal of reclaiming the name later.

BANNED

Legacy characters have been a thing forever, there's really nothing complicated about the codename situation.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Legacy characters have been a thing forever, there's really nothing complicated about the codename situation.
    There are essentially 0 "Legacy" characters in X-lore.

They tried it with Laura, it didn't take. She is Talon or X-23.

Keeping identities unique is better...

Spiritual successors and all that is great but that implies Marvel ever allowing the older established characters to leave the scene. GL on that.

Ok I can think of Lady Mastermind ^ There you go but even there it's different enough not a true legacy character

And you COULD argue Rachel is Jean's legacy character or was supposed to be vis a vis the Phoenix code name I guess....

I still think we all know what's going on with the Psylocke situation though it has nothing to do with Legacy and it's like other said, a sort of cynical strategy of Marvel to try to trick casual readers into not even noticing the change in the character. It's like there is no real tradeoff or cost to their decision to undo Betsy from inhabiting a "sexy Japanese ninja" body. Many people pointed out at the time we don't really need another white female telepath and that Betsy as her 80s version was kinda dull, there is a reason Jim Lee made her transformation in the first place. Well I won't go any further into it, way too sensitive a topic but it's not as basic as "legacy character" let's be real
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 11-09-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

Spiritual successors and all that is great but that implies Marvel ever allowing the older established characters to leave the scene. GL on that.

Ok I can think of Lady Mastermind ^ There you go but even there it's different enough not a true legacy character

And you COULD argue Rachel is Jean's legacy character or was supposed to be vis a vis the Phoenix code name I guess....

I still think we all know what's going on with the Psylocke situation though it has nothing to do with Legacy and it's like other said, a sort of cynical strategy of Marvel to try to trick casual readers into not even noticing the change in the character. It's like there is no real tradeoff or cost to their decision to undo Betsy from inhabiting a "sexy Japanese ninja" body. Many people pointed out at the time we don't really need another white female telepath and that Betsy as her 80s version was kinda dull, there is a reason Jim Lee made her transformation in the first place. Well I won't go any further into it, way too sensitive a topic but it's not as basic as "legacy character" let's be real
    Angel
    Banshee
    Marvel Girl/Phoenix
    Penance
    Pyro
    Thunderbird
    Xorn
    Wolverine
    Morph
    Sprite
    Mastermind

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

Well there are

Phoenix
    Thunderbird
    Syrin/banshee
    Wolverine
    Vindicator
    Sinister
    And now
    Capitain britain & psylocke