Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Not just a bit, remember Laura and Cable are now "caterpillars" that a basically brand new character, who's only accomplishment to date is being in a coma for the past decade, is gonna turn into butterflies. But ya, sure. No regression here lol. Which regression can be forgiven if at least the characterization and story is interesting. But they were mindless planks here that were just conveniently going a long as they were being forced to fit into someone else's story.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-22-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

My hot take = "regressed" Laura is better Laura. "Developed" Laura is boring Laura.

And no Gabby is a gigantic plus
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not just a bit, remember Laura and Cable are now "caterpillars" that a basically a brand new character, who's only accomplishment to date is being in a coma for the past decade, is gonna turn into butterflies. But ya, sure. No regression here lol. Which regression can be forgiven if at least the characterization and story is interesting. But they were mindless planks here that were just conveniently going a long as they were being forced to fit into someone else's story.
    It really ignores how Cable and Laura are experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Gabby isn't dead or anything, at least I don't think. She's conspicuously absent so far though.

Laura is the one character I think would be most opposed to Krakoa just based on her recent character arc. First there's her acknowledging clones as separate people and trying to stop their creation and use as weapons. Then there's the lengths she had gone to bridge grudges people had against her and Wolverine; to the point of working with a human group made up of victims of their rampages. Going off to the mutant hidden elf village kinda gets in the way of that
    Gabby is hard to kill and now there is ressurrection. Maybe she is recruiting mutants with Glob.
    makes sense Laura wouldn't be into Krakoa, but seems like every a,b and c lister are into it.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-21-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    My hot take = "regressed" Laura is better Laura. "Developed" Laura is boring Laura.

And no Gabby is a gigantic plus
    This is correct. No one knew how to write Laura after Taylor’s run because she got so boring so they started writing her as Logan 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It really ignores how Cable and Laura are experienced.
    It’s not only been one issue, and Laura’s already said that she’s following Psylocke to watch after her.

I think more discussion on Laura specifically would be better in the Laura appreciation post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Gabby isn't dead or anything, at least I don't think. She's conspicuously absent so far though.

Laura is the one character I think would be most opposed to Krakoa just based on her recent character arc. First there's her acknowledging clones as separate people and trying to stop their creation and use as weapons. Then there's the lengths she had gone to bridge grudges people had against her and Wolverine; to the point of working with a human group made up of victims of their rampages. Going off to the mutant hidden elf village kinda gets in the way of that
    Yeah, this as well!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, this as well!
    Also she was literally trying to stop this exact resurrection process in her last solo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Also she was literally trying to stop this exact resurrection process in her last solo
    Good point. This was pretty much exactly what the Cuckoos were trying to do with Sophie and Esme, but didn't work because they were burning out their clone bodies.