Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    The fact they were so similar is exactly why they (and Romy) sucked together. Rules of opposite and everything.
    Another reason I was the only fan of the Rogue/Colossus flirtation on the face of this misbegotten earth. I also wanted newly-widowed Jean to have a fling with Gambit over in Uncanny at the time. He was beyond unlike her, from a different X-era. It was something totally different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Another reason I was the only fan of the Rogue/Colossus flirtation on the face of this misbegotten earth. I also wanted newly-widowed Jean to have a fling with Gambit over in Uncanny at the time. He was beyond unlike her, from a different X-era. It was something totally different.
    Im with you on Gambit/Jean but Roge and Colossus were both dumbass bimbos. Colossus needs someone smarter then him and Rogue needs someone whos more reliable then she is. RoguexKitty and ColossusxGambit was the perfect combination.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    And Cable clones ! I live my Psylocke
    That was one of the interesting takes that Spurrier had. Psylocke having a no strings attached relationship with Nathan was quite amusing.

BANNED

I haven't read Spurrier yet so I have no idea what this is.

Did she though? Have a long history with him? That relationship never felt organic, they went out on one date, had zero chemistry and then were somehow expected to be the next Jott/Romy with none of the charisma which writers clearly noticed since they were utterly uninterested in exploring them as a couple. Their most memorable interaction was Warren being jealous of Maggott of all people. Then unceremoniously dropped, they looked at each other once in Second Coming and Remender rolled with that and pretended they had some epic romance. It was a fling. It should have stayed just that imo.
    I have to agree about the relationship, though I did like the depth that was brought to her under Remender. It was finally something different than ninja'ing around! I liked the continued bond between her and Logan during the run.

I like Angel but didn't care much for them together, I just liked her supporting him while he fought his demons. So I was happy to see in Disassembled that it seemed finally to be over.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

tnh Betsy deferring to Jean every 5 panels is my biggest gripe with Disassembled because its the only thing I remember from it (along with Bishop calling that racist sir. Who wrote that?). Embarassing and ooc.

Im with you on Gambit/Jean but Roge and Colossus were both dumbass bimbos. Colossus needs someone smarter then him and Rogue needs someone whos more reliable then she is. RoguexKitty and ColossusxGambit was the perfect combination.
    Rogue isn't a dumbass. She lead many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I like Angel but didn't care much for them together, I just liked her supporting him while he fought his demons. So I was happy to see in Disassembled that it seemed finally to be over.
    I thought Betsy/Warren was pretty definitively over after the Dark Angel Saga, but it unfortunately resurfaced a few times, so i'm not so certain. I hope you're right though.

tnh Betsy deferring to Jean every 5 panels is my biggest gripe with Disassembled because its the only thing I remember from it (along with Bishop calling that racist sir. Who wrote that?). Embarassing and ooc.
    Jean, much like Kitty were leaders in this era so it makes sense. I loved Betsy and Jean working together in Disassembled and especially when they used their powers together. There was a brief time I thought Jean and Psylocke (Besty Braddock) were going to be the main telepaths in the X-men. They both have big roles but so will a lot of the other popular telepaths (Emma, cuckoos, Quire, Xavier, etc).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I haven't read Spurrier yet so I have no idea what this is.
    XForce? Or any of his books?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rogue isn't a dumbass. She lead many times.
    Those are not mutually exclusive.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that Warren and Betsy will ever truly be over, and before the whole Horseman thing they did have some good moments together so who know, once Hickman is gone the future could be bright for them together imho...

And it was just sex with the clones, the real Cable didn't know anything about it till the end and Betsy never wanted a real relationship anyway, it's best left in the past...

Leave Storm out of this.

Rogue was competent leading

It looks interesting, but Psylock, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but when a strange voice in your head commands you to kill, see a doctor immediately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rogue was competent leading
    Again, you can be dumb and lead a team. You can even be dumb and lead a country.