Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    There are essentially 0 "Legacy" characters in X-lore.

They tried it with Laura, it didn't take. She is Talon or X-23.

Keeping identities unique is better...

Spiritual successors and all that is great but that implies Marvel ever allowing the older established characters to leave the scene. GL on that.

Ok I can think of Lady Mastermind ^ There you go but even there it's different enough not a true legacy character

And you COULD argue Rachel is Jean's legacy character or was supposed to be vis a vis the Phoenix code name I guess....

I still think we all know what's going on with the Psylocke situation though it has nothing to do with Legacy and it's like other said, a sort of cynical strategy of Marvel to try to trick casual readers into not even noticing the change in the character. It's like there is no real tradeoff or cost to their decision to undo Betsy from inhabiting a "sexy Japanese ninja" body. Many people pointed out at the time we don't really need another white female telepath and that Betsy as her 80s version was kinda dull, there is a reason Jim Lee made her transformation in the first place. Well I won't go any further into it, way too sensitive a topic but it's not as basic as "legacy character" let's be real
    The problem with X-23 as Wolverine is that Marvel didn’t actually DO anything with it. They undermined it right from the start by bringing Old Man Logan in, who was pretty much treated by everyone in AND out of universe as Wolverine in all but name. It was like 616 Logan never died.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I mean as in the reasons Marvel are giving, even if Bets were disgusted with the name, why would Kwannon have any attachments to a codename Bets had BEFORE the body-swap? As for the latter, isn't that even more confusing for new readers, I mean certainly as much as a body-swap. I mean Marvel of course is doing it to have their cake and eat it too, but it still doesn't make much sense.
    Because even though she had it before the swap, she’s had it with the body for way longer. I imagine she’s come to associate herself with the namesake so when she started with a brand new body, she needed a new identity. But since there was a sort of narrative hiatus from Mystery in Madripoor to Excalibur, we never got to see that change until now.

I think besides New Mutants, this is my favorite Dawn of X book.

It was a good read. They are definitely elevating Kwannonlocke. And all of the DoX books feel very cohesive.

BANNED

The story is interesting so far, but I'm ambivalent on characterization so far. There's a bit too much Bendis in X-23's dialogue for my liking. And of all the reasons I can think of why she would dislike being on Krakoa spoilers:
    simple boredom
    end of spoilers wouldn't even chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The story is interesting so far, but I'm ambivalent on characterization so far. There's a bit too much Bendis in X-23's dialogue for my liking. And of all the reasons I can think of why she would dislike being on Krakoa spoilers:
    simple boredom
    I thought it was too simplist as a reason. needs lots of character work, as we saw too little for Laura and kid cable

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Thought this was a great read. Getting a glimpse of Kwannon in her current situation and excerpts from her past, drew me into the story.

Astonishing Member

simple boredom
    She wa handled badly, also why cable here ? He did nothing

simple boredom
    We did warn you that X-23 wasn’t gonna have the issues you said she did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We did warn you that X-23 wasn’t gonna have the issues you said she did.
    That doesn't excuse bad characterization.

Astonishing Member

I feel if she said she dosent deserve or know how to act in a environment like the island it would have come across better.

BANNED

That doesn't excuse bad characterization.
    X-23 not being characterized on Krakoa the way you wanted her to be is not by definition bad characterization though. It’s one thing if you wanted her to rebel against this new nation, but the books never promised you that she would do that. You just wanted her to.

I actually enjoyed this. Do we have an idea of who's joining the team alongside Psy, Cable and 23?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    I actually enjoyed this. Do we have an idea of who's joining the team alongside Psy, Cable and 23?
    Bling! for sure and if I remember correctly it will be Husk. So it will basically become an all-except-one chicks book.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Bling! for sure and if I remember correctly it will be Husk. So it will basically become an all-except-one chicks book.
    Now I remember, a book of outcasts.