Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wait but Cable looks kind of like Nanashi
    You have finally cracked the code to make him cool. Not even Hickman could solve Brisson's puzzle. THE GODSLAYER is a perfect fit for this book.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Whoa. Whatever is happening, I'll be here for it.

Don't know why she is going by Psylocke, though.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Jordan White explained that in one of the X-Men Monday posts. Name recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Jordan White explained that in one of the X-Men Monday posts. Name recognition.
    thats why JDW and Marvel are using it but that doesnt explain why Kwannon herself is

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Big thumbs up for including Mags and Essex on the cast list

Awesome art

Crazy premise and setting and themes

Looks very interesting although Kid Cable is still... ehhhh. We'll see how the book handles him.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

If she has always been aware in Betsy's headspace all that time, then she probably feels the Psylocke identity has become equally applicable to herself.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    If she has always been aware in Betsy's headspace all that time, then she probably feels the Psylocke identity has become equally applicable to herself.
    Doesnt seem healthy. While it was neither's fault, intersecting her life with Betsy was arguably the most traumatic thign to happen to her as it literally caused her to lose her identity. Latching onto Betsy's identity going forward seems like it could be problematic for her long term

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Betsy’s three because Kwannon was just asking “do you mind if I start dressing like you from thirty years ago. Also, now you’re Captain Brexit I’m going to adopt your old slave name.”, and Betsy‘s like “hai! Er, I mean rather, jolly hockey sticks!”
    Last edited by Frobisher; 11-07-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Doesnt seem healthy. While it was neither's fault, intersecting her life with Betsy was arguably the most traumatic thign to happen to her as it literally caused her to lose her identity. Latching onto Betsy's identity going forward seems like it could be problematic for her long term
    Depends if she takes the route of reclamation so that the name is a reminder of the past yet isn’t a burden or trigger for her. Especially now that Kwannon has to be confronted with her trauma almost every time she crosses Betsy on Krakoa.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I also want to understand why Mags or Kid Cable are on this team/book. Since the premise is basically "those not content with Krakoa" correct? Kid Cable seems pretty ok with things in XMen 1 and in the preview for XMen 2 but perhaps other things happen in Xmen 2 showing he "wants out" or "needs more challenges" etc etc. Or disagrees with his dad's approaches in some way.

But Magneto...? Is like the co leader of the entire enterprise. How could he even BE discontented? He pretty much IS "the man". I guess they'll play off all the adoration and worship he got and maybe he feels it's somehow undeserved and he "has to do something real". Idk just spitballing.

Kwannon (not calling her Psylocke) and X-23 make a lot of sense for this though, for sure.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I also want to understand why Mags or Kid Cable are on this team/book. Since the premise is basically "those not content with Krakoa" correct? Kid Cable seems pretty ok with things in XMen 1 and in the preview for XMen 2 but perhaps other things happen in Xmen 2 showing he "wants out" or "needs more challenges" etc etc. Or disagrees with his dad's approaches in some way.

But Magneto...? Is like the co leader of the entire enterprise. How could he even BE discontented? He pretty much IS "the man". I guess they'll play off all the adoration and worship he got and maybe he feels it's somehow undeserved and he "has to do something real". Idk just spitballing.

Kwannon (not calling her Psylocke) and X-23 make a lot of sense for this though, for sure.
    Magneto isn’t on the team, he’s just a prominent figure in the issue (same as Sinister and presumably Captain Britain)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    But Magneto...? Is like the co leader of the entire enterprise. How could he even BE discontented? He pretty much IS "the man". I guess they'll play off all the adoration and worship he got and maybe he feels it's somehow undeserved and he "has to do something real". Idk just spitballing..
    They're not all on the roster. Those pages just list the team plus mutants/heroes appearing in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Depends if she takes the route of reclamation so that the name is a reminder of the past yet isn’t a burden or trigger for her. Especially now that Kwannon has to be confronted with her trauma almost every time she crosses Betsy on Krakoa.
    It doesn't really qualify as reclamation if she's adopting someone else's identity. Reclamation is about taking control of words that people tried to use to shame you for your identity, not discarding that identity to imitate someone else.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Still rather had she would dress up like a ninja or like Revanche or outback Psylocke. Not the icon Psylocke look and costume. Really not digging that part at all.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    It doesn't really qualify as reclamation if she's adopting someone else's identity. Reclamation is about taking control of words that people tried to use to shame you for your identity, not discarding that identity to imitate someone else.
    It’s a name tied to her body just by virtue of how long Betsy had it while using Kwannon’s body. That’s how Betsy feels too and that’s why she no longer wants to go by that name.
    Last edited by Tycon; 11-08-2019 at 09:49 AM.