Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 248
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I just don't like it, exactly because so many characters have the TP/TK thing. They could have differentiated it a bit.
    There are five Wolverines in the XMen!

  2. #77
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I didn't know any forms of Psylocke were so popular or important that they needed not one but two books with forms of her at the forefront. Was there some Wolverine like Psylocke boom that i missed or something? This is such a exciting time for the X-Books, im just not sure how any Psylocke manage to land at the forefront of two of them. Im no trying to be mean, just seems odd.
    Killing Magneto raised her stock tremendously.



    Her solo issue during that run also was an absolute treat.

    Betsy fans are plentiful, just maybe not as obvious as some of the other X-Women. I read pretty much anything she's in and have done so since Mutant Massacre era.

    I'm so happy for both her and Kwannon. So much to explore.
    Last edited by Jbenito; 11-08-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  3. #78
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I just don't like it, exactly because so many characters have the TP/TK thing. They could have differentiated it a bit.
    Agreed, Psylocke should have kept the TP/TK combo and potentially brought back the Crimson Dawn. Captain Britain should stick to the Captain powers of super strength, flight, forcefield, etc. Having psychic powers on top of that makes her overpowered.

  4. #79
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'll never agree with this or Kwannon having the butterfly telepathic effects, neither are remotely tied to Kwannon she has no emotional or any form of connection to those things. If, Betsy no longer has a connection to the name or visuals, Kwannon would have even less of a reason as she never held either.
    I mean, you can never agree with it but it’s not like there isn’t an obvious reason sitting out in the open that many of us have addressed. Well two. The in-universe point about Betsy’s disgust with the name and Kwannon reclaiming it as her own, and out-of-universe which is just name-aesthetic recognition so it won’t get too confusing for those who aren’t as invested.
    Last edited by Tycon; 11-08-2019 at 11:48 AM.

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Killing Magneto raised her stock tremendously.



    Her solo issue during that run also was an absolute treat.

    Betsy fans are plentiful, just maybe not as obvious as some of the other X-Women. I read pretty much anything she's in and have done so since Mutant Massacre era.

    I'm so happy for both her and Kwannon. So much to explore.
    I don't know how I forgot she even lead Buncanny. Psylocke and Rogue have been in such a good place.

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There are five Wolverines in the XMen!
    I didn't say I liked having 5 Wolverines lol both bad choices. The TP/TK thing has been done too many times, plus now both of them have almost the same powersets and similar visuals with the psiweapons. I get why they gave Kwannon that powerset, but they could have accomplished the same visuals without doing the TP/TK thing.

  7. #82
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't know how I forgot she even lead Buncanny. Psylocke and Rogue have been in such a good place.
    Agreed. I always viewed Storm and Jean as the main female icons of the team with Rogue and Betsy next, Kitty and Emma after them (depending on their whereabouts).

    I'm hoping Kwannon gets some great attention now.

    P.S. Those panels above are why I'm HOPING Magneto's in this issue just to make a remark about being killed by Kwannon's body. Few can say they've killed Magneto. Even some side-eye from him would be rich.
    Last edited by Jbenito; 11-08-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Agreed, Psylocke should have kept the TP/TK combo and potentially brought back the Crimson Dawn. Captain Britain should stick to the Captain powers of super strength, flight, forcefield, etc. Having psychic powers on top of that makes her overpowered.
    We don’t know how the amulet has empowered Captain Britain. Using to she could already fly and make force fields. She was already a physical fight/super strong.

    I think this ties her into magic more and let’s her travel to and from Avalon. I’m sure there’s some power enhancement. Will be cool to actually see it.

  9. #84
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Except they cannot cheat the Asian girl in the Power department. Bad enough Elizabeth occupied her body for so many years and gained excellent fight skills and psychic weapons from it. Kwannon deserves something back for all this. Itís very appropriate she retained the tp/tk.

    Lots of people are psychics, are super strong, have energy projectile powers, etc. There are five Wolverines!
    Then she should ask Mojo or the Hand for reparations.
    "Cable was right!"

  10. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Asian Psylocke was made popular by video games and has appeared in the Fox movies. It’s the real reason Kwannon retains the name Psylocke and the butterfly.

    It makes it easier to use both Psylocke/Kwannon and Betsy Braddock in films without people accusing Marvel of doing yellow face.

    It’s a business decision that will stand regardless of a personal opinion.

    In story Elizabeth gained access to major fighting skills that she did not previously have due to being in Kwannon’s body and in that form she permanently gained the ability to make psychic weapons. She certainly took from Kwannon, so it’s fitting Kwannon keeps the Psylocke name and that she takes something from what was done to her.
    From an out of story excuse all of this might seem plausible, but in-story why would Kwannon or well anyone whose been "dead" for decade/years. Immediately return then decide to adopt the style, visuals, and costume of the woman who was essentially wearing her form? What reasons would she have even using the Bets' stole her "major fighting skills'' excuse doesn't hold up. Mostly due to Bets' codename and visual was always apart of her intrinsically it's why she kept them even after the initial body-swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I mean, you can never agree with it but it’s not like there isn’t an obvious reason sitting out in the open that many of us have addressed. Well two. The in-universe point about Betsy’s disgust with the name and Kwannon reclaiming it as her own, and out-of-universe which is just name-aesthetic recognition so it won’t get too confusing for those who aren’t as invested.
    I mean as in the reasons Marvel are giving, even if Bets were disgusted with the name, why would Kwannon have any attachments to a codename Bets had BEFORE the body-swap? As for the latter, isn't that even more confusing for new readers, I mean certainly as much as a body-swap. I mean Marvel of course is doing it to have their cake and eat it too, but it still doesn't make much sense.

  11. #86
    Amazing Member Flameworthy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Killing Magneto raised her stock tremendously.



    Her solo issue during that run also was an absolute treat.

    Betsy fans are plentiful, just maybe not as obvious as some of the other X-Women. I read pretty much anything she's in and have done so since Mutant Massacre era.

    I'm so happy for both her and Kwannon. So much to explore.
    This is arguably one of Psylocke's best costumes. If they were going to use a recycled costume for Kwannon it should have been this one.

  12. #87
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I just don't like it, exactly because so many characters have the TP/TK thing. They could have differentiated it a bit.
    Kwannon still only has empathy and telepathy which was (1) how she was able to share the vision of Rahne's death with Wolverine in Rosen-Men and (2) why she still needs a real katana cuz her psi-dagger only does mental damage.

    Betsy is the one with TP and TK.
    "Cable was right!"

  13. #88
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,331

    Default

    That one issue of Bunncanny that Betsy spends flirting/fighting with Mystique is one of the best X-Men issues of the last 5 years and I demand a follow up on their relationship.

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There are five Wolverines in the XMen!
    Are we not counting wild child???
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

  15. #90
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kwannon still only has empathy and telepathy which was (1) how she was able to share the vision of Rahne's death with Wolverine in Rosen-Men and (2) why she still needs a real katana cuz her psi-dagger only does mental damage.

    Betsy is the one with TP and TK.
    As far as we know she only has TP and she probably will have TK, hence the floating here. I hope she doesn't get TK too but it's more likely she will.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •