Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you think Doctor Doom will be a major villain to Krakoa later?

I can easily see it because as we all know, Latveria was one of the the few countries the rejected the trade deal for "political reasons". I don't think they would've noted that if it meant nothing. Besides, I don't think Doctor Doom of all people would stand idle to the idea of the world belonging to mutants (or really, anyone but him). I imagine that Doom would think "This world belongs to Doom, and not mutantkind!". Not sure if he explicitly hates mutants or not, because there have been indicates that he does, yet other times he doesn't, but even still. If anyone is going to take action against the idea of the world belonging to an outsider race, it'll be Doom. Plus, this whole saga is penned by Hickman, and Doom was the ultimate final villain of his landmark Fantastic Four/Avengers run.

If it comes to Doom opposing Krakoa, what do you think? Furthermore, how do you think it will happen? I can see him gearing up Latveria, and striking an uneasy alliance with others, as preparation for war. Then of course, he begins his chessmaster schemes that all work in his favor while disrupting the mutant nation.

Discuss.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

For one, I think he may become very interested in Apocalypse's going-ons.

He won't stand much of a chance if Doctor Doom #2 is any indication.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

He will stay in his lane if he knows whats good for him. I dont see Hickman revisiting Doom, people would keep bringing up SW.

And with this new war like mentality of Krakoa in regard to what to do if attacked i don't think it's smart for a Doom of all people to go up against the likes of Magneto and Storm. I don't know why Storm isn't flooding some of these places while sipping krakoan champagne from afar.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Doom could be an ally if he and Storm hook up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    The woman really can find beauty in anything. Drawn to a metal mask. ok girl. i see you.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Dont seem to be working on Wakanda. She needs to set the bar a lil lower. Maybe she can hit off with Dracula again and strike an alliance with vampires.

I wonder how Latverian Mutants are settling right now? Can the Mutants set a gateway there? Have they??? Find out next time on One P--oops. Sorry, wrong screen grab. Find out next time on Marauders!
    Last edited by Tycon; 11-07-2019 at 06:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Dont seem to be working on Wakanda. She needs to set the bar a lil lower. Maybe she can hit off with Dracula again and strike an alliance with vampires.
    Apocalypse doesn’t like vampires.

No he's overused, he can't be the major villain of everybody. There might be an issue or two about Latveria, but that's about it.

Mutants aren't planning a hostile take over of the world, so he won't actively go against them. But if they plan to put a portal in Latveria or something then he'll get involved. It's one of those things where he doesn't care until it effects him.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    No he's overused, he can't be the major villain of everybody. There might be an issue or two about Latveria, but that's about it.

Mutants aren't planning a hostile take over of the world, so he won't actively go against them. But if they plan to put a portal in Latveria or something then he'll get involved. It's one of those things where he doesn't care until it effects him.
    What do you mean? He's kind of been the major villain of everybody for a long time. I don't think Doom is going stand by as "the world belongs to mutants". That sounds rather unlike him.

"There is no other law but Doom's!" as he would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    What do you mean? He's kind of been the major villain of everybody for a long time. I don't think Doom is going stand by as "the world belongs to mutants". That sounds rather unlike him.

"There is no other law but Doom's!" as he would say.
    Yeah and it's boring. Get someone new, Marvel.

Mutants haven't really done anything yet besides make their own nation. If/when they go beyond that then Doom will likely get involved, until then I don't see it. If they don't make actual moves to take over then he has no reason to get involved.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I definitely think Latveria got mentioned for a reason and Doom will surely become an antagonist at some point especially if Marauders attempts to mess with "his" mutants. But I don't think he'll be the #1 mastermind behind all anti-mutant stuff.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Dr. Doom is a major villain to everyone in the Marvel Universe, including mutants. But I don't think he'll pay much attention to Krakoa. He's got other issues to deal with in his new series. The only instance in which he would be a threat is if Krakoa had something or someone he wants. Given the encounter between Cyclops and the Fantastic Four in House of X, that's not out of the realm of possibility. We know there's another X-Men/F4 crossover series on the horizon. Depending on how that turns out, Doom may take an interest in Krakoa.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.