Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Magneto opens black holes.

  2. #32
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Oh what a weeb thing I'm going to do.

    The Krakoan War Files pt.1
    By the Great Captains

    Two main issues against Krakoan takeover are the Avengers/Illuminati and magic.

    Magic
    Dr.Strange is still Sorcerer Supreme, and they also have Voodoo, Scarlet Witch, Wiccan (?) and possibly Clea. The mutants for now have Great Captain Magik, Selene [unreliable] and possibly Apocalypse and Captain Britain, even though we only know for sure about their power levels as of now. It should be taken into account that Apocalypse sent a message to human Earth magicians that could prompt them to take the Avengers side should Krakoa become a menace. We currently cannot sustain a full magic battle. Taking over or affiliating with Otherworld through Captain Britain might be essential to deal with magic in the future.

    The Big Two: Thor and the Hulk

    Thor might currently be on skyfather level since he sits now on Asgard's throne, while the Hulk is immortal. They both have the ability to annihilate the island by themselves.

    Should these two attack Krakoa, Omega mutants would have to be deployed before they destroy the island through elemental manipulation and sheer force. Resurrection protocols allow us to cycle through our Omegas and the likes of Vulcan, Mad Jim Jaspers and Proteus might be able to remove the two from the equation by stripping them of their powers through energy and reality manipulation. This might come with possible infrastructure and lives loss, so probably preemptive force should be deployed to remove them from the equation before the conflict begins, such as using teleporters to send them away or Limbo as a way to depower Thor (Cyttorak's influence had no power in Limbo, we might assume the same could be said about Asgardian magic). It is also to be considered that The Hulk might not take the Avengers side given his current situation.

    Tony Stark

    Stark has had his hands on Sentinel technology and was able to build Phoenix countermeasures, plus the Sol Hammer design is his design. As per the Red Skull Genoshan situation, we know he has advanced Sentinel tech in his hands that would require special attention.

    He's extremely dangerous and he's got a large amount of resources. A direct attack might not be the best choice.

    As much as counselor Frost would dislike this, the Inhumans had the best idea during the second Civil War as to how get rid of him: strip him off of his money, friends and connections. This could be done in many, subtle ways and should begin as soon as possible to make it look natural.

    Subtle telepathic manipulations on his employees and his principal business partners should be enough to start the fall of Stark. The contacts of the Hellfire Club among rich humans, Krakoan current enterprises and the new UN affiliations offer a wide network to manipulate against Stark. The hacking of his databases through The Sleeping Giant is going to offer private information and technology specifics that could both become useful. The use of private information to manufacture public scandals is to be considered. This won't possibly severe his connections to the Avengers but is going to make the public and business partners more reluctant to trust him until his empire falls.

    Being able to put our hands on tech schemes such as telepathic shield technology developed by Stark could be essential to let our telepaths (see part 2) be able to overcome possible psionic blocks.

    If he starts to be hostile before we can deploy countermeasures, see X-Force Assassination Protocols.

    Wakanda

    Wakanda is far more advanced technologically than any country on Earth, including Krakoa. They have started their colonization of the universe and are currently a galactic empire. They don't even need Krakoan drugs since they've already reached that level of farmaceutical knowledge. Black Panther is currently affiliated with the Avengers and leads the Agents of Wakanda, the closest thing to SHIELD since its dismantling. T'Challa won't stop against anything if he thinks Krakoa is a danger to Wakanda or mankind.
    Currently our nation cannot sustain a direct confrontation against Wakandan forces or technology.
    Possible advantages possessed by Krakoa are Counselor Storm and connections inside the Agents of Wakanda (Broo and Doctor Nemesis). Storm is currently regarded as a goddess among Wakandans and she's able to reach God power levels while on that land. This possible strong connection to Wakanda's deep religious roots could be employed against T'Challa.

    Should Namor accept Krakoa's invitation, we suggest to employ the Second Flooding Protocols.

    The Fantastic Four Situation

    Reed Richards is every bit as dangerous as Stark, but he's way more flexible than he is (see our previous big Avengers confrontation). He's not going to take part into any confrontation until we show violent behavior. This of course doesn't stop him from plotting against us in the meantime. Should he put his hands on Gate technology, he's likely to be able to reverse engineer it and make it very troublesome for us and what we are building.

    The FF have a Krakoan connection in the form of Franklin Richards, an Omega Level mutant. He is to be recruited to the cause before any conflict begins.
    Last edited by Veitha; 11-09-2019 at 03:43 AM.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Please help us figure out how to kill the Hulk instead of derailing.
    Don't be daft, nothing can kill the Hulk. He's the ultimate Immortal, and he holds grudges.

    Alternative strategy: Recruit him instead. Give him Las Vegas and a guarantee of non-interference in his affairs, and he'll kill the Avengers for you.
    The woman in the shadows with the elegant sigh.
    What could a common man do to catch her eye?
    Her easy manner shames me, oh I hate myself so much!
    I tremble and I'm breathless and I'm begging for her touch.
    She sees my anguished urges but continues smirking by,
    If I dare to follow her, it's likely that I'll die.
    But even as she's feeding, as my body's torn apart,
    Will she think upon me kindly?
    When she slowly eats my heart?

  4. #34
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh what a weeb thing I'm going to do.

    The Krakoan War Files pt.1
    By the Great Captains

    Two main issues against Krakoan takeover are the Avengers/Illuminati and magic.

    Magic
    Dr.Strange is still Sorcerer Supreme, and they also have Voodoo, Scarlet Witch, Wiccan (?) and possibly Clea. The mutants for now have Great Captain Magik, Selene [unreliable] and possibly Apocalypse and Captain Britain, even though we only know for sure about their power levels as of now. It should be taken into account that Apocalypse sent a message to human Earth magicians that could prompt them to take the Avengers side should Krakoa become a menace. We currently cannot sustain a full magic battle. Taking over or affiliating with Otherworld through Captain Britain might be essential to deal with magic in the future.

    The Big Two: Thor and the Hulk

    Thor might currently be on skyfather level since he sits now on Asgard's throne, while the Hulk is immortal. They both have the ability to annihilate the island by themselves.

    Should these two attack Krakoa, Omega mutants would have to be deployed before they destroy the island through elemental manipulation and sheer force. Resurrection protocols allow us to cycle through our Omegas and the likes of Vulcan, Mad Jim Jaspers and Proteus might be able to remove the two from the equation by stripping them of their powers through energy and reality manipulation. This might come with possible infrastructure and lives loss, so probably preemptive force should be deployed to remove them from the equation before the conflict begins, such as using teleporters to send them away or Limbo as a way to depower Thor (Cyttorak's influence had no power in Limbo, we might assume the same could be said about Asgardian magic). It is also to be considered that The Hulk might not take the Avengers side given his current situation.

    Tony Stark

    Stark has had his hands on Sentinel technology and was able to build Phoenix countermeasures, plus the Sol Hammer design is his design. As per the Red Skull Genoshan situation, we know he has advanced Sentinel tech in his hands that would require special attention.

    He's extremely dangerous and he's got a large amount of resources. A direct attack might not be the best choice.

    As much as counselor Frost would dislike this, the Inhumans had the best idea during the second Civil War as to how get rid of him: strip him off of his money, friends and connections. This could be done in many, subtle ways and should begin as soon as possible to make it look natural.

    Subtle telepathic manipulations on his employees and his principal business partners should be enough to start the fall of Stark. The contacts of the Hellfire Club among rich humans, Krakoan current enterprises and the new UN affiliations offer a wide network to manipulate against Stark. The hacking of his databases through The Sleeping Giant is going to offer private information and technology specifics that could both become useful. The use of private information to manufacture public scandals is to be considered. This won't possibly severe his connections to the Avengers but is going to make the public and business partners more reluctant to trust him until his empire falls.

    Being able to put our hands on tech schemes such as telepathic shield technology developed by Stark could be essential to let our telepaths (see part 2) be able to overcome possible psionic blocks.

    If he starts to be hostile before we can deploy countermeasures, see X-Force Assassination Protocols.

    Wakanda

    Wakanda is far more advanced technologically than any country on Earth, including Krakoa. They have started their colonization of the universe and are currently a galactic empire. They don't even need Krakoan drugs since they've already reached that level of farmaceutical knowledge. Black Panther is currently affiliated with the Avengers and leads the Agents of Wakanda, the closest thing to SHIELD since its dismantling. T'Challa won't stop against anything if he thinks Krakoa is a danger to Wakanda or mankind.
    Currently our nation cannot sustain a direct confrontation against Wakandan forces or technology.
    Possible advantages possessed by Krakoa are Counselor Storm and connections inside the Agents of Wakanda (Broo and Doctor Nemesis). Storm is currently regarded as a goddess among Wakandans and she's able to reach God power levels while on that land. This possible strong connection to Wakanda's deep religious roots could be employed against T'Challa.

    Should Namor accept Krakoa's invitation, we suggest to employ the Second Flooding Protocols.

    The Fantastic Four Situation

    Reed Richards is every bit as dangerous as Stark, but he's way more flexible than he is (see our previous big Avengers confrontation). He's not going to take part into any confrontation until we show violent behavior. This of course doesn't stop him from plotting against us in the meantime. Should he put his hands on Gate technology, he's likely to be able to reverse engineer it and make it very troublesome for us and what we are building.

    The FF have a Krakoan connection in the form of Franklin Richards, an Omega Level mutant. He is to be recruited to the cause before any conflict begins.
    Excellent write up analysis, what do you recommend for dealing with the likes of the Eternals, Dr Doom, Dracula(Vampire Nation) and various elder gods and godly pantheons who call earth home.
    Last edited by The tall man; 11-09-2019 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Add content

  5. #35
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Excellent write up analysis, what do you recommend for dealing with the likes of the Eternals, Dr Doom, Dracula(Vampire Nation) and various elder gods and godly pantheons who call earth home.
    Thanks!

    I think they mostly end up in the Magic category. While Cyclops had a lot of plans to be able to kill vampires (I don't really see them as a threat, just make it rain holy water or let Dazzler shine), I think that people like Doom or the Eternals might be a problem. It mostly comes down to how friendly Selene is right now and how powerful Apoc magic is is for Doom. Eternals... Sersi made short work of even Exodus and they can Resurrect and have a most powerful speedster. Let's say they're lucky they are currently dead hahaha but I think that with sheer numbers and psionics they could take them.
    Last edited by Veitha; 11-09-2019 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #36
    "Berserker Claw!" Wild Fang X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh what a weeb thing I'm going to do.

    The Krakoan War Files pt.1
    By the Great Captains

    Two main issues against Krakoan takeover are the Avengers/Illuminati and magic.

    Magic
    Dr.Strange is still Sorcerer Supreme, and they also have Voodoo, Scarlet Witch, Wiccan (?) and possibly Clea. The mutants for now have Great Captain Magik, Selene [unreliable] and possibly Apocalypse and Captain Britain, even though we only know for sure about their power levels as of now. It should be taken into account that Apocalypse sent a message to human Earth magicians that could prompt them to take the Avengers side should Krakoa become a menace. We currently cannot sustain a full magic battle. Taking over or affiliating with Otherworld through Captain Britain might be essential to deal with magic in the future.

    The Big Two: Thor and the Hulk

    Thor might currently be on skyfather level since he sits now on Asgard's throne, while the Hulk is immortal. They both have the ability to annihilate the island by themselves.

    Should these two attack Krakoa, Omega mutants would have to be deployed before they destroy the island through elemental manipulation and sheer force. Resurrection protocols allow us to cycle through our Omegas and the likes of Vulcan, Mad Jim Jaspers and Proteus might be able to remove the two from the equation by stripping them of their powers through energy and reality manipulation. This might come with possible infrastructure and lives loss, so probably preemptive force should be deployed to remove them from the equation before the conflict begins, such as using teleporters to send them away or Limbo as a way to depower Thor (Cyttorak's influence had no power in Limbo, we might assume the same could be said about Asgardian magic). It is also to be considered that The Hulk might not take the Avengers side given his current situation.

    Tony Stark

    Stark has had his hands on Sentinel technology and was able to build Phoenix countermeasures, plus the Sol Hammer design is his design. As per the Red Skull Genoshan situation, we know he has advanced Sentinel tech in his hands that would require special attention.

    He's extremely dangerous and he's got a large amount of resources. A direct attack might not be the best choice.

    As much as counselor Frost would dislike this, the Inhumans had the best idea during the second Civil War as to how get rid of him: strip him off of his money, friends and connections. This could be done in many, subtle ways and should begin as soon as possible to make it look natural.

    Subtle telepathic manipulations on his employees and his principal business partners should be enough to start the fall of Stark. The contacts of the Hellfire Club among rich humans, Krakoan current enterprises and the new UN affiliations offer a wide network to manipulate against Stark. The hacking of his databases through The Sleeping Giant is going to offer private information and technology specifics that could both become useful. The use of private information to manufacture public scandals is to be considered. This won't possibly severe his connections to the Avengers but is going to make the public and business partners more reluctant to trust him until his empire falls.

    Being able to put our hands on tech schemes such as telepathic shield technology developed by Stark could be essential to let our telepaths (see part 2) be able to overcome possible psionic blocks.

    If he starts to be hostile before we can deploy countermeasures, see X-Force Assassination Protocols.

    Wakanda

    Wakanda is far more advanced technologically than any country on Earth, including Krakoa. They have started their colonization of the universe and are currently a galactic empire. They don't even need Krakoan drugs since they've already reached that level of farmaceutical knowledge. Black Panther is currently affiliated with the Avengers and leads the Agents of Wakanda, the closest thing to SHIELD since its dismantling. T'Challa won't stop against anything if he thinks Krakoa is a danger to Wakanda or mankind.
    Currently our nation cannot sustain a direct confrontation against Wakandan forces or technology.
    Possible advantages possessed by Krakoa are Counselor Storm and connections inside the Agents of Wakanda (Broo and Doctor Nemesis). Storm is currently regarded as a goddess among Wakandans and she's able to reach God power levels while on that land. This possible strong connection to Wakanda's deep religious roots could be employed against T'Challa.

    Should Namor accept Krakoa's invitation, we suggest to employ the Second Flooding Protocols.

    The Fantastic Four Situation

    Reed Richards is every bit as dangerous as Stark, but he's way more flexible than he is (see our previous big Avengers confrontation). He's not going to take part into any confrontation until we show violent behavior. This of course doesn't stop him from plotting against us in the meantime. Should he put his hands on Gate technology, he's likely to be able to reverse engineer it and make it very troublesome for us and what we are building.

    The FF have a Krakoan connection in the form of Franklin Richards, an Omega Level mutant. He is to be recruited to the cause before any conflict begins.
    That's a damn great bit of world-building by framing this information in Illyana's character as if she were submitting this report to (for the sake of argument) Cyclops. It's times like this where I truly wish that Parker Industries was still the status quo for Peter Parker/Spider-Man because I would love to see the interaction(s) he would have with the likes of Cyke, Logan, Storm, Xavier, Jean, Cable, Kitty, Erik, and A-Poc and how Parker Industries would play a role in relations between the rest of the world, namely the US and Krakoa. I'd also would be down to see Spidey get involved in the X-Men/FF mini due to his relationship with both teams, especially where Franklin is concerned.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

  7. #37
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    That's a damn great bit of world-building by framing this information in Illyana's character as if she were submitting this report to (for the sake of argument) Cyclops. It's times like this where I truly wish that Parker Industries was still the status quo for Peter Parker/Spider-Man because I would love to see the interaction(s) he would have with the likes of Cyke, Logan, Storm, Xavier, Jean, Cable, Kitty, Erik, and A-Poc and how Parker Industries would play a role in relations between the rest of the world, namely the US and Krakoa. I'd also would be down to see Spidey get involved in the X-Men/FF mini due to his relationship with both teams, especially where Franklin is concerned.
    Generally agreed. I would add that given Bruce Banner has no more love lost for human society than the people of Krakoa do, perhaps Krakoa should seek Banner as an ally instead of treating him as a potential enemy. After all, he's seen more than enough to have come to the same conclusion as Krakoa --- that human society is fundamentally corrupt and rotten and pretty much at a dead end on account of the greed and power lust of an elite, select few who already have so much and yet always grasp for more, while everyone else just keeps their heads down and sticks to their material comforts in hopes of distracting themselves from how doomed and screwed they really are. The so-called heroes are incapable of or uninterested in doing the necessary work to make that society change into something that could actually sustain itself in the long-term, preferring to prop up an increasingly untenable status quo for as long as they can and turning a blind eye to the widening and deepening cracks in that status quo. If Banner and Krakoa were to put their heads together, they could really smash it up, and since Banner admitted he wasn't the person who had the means or will to build a new, better society . . . why not leave it to Krakoa instead?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #38
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    There is the crucial difference that Bruce/Devil-Hulk’s endgame (at least before TOBA eats him inside out) involves Humanity surviving the fall of human Civilization. Pretty much no X-Men endgame since at least Morrison involved there being any Humans left when all was said and done (not that it was wrong, but that was always a fairly blatant dishonesty in Xavier’s previous dream). Considering he’s effectively an undead immortal With rather breathtaking psychological issues, Bruce May notice that slight divergence in a team-up against Man.

    Additionally an alliance with Bruce runs certain risks, like TOBA (through Brian) taking notice of the various mutants with the touch of Gamma in their souls. and considering he seems to be TOAA’s direct counterpart, I suspect keeping him out once he has a scent might be beyond even the new magical paradigm.

  9. #39
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    There is the crucial difference that Bruce/Devil-Hulk’s endgame (at least before TOBA eats him inside out) involves Humanity surviving the fall of human Civilization. Pretty much no X-Men endgame since at least Morrison involved there being any Humans left when all was said and done (not that it was wrong, but that was always a fairly blatant dishonesty in Xavier’s previous dream). Considering he’s effectively an undead immortal With rather breathtaking psychological issues, Bruce May notice that slight divergence in a team-up against Man.

    Additionally an alliance with Bruce runs certain risks, like TOBA (through Brian) taking notice of the various mutants with the touch of Gamma in their souls. and considering he seems to be TOAA’s direct counterpart, I suspect keeping him out once he has a scent might be beyond even the new magical paradigm.
    Good points, I'll admit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •