Default The lasso and bracelets

Should the lasso or bracelets ever be broken? I know in the golden age Diana did take off the bracelets. How many times has the lasso broken?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Should the lasso or bracelets ever be broken? I know in the golden age Diana did take off the bracelets. How many times has the lasso broken?
    No, I like "Unbreakable" to mean and be just that...unbreakable. No story is worth changing the fabric of reality. Creative writers don't need to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Nope. Their definitions were sound. I think the Golden Perfect and Queen of Fables storylines perfectly captures the only acceptable conditions. By physical force? Never. Reality would sunder first as described for the bracelets

Boisterously Confused

Yeah, the lasso and bracelets, along with Green Lantern's battery/ring are DC's Mjolnir. They are the Ultimate Instruments. Anything that can destroy them should blow the entire planet apart.

I wonder. How powerful should the lasso and bracelets be? We have Grail being able to get out of lasso. No one not even gods should be able to get out.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The lasso absolutely not under any circumstances. If someone needs to get out of it, they need to genuinely be stronger than Diana and try and disarm her. I can accept magical beings like The Spectre or some enchanted armaments breaking the bracelets. That's fine. Sufficiently strong characters could even dent them (Superman, J'onn) but shouldn't outright break either.

They are unbreakable.
    done.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    They are unbreakable.
    done.
    Yeah, "unbreakable" for unbreakable objects!

Extraordinary Member

Do all the wonder family Lasso's work different

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Do all the wonder family Lasso's work different
    Yea. All their lassos would differently.

Physically unbreakable for both says I.

The only "breaking" thing I'd do with the Lasso of Truth is have it be a continuation of Diana's will (kinda like in the Simone run.) So if someone was being controlled or mesmerized by, let's say, Doctor Psycho it'd become a battle of strength and wills between Wonder Woman and Doctor Psycho to provide or obfuscate the truth or reality to the character ensnared in the lasso.

I have been wondering about the lasso. I’m not saying it should be 100%. But due to Diana having the lasso on her often. Should it help her with detecting lies. I’m not saying wonders. I’m just saying somehow Diana obtains a bit of the truth telling power.