• Yes

10 30.30%
  • No

16 48.48%
  • Maybe

7 21.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are you excited about Frozen 2

I found the first film very average once you remove the character of Elsa, who was a fantastic female character. I have some excitement about the sequel only because of Elsa and Anna's relationships but I am not just the biggest fan of the first film in general.I may or may not watch the sequel in cinema.

Despite some of my artistic dislike towards Disney, they have mostly gotten their Pixar and Disney animation right. Frozen may be worth another go based on this solid record of animated movies..

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'm scared it's only going to ruin the brand, but I'm very hopeful. Loved the first, and I don't say that about any Disney movies.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I'm scared it's only going to ruin the brand, but I'm very hopeful. Loved the first, and I don't say that about any Disney movies.
    I mean, a lot of stories have the same problem--Elsa's mysterious/aloofness was part of the draw and it was intentionally done that way.

I was ok with not getting a sequel, but the storyline in the trailer did pull me in.

They need some big catchy music numbers too.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I loved the first one... I like most of the Pisney/Dixar movies, except for the Cars series. It will be difficult to replicate the intangible reasons for the specialness of Frozen. Those legions of little girls who obsessed over it are now in middle school, so we'll see if they can re-create that.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I'm not an eight year old girl so no .

Only joking. I'm sure that legions of people from all ages and backgrounds will end up loving this film. Good luck to them all.

I did genuinely vote no though. I haven't even seen the first. I don't do Disney.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Wow, I did not expect many Nos.

Common guys, Disney may have sucked with their current live action of animated classics, I am looking at you Lion King but they have always gotten their animations mostly right. I voted yes.

I can't wait to hear the lead song. although The voice actress for Elsa sounded too mature. Heard she is back again.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'll wait until it hits Disney+ to watch it.

I thought the first was alright. My cousin, just about a year younger then me, loved it and is stoked for this movie (and plans to take her two daughters to it).

Disney cartoon sequels tend to be let downs, so I can't say I'm expecting a whole lot. It's hard to sometimes capture the "magic" that the originals tend to have.

But there are exceptions... perhaps this will be one of them.

I'm reserving judgement until I see it, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, esp. since I don't think it was "needed."
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I didnt even like the first Frozen but them again I feel like it was more aimed at girls. Zootopia 2/Moana 2 I'll be there opening day when those come out though. Frozen is a rare Disney animated movie I just didnt get into

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Easy Vote YES!

I thought the 1st one was better then I thought it would be and I have already heard nice things about the 2nd.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

I'm not excited because I don't get excited about these things anymore.

I thought it was an okay movie and that's about it. But I saw it with my best friend's little girl who would have been maybe six when she saw it (two years after it came out) and that's really who it was designed for. Seeing her fascination with it and her pretending to be Elsa, especially in the winter when she would apologize to me for it being so cold out because she can't control her powers.

Yes, it was a merchandizing cash cow but I judge it by the audience it was intended for, children and especially girls having a heroine, and how fascinated they were compared to similar movies.

So I am looking forward to Frozen 2 if only to enjoy seeing how kids react to it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I thought it was an okay movie and that's about it. But I saw it with my best friend's little girl who would have been maybe six when she saw it (two years after it came out) and that's really who it was designed for. Seeing her fascination with it and her pretending to be Elsa, especially in the winter when she would apologize to me for it being so cold out because she can't control her powers.

Yes, it was a merchandizing cash cow but I judge it by the audience it was intended for, children and especially girls having a heroine, and how fascinated they were compared to similar movies.

So I am looking forward to Frozen 2 if only to enjoy seeing how kids react to it.
    My cousin, mentioned earlier, is 29. She's as excited as any little girl is for the movie.