3 Powers of X #6 $5.99 Marvel
    4 The Joker: Year of The Villain #1 $4.99 DC
    5 House of X #6 $4.99 Marvel
    6 Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity #1* $5.99 DC
    7 Harleen #2 $7.99 DC
    8 Immortal Hulk #25 $5.99 Marvel
    9 Absolute Carnage #4 $4.99 Marvel
    10 Amazing Mary Jane #1 $3.99 Marvel

Wow, just Joker and Harley. There's a sight .

I guess Harley is the fourth pillar after all (hides)

Granted Marvel had a lot of #1's...but, umm, DC when are you going to start worrying about this?

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Granted Marvel had a lot of #1's...but, umm, DC when are you going to start worrying about this?
    When 5G crashes and burns I guess. Hopefully Didio and Harras will get pushed out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    When 5G crashes and burns I guess. Hopefully Didio and Harras will get pushed out.
    What is 5G exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It won't be rehashing more Nostalgia for its addicts which will save DC. If 5G doesn't work, Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent and the rest won't be able to sustain much new readership by themselves. They haven't have much appeal left. I certainly won't stick around for more of the same stories, revolving around the exact same characters, in the exact same situations and relations forever. And hopefully, enough reader would act the same to actually kill this utter lack of creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, just Joker and Harley. There's a sight .
    Maybe DC should just rename itself Juggalo Comics.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Joker's just got a movie so not at all surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It won't be rehashing more Nostalgia for its addicts which will save DC. If 5G doesn't work, Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent and the rest won't be able to sustain much new readership by themselves. They haven't have much appeal left. I certainly won't stick around for more of the same stories, revolving around the exact same characters, in the exact same situations and relations forever. And hopefully, enough reader would act the same to actually kill this utter lack of creativity.
    Agree that cashing in on nostalgia is bad, totally disagree that the old guard can’t get people interested. Just look at what Geoff Johns accomplishes with Hal Jordan. I seriously doubt Luke Fox is a more interesting character than Batman is.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'd love to see new characters getting developed and starring and made awesome - but not by riding the coattails of the characters who made the names. Don't make a new person Batman - make a new character as big as Batman. The old guard earned their fame and made their own names and I'd like to see new ones do the same instead of glomming on the pre-existing fame of other characters. It really does give the sense TPTB (and some fans) think the characters don't have the goods to become "famous" on their own merit and displays a lack of faith in the characters. It's a much over-used shortcut, IMO (like how many spin-off characters they create instead of making new, independent ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'd love to see new characters getting developed and starring and made awesome - but not by riding the coattails of the characters who made the names. Don't make a new person Batman - make a new character as big as Batman. The old guard earned their fame and made their own names and I'd like to see new ones do the same instead of glomming on the pre-existing fame of other characters. It really does give the sense TPTB (and some fans) think the characters don't have the goods to become "famous" on their own merit and displays a lack of faith in the characters. It's a much over-used shortcut, IMO (like how many spin-off characters they create instead of making new, independent ones).
    Yes well, where was the support for such an initiative as recently as the New Age of Heroes initiative ? Those were newx characters, so most of the readership wrote them as in limbo in less than a year and didn't even bother reading the issues 1 to make up their minds. So clearly, new characters taking off in the comic crowd is almost impossible, barring a very few exception : miss Marvel and Miles Morales are really the only two who have truly become mainstream and well-known nowadays. And both are wearing the (older) mantle of other, older characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    When Marvel & Dc tried new folks or even established ones (mainly of color) they got met with resistance.

Even when some proved their worth-guess who decided to STOP using them?

Some of the old guard earned their way because NO ONE stood in the way.
    No one was keeping Wonder Woman from having a book or being in a book like many of the POC had to deal with.
    No one restricted stories of Batman to racism stories in main books like we saw at times.
    No one took a stand and kept a book out of stores because they did not like who was on the cover. Chuck Dixon was can attest to that on Strike.
    No one QUESTIONED Mera getting a novel or mini when Aquaman came out and made a billion. Yet Shuri, Killmonger & Black Panther get questioned despite a billion dollar film and 3 Oscars.
    Look at the New Age Heroes-all but 2 books made it a year or more. Yet what are the chances we are going to see them again IN COMICS not on some TV show? Because we got a CRAP load of guys on tv shows that are MIA in comics. With folks ready to QUESTION you if you try to use them but will cry about Dc's profits.

Fans keep screaming make new folks but won't support or try them.
    Or FIGHT with the company to get rid of them. See Squirrel Girl or Moon Girl. Month after month after month any thread about sales or a decline at Marvel turns into a bytchfest about those two and others.
    Squirrel Girl is a New York Times best seller with a 50 issue run, 20 trades, 2 novels and a lead in a toy line. And is called a failure.
    Or someone else's name has to be on the book for them to get page time-See Batman & Outsiders.

Just look at what Geoff Johns accomplishes with Hal Jordan.
    At the expense of the other Lanterns and having a large pile of unsold books in bins.

It's PAST time. It's fine to scream Batman sales and Dc needs to flood the market with his crap. However what else is there? Batman is not Black Panther, My Hero Academia, Lumberjanes, Amazing World of Gumball, Peanuts, Wrong Earth or X-men.

It's not cute to look at sales chart and see the ONLY Dc books in top 100 are Batman related. While others offer variety and stand behind it. That is not saying dump Batman but take ahard look at everyone else and improve them.

Instead of replacing Bruce with Luke-put an EFFORT into Luke himself. Yes bigots, trolls, entitlement fans and store owners will push back. LET THEM.
    They did it to Squirrel Girl, Ms Marvel, Miles & others. Look how that worked out.

No Batman at all in the Top 10. Eesh.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-08-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Honestly the whole 5g thing really has me interested in what will happen next. I’ll probably pick up more DC titles than I ever have! I’m already buying Superman comics & the new Legion title because of Bendis. I never dreamed I’d d be interested in those books. I’m excited by what DC is doing.