Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Man King completely killed interest in Batman. Sales have tanked since the wedding fakeout LOL

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Man King completely killed interest in Batman. Sales have tanked since the wedding fakeout LOL
    I can’t get the “Fused” option to work, anyone mind telling me what the combined total for Batman is? Because yeah King looks to have sunk the book hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I can’t get the “Fused” option to work, anyone mind telling me what the combined total for Batman is? Because yeah King looks to have sunk the book hard.

Comichron

It should work on most browsers: just tap the up-down arrow beside the word Fused to re-sort the chart. If not, the fused entries all appear at the bottom of the table, as seen above.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Thanks! So not as bad as I originally thought. Thought it was in the 70k range.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One could make the argument that the quality of the stories DC is putting out have more to do with why they’re doing so bad, not the characters. This Ric nonsense is terrible but it doesn’t mean readers don’t care about Dick Grayson. King’s Batman has been very controversial but trying to say people don’t care about Bruce Wayne doesn’t seem true to me at all.
    I also think we can't deny that general sales attrition is a thing for long-running titles. Very rarely would I expect any title to hold humongous numbers within the 50-60 issue range.
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Outside of Batman, DC does very little to capitalize on movies/TV shows in their comic division. Wonder Woman should have gotten a huge push after the movie was a hit. Green Arrow and Flash should have gotten pushes with the Arrowverse success. Ditto Batwoman and Black Lightning. It's as if the comics division cares only about the Bat-characters: specifically, Joker, Harley, and Batsy himself. The limited publishing program is the problem.
    I think the emphasis on Bat-characters is a problem, although DC is releasing material with Black Lightning in the Outsiders.

I also can't see how they would push GA and Flash more then they already have with their Rebirth ongoings. Flash seemed to have already benefitted from a TV bump.

Mighty Member

Yeah, Batman is placing more or less exactly where you'd expect it. Big events (HOXPOX and Hickman's launch, Absolute Carnage), anniversary issues, and somewhat surprisingly Spawn 301 placing ahead of Batman, with ASM not far behind, is basically what happens every month.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    DC has been awful with new characters for the most part. Does Starling ring a bell? Bunker?

Where is Simon Baz these days?

If it ain't Bat-related, DC ain't interested. That is what hobbles the company. They put their eggs in one Bat-basket.
    Yeah, Simon's in limbo, and Marvel swiped the Starling name for a Vulture legacy character in Miles Morales's book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Flash Forward sells on par, heck even better than the main Flash book, the one that sold above was a conclusion to arc, tie-in to an event and included an important retcon regarding Hunter. Even that made only 4k difference between the books. I don't know how this makes the series a failure honestly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Flash Forward sells on par, heck even better than the main Flash book, the one that sold above was a conclusion to arc, tie-in to an event and included an important retcon regarding Hunter. Even that made only 4k difference between the books. I don't know how this makes the series a failure honestly.
    Word of mouth on FF seems positive, too, so I could see it leveling out or even increasing ever so slightly as Wally fans who were gun shy decide this is a mostly positive move for the character
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

King’s Batman not in the top 10 is no where as concerning as Snyder’s Justice League selling so poorly. He’s still a relatively a fan favorite writer (definitely one of DC’s highest paid creators), it’s the anchor book of their big event Year of the Villain, the storyline is about a massive Crisis level problem featuring the Monitor and Anti-Monitor, and all signs point to this story leading to an actual Crisis. You know, DC’s most cherished event story. This should be worrying them the most.

Unhappy

I think another indication of DC's weakness is the probable failure of Leviathan. No one I know in RL (who is into comics) cares about this event and there is little buzz online unlike with Marvel events such as Absolute Carnage or the X-Men soft reboot by way of comparison.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-11-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Can anyone tell me why Young Justice has two number 9s on the sales chart? Also, how did Superman 14 and Batman 78 only sell in the 1,600 range? I would think it was a DC only thing if I did not see Immortal Hulk 21 sell in 1,761. Like what happened in October to make some of these books sell this poorly? Like Marvel Comics 1000 only sold 2,816. Were Marvel and DC not marketing for that month? I mean even King Thor 1 only sold 6,742 and that's the first issue. People will tend to check out the first issue at least. Doesn't look like DC the only one struggling here.

Speaking for myself, I'm done with this "filler period". DC needs to get their head back in the game once DClock is done with.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Word of mouth on FF seems positive, too, so I could see it leveling out or even increasing ever so slightly as Wally fans who were gun shy decide this is a mostly positive move for the character
    It will probably stabilize around 30k but it won't sink like Booth was making out to be.