Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    Honestly the whole 5g thing really has me interested in what will happen next. I’ll probably pick up more DC titles than I ever have! I’m already buying Superman comics & the new Legion title because of Bendis. I never dreamed I’d d be interested in those books. I’m excited by what DC is doing.
    Good for you. I'm the reverse - I dropped Superman because of Bendis because I so disliked what he was doing.

Abysmal. They really let Johns wet the bed with this Rebirth nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Abysmal. They really let Johns wet the bed with this Rebirth nonsense.
    Uh Johns hasn’t been in charge for a while now. This is the Didio and Lee show. Rebirth has been over for over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Uh Johns hasn’t been in charge for a while now. This is the Didio and Lee show. Rebirth has been over for over a year now.
    I know. This all stems from from Johns’ flash in the pan failure.

BANNED

As much as I am willing to criticize DC for its shortcomings, part of the reason DC was pushed out of the top 10 to this degree is because Marvel is flooding the market with #1 issues. On the other hand, I almost can't blame Marvel, because those are what the stores keep buying. And man... 5 and 6 dollars for a comic? That's outrageous. Back when I was regularly buying these things they were $2.99, and that was only some years ago. It's just a broken industry all around, so rather than DC not filling top 10 slots, I would lament the entire state of the comics industry instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It won't be rehashing more Nostalgia for its addicts which will save DC. If 5G doesn't work, Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent and the rest won't be able to sustain much new readership by themselves. They haven't have much appeal left. I certainly won't stick around for more of the same stories, revolving around the exact same characters, in the exact same situations and relations forever. And hopefully, enough reader would act the same to actually kill this utter lack of creativity.
    Relaunching with new #1's featuring the return of the iconic A-listers to their traditional mantles seems like an option that generally works.

Marvel certainly did it after ANAD.
    Agree that cashing in on nostalgia is bad, totally disagree that the old guard can’t get people interested. Just look at what Geoff Johns accomplishes with Hal Jordan. I seriously doubt Luke Fox is a more interesting character than Batman is.
    There's good nostalgia and then there's bad nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    At the expense of the other Lanterns and having a large pile of unsold books in bins.
    Was it really at the expense of other Lanterns? I mean, people cite John being downplayed but we had Guy and Kyle co-leading GLC and eventually John did too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    I know. This all stems from from Johns’ flash in the pan failure.
    It's not like the current editorial has been able to create something sustainable with or without him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was it really at the expense of other Lanterns? I mean, people cite John being downplayed but we had Guy and Kyle co-leading GLC and eventually John did too.
    John Stewart headlined Green Lantern Corps when Geoff Johns left, and it was the first time he headlined anything since Green Lantern: Mosaic. I believe there was a MASSIVE 20 year gap between the two series. Furthermore, the company tried to kill him right before he headlined GLC. I suspect the ONLY reason he headlined GLC was to mitigate the push back the company was getting when the decision to kill him leaked. This was all extremely strange considering it was going on while the character maintained a very high profile on television, where he basically built a completely fresh fanbase with no help from DC whatsoever.

None of that was "because it just happened that way." Companies do this type of stuff on purpose when there is a conflicting version of a character they don't like or want to push. I don't keep up with this, but I've been told numerous times that Marvel really doesesn't like Monica Rambeau because that's not the Captain Marvel that Marvel wants. And we all know the Wally West story.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I guess Harley is the fourth pillar after all (hides)
    Nah! Stands on a chair and shouts it with a loud speaker! It's about time some fans face reality and get used to it.

Fans like to complain about Harley's exposure claiming she's being pushed. She isn't being pushed. she's in demand.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

King's Batman not cracking top ten is no surprise.

When 5G crashes and burns I guess. Hopefully Didio and Harras will get pushed out.
    You said it, dude. Lee too, at least as far as upper management is concerned.

Mighty Member

People are actually wishing for people to get fired is funny to me. You’d think they bought harm to an individual or something. But nope, they made a decision for a fictional character that someone didn’t like. Funny. No offense.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The last thing DC needs is new characters. Nobody was interested in New Age of Heroes because fan favorite characters ain't showing up or getting any good treatment. If they dont show up fans ain't buying anything. Comic fans are picky as hell and honestly I dont blame them.

The X-Men back on top is something though.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 11-08-2019 at 08:22 PM.

I wonder if Bendis' Legion #1 will hit the next top 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The last thing DC needs is new characters. Nobody was interested in New Age of Heroes because fan favorite characters ain't showing up or getting any good treatment. If they dont show up fans ain't buying anything. Comic fans are picky as hell and honestly I dont blame them.
    I'm curious if 5G will fix that at all, especially since the timelines is probably going to end up sequestering a lot of characters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    At the expense of the other Lanterns and having a large pile of unsold books in bins.
    What the hell are you talking about? You prefer the strange alien Guy or the paralyzed John, or the dead corps?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    John Stewart headlined Green Lantern Corps when Geoff Johns left, and it was the first time he headlined anything since Green Lantern: Mosaic. I believe there was a MASSIVE 20 year gap between the two series. Furthermore, the company tried to kill him right before he headlined GLC. I suspect the ONLY reason he headlined GLC was to mitigate the push back the company was getting when the decision to kill him leaked. This was all extremely strange considering it was going on while the character maintained a very high profile on television, where he basically built a completely fresh fanbase with no help from DC whatsoever.
    No, John headlined GLC because Venditti wanted it. John and Guy were co-leading the series before that. Venditti discussed with the writer of the Red Lantern to kick Guy out of the GLC book so that John could be the only leading character of that series. So, is that at the expense of Guy Gardner?
    I think many people has forgotten there was a GLC book only because Geoff Johns' GL succeeded and he wanted a 2nd tier series.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 11-08-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Fantastic Member

I am sure Bendis' Legion will appear like number 9 or something, and then going to start its long and painful decline...