Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I guess coates is to blame here too???
    What does Coates have to do with Strikeforce?

He sure is to blame for Panther solo selling like crap.

Coates doesn't consistently sell books. his cap went from 172,142 with issue 1 to 36,510 on issue 15. His name sales first issues because of his outside comic work and the collect-ability that comes with that but his Stories consistently turns readers away in droves.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Oh man I just noticed invisible woman... It was doing good I thought it'd be a consistent 20k range seller

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Coates doesn't consistently sell books. his cap went from 172,142 with issue 1 to 36,510 on issue 15. His name sales first issues because of his outside comic work and the collect-ability that comes with that but his Stories consistently turns readers away in droves.
    As someone who is deeply weary of Coates' BP and who is praying he's off that title in 2020, I have to say it's unfair to slag his work on Cap.

Sales on Cap are doing just fine - it's hardly unusual for a book to have huge sales on a #1 and then drop down and level out.

Is it possible that he'll drag things out to an unbearable degree on this book too? Maybe. But for now, at least, I think Coates is doing right by Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by katefan View Post
    Pretty sad when Batman is outsold by Immortal Hulk. Not saying the Hulk comic is bad because I've heard it's outstanding. But Bats is DC's flagship title and it's bombing hard.
    No it isn’t lmao. It’s their only book that’s even selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Think they'll also launch a new Avengers book with her back in the team? Might be why Champions hasn't had a relaunch announced yet - her exclusion would be a spoiler.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Between that and her being an Avenger in the cartoon, I could see that happening again.
    I think we need to move past Kamala as a teen Avenger, but it definitely seems like something writers like using.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The second issue of Web of Black Widow dropped sharply.
    Sad to say, but Black Widow just cannot seem to hold a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Oh man I just noticed invisible woman... It was doing good I thought it'd be a consistent 20k range seller
    I thought that was a 5 or 6 issue mini from the start rather than an ongoing?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    It is. 10 Char.

BANNED

i know it was a mini, but the lower sales can still feel bad, and be indicative of future projects
    well atleast the advertising for the book was low, no variants and all that, so there's a chance of upward mobility

Since it's a spin off from Avengers, I always thought it should've been Avengers: Agents of Wakanda, and not Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda. If it fails, the naming is a possible reason why. Branding is important!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think y'all are overreacting considering they've hardly been advertised since release #1 Strikeforce is doing relatively well. It's not like the title really has big names to draw people in, even still I give it at least a good 25 issues and 5 TPB's
    Strikeforce is in the top 100. From my understanding that's pretty good? Also, I expect next month to get a boost bc Doom. Also, people who picked up Excalibur may check this out too.

I'm not counting Strikeforce out yet.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It was a tough month for a new comic to debut but Doctor Doom #1 squeaked out ahead over Batman #81. There's already been second printings on issue #1 and for issue #2. Not sure if that means vendors underordered or Marvel's giving it an extra push

Also, as if we didn't know already it looks like with those results on the X-Men titles Hickman can write his own ticket at Marvel or anywhere else he chooses.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-11-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

Pretty sad when Batman is outsold by Immortal Hulk. Not saying the Hulk comic is bad because I've heard it's outstanding. But Bats is DC's flagship title and it's bombing hard.
    NO it is NOT.

That company had FLOODED the market with Batman books. Books that leave a LARGER pile of unsold books once everyone who wants one buys them.
    A pile of unsold books no one wants to talk about but let Ms Marvel leave 1-2 copies. 50 youtube videos and trolls blaming her for the demise of the comic book industry.

Batman is suffering from SUPERSATURATION. Instead of solving some of the issues (self inflicted) with some characters-they flood the market with a Batman book.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

The important thing to consider:

Marvel had returned to doing overships to assist select titles during the summer, but that practice was little in evidence in October: the comics retailers received extras on appear to include, in descending order of sales, only Savage Avengers #6, Black Cat #5, Strikeforce #2, and Black Panther and Agents of Wakanda #2.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Was Ghost Rider overshipped? Pretty high ranking for a book barely anyone talked about.
    It may have been a bit. The units and dollars aren't matching up. It probably had variants too. But the DC variant covers are messing up some of the numbers also.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Avengers, Savage Avengers, Silver Surfer Black and Captain Marvel all went up over the previous month. Fantastic Four beat Avengers and Justice League.

The second issue of Web of Black Widow dropped sharply.
    Second issues always drop sharply.

Marvel overshipped Savage Avengers.

Strikeforce is in the top 100. From my understanding that's pretty good? Also, I expect next month to get a boost bc Doom. Also, people who picked up Excalibur may check this out too.

I'm not counting Strikeforce out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think y'all are overreacting considering they've hardly been advertised since release #1 Strikeforce is doing relatively well. It's not like the title really has big names to draw people in, even still I give it at least a good 25 issues and 5 TPB's
    I seriously doubt it. Not many new books, unless they are getting some sort of editorial / TV / Movie push, get anywhere near 25 issues. If it is lucky, and sales level out asap, it will get 12 issues. Since it was overshipped, you can half that sales number, and 17K for a second issue doesn't scream success to me.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member

Big special issue with incentive variants and speculator hype is driving the market. Amazing Spider-Man should be selling as well as Batman. It should be outselling it. Batman is still the top selling monthly/ongoing book. Fact. If that is bombing, that says more about Marvel and the rest of the industry than DC or Batman.

And I did not write this to defend DC or attack Marvel, I just had nothing else to say because my only take away from the sales charts is what a mess, I feel sorry for all the retailers who this information is supposed to help with ordering.