Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    That's great, although her and Pérez had me doing a Where's Waldo? trying to find her ^there.

Here is a lightened up close up.

She's a bit more prominent in next months Infinity Inc. #25, April 1986)

Yeah, was about to say that Infinity Inc. #25 was the first cover in which Yolanda’s face is visibly closer. She doesn’t seem to have made many cover appearances outside of that series though. I recall she appears on a couple of 1993 Eclipso covers, but still not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Who are the characters on the bottom?
    They are several members of the Injustice Society. LtoR:
    Paula Brooks (Huntress/Tigress), Henry King (Brainwave), Jordan Mahkent (Icicle), Dr. Ito (Dragon King), Lawrence "The Crusher" Crock (Sportsmaster)
    Also you see Solomon Grundy emerging in the trailer.

Grundy emerging jump to 0:54

Last edited by Güicho; 04-24-2020 at 06:22 PM.

WILDCAT 1.jpglooking forward to her come back in comics as wel I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    WILDCAT 1.jpglooking forward to her come back in comics as wel I hope.
    I hope they bring her back in the comics, as well as Beth Chapel (Midnight) :
    Until then: we've only had a few glimpses of Yolanda at Courtney's new school
    She's hard to read, from what little we've seen, seems Yolanda has been shamed and ostracized at school, and isn't looking to make friends.
    She seems to act withdrawn and mousy, but something tells me she's about ready to cut loose on someone.

I'm curious to see how Courtney gets to her, gains her trust, and gets her as an ally.
    And finally seeing her in-costume debut.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/W2WCf...xL96/giphy.gif

From the looks of it, she straight reuses Ted's helmet.
    Is it just me, or was the Wildcat "helmet" always meant to invoke boxing headgear?

I wonder if they'll use Ted Grant was her uncle by way of her father Juan "The Mauler" Montez , who Ted Grant once fought and trained with in the ring.
    Who according to Grant was- "the toughest opponent he had ever faced in the ring."

https://i.imgflip.com/3xpjn1.gif
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-10-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Godson of Al Pratt(Golden Age Atom), Albert Rothstein(Nuklon/Atom-Smasher)
    Visiting Yolanda's home. On the wall a poster of Ted Grant(Wildcat) vs. Juan Montez (Yolanda's father).......

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Also looks like the TV show is taking some character cues from Infinity Inc.
    As we see Henry King Jr. (Brainwave Jr.), having issues with Yolanda(soon to be Wildcat) and played as an antagonist to her.

If they follow the beats here, if he turns on his father, and eventually joins the team as Brainwave Jr., that antagonism and mistrust will probably remain between Yoland and Henry King Jr.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-28-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Character profiles from the late 80s and early 90s.

Couple of team shots:
    Justice Society Infinity by Ordway.
    Both Yolanda and Beth are there.

JSA Anual
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-29-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Honestly I really liked her character episode in Stargirl, its clearly different from the comic origin and I honestly did feel really bad for her (don't want to spoil but it was pretty upsetting what happened and I completely understand why it impacted her the way it did) but honestly really loved when Yolanda became Wildcat and tried out her powers. Compared to her in the rest of the episodes it was nice to see her just enjoy being a hero.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I really liked her character episode in Stargirl, its clearly different from the comic origin and I honestly did feel really bad for her (don't want to spoil but it was pretty upsetting what happened and I completely understand why it impacted her the way it did) but honestly really loved when Yolanda became Wildcat and tried out her powers. Compared to her in the rest of the episodes it was nice to see her just enjoy being a hero.
    Looking forward to it.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but she's got her own little set-up trailer.

And yes she's boxer!
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-08-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Has Roy Thomas spoken up about any payments, residuals or "special thanks" lump sums he's received from the Stargirl TV show? It sure seems like the show is being built upon a lot of the stuff that he created, in addition to Johns & Moder's Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. comic.

I know, legally, they probably don't owe Thomas anything given when he created all these characters, but the mid-80s was when a lot of these creator royalties were instituted.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Has Roy Thomas spoken up about any payments, residuals or "special thanks" lump sums he's received from the Stargirl TV show? It sure seems like the show is being built upon a lot of the stuff that he created, in addition to Johns & Moder's Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. comic.

I know, legally, they probably don't owe Thomas anything given when he created all these characters, but the mid-80s was when a lot of these creator royalties were instituted.
    I would certainly hope so, if nothing else.

What did everyone think of Yolanda in tonight's episode? I appreciate that they didn't dial her up to some unrealistic extreme. While I don't like the implication that Ted Grant's suit did some of the work for him, it does allow for the gap to close between world heavyweight champ and high school student. Here's to hoping she gets into some great scraps and gets to show just how much of that sweet science she's studied.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

What did everyone think of Yolanda in tonight's episode? I appreciate that they didn't dial her up to some unrealistic extreme. While I don't like the implication that Ted Grant's suit did some of the work for him, it does allow for the gap to close between world heavyweight champ and high school student. Here's to hoping she gets into some great scraps and gets to show just how much of that sweet science she's studied.
    I liked her story in this episode.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I had similar feelings about Wildcat's supersuit, but, upon reflection, I don't think it diminishes Ted at all. Ted Knight, or some other super scientist probably just made it for Wildcat years ago as an extra layer of protection for him and to enhance his already formidable skills. I have no doubt that Ted Grant complained about not needing them on a regular basis

I had similar feelings about Wildcat's supersuit, but, upon reflection, I don't think it diminishes Ted at all. Ted Knight, or some other super scientist probably just made it for Wildcat years ago as an extra layer of protection for him and to enhance his already formidable skills. I have no doubt that Ted Grant complained about not needing them on a regular basis
    I have a theory that they gave Ted this super hi-tech suit and all he ever used it for was punching people .

I do wonder if the picture of that boxer in Yolanda's room was supposed to be Ted.

Haven't payed attention to the credits, but yeah it'd be nice if they could give Roy Thomas and the artist credits, heck they can go all the way back to the founding of National and DC and All Star comics handing out creator credits with this series would be a pretty tremendous list.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-10-2020 at 08:13 AM.