Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    he brought them back for Doomsday Clock instead of the legacy versions he wrote.
    Didn't know they'd been brought back in Doomsday Clock.
    Any significant role?
    Issue numbers?
    Scans?

Thanks!

...EDIT:

Ok, some quick googling brought me this.
    Haven't read it, Is it just this splash page...?
    Or something more?

Not up on DC constant event "fixing" (in fact that's when I tune them out) , or if there was another event-fix right after this^?
    So does this splash page reference suposedly make Yolanda and Beth "exist", or "alive", in current in-universe canon?

Does that mean if a current editorial and creative team is inclined to use them, they don't have to reinvent the universe, to do so?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-15-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Didn't know they'd been brought back in Doomsday Clock.
    Any significant role?
    Issue numbers?
    Scans?

Thanks!

...EDIT:

Ok, some quick googling brought me this.
    Haven't read it, Is it just this splash page...?
    Or something more?

Not up on DC constant event "fixing" (in fact that's when I tune them out) , or if there was another event-fix right after this^?
    So does this splash page reference suposedly make Yolanda and Beth "exist", or "alive", in current in-universe canon?

Does that mean if a current editorial and creative team is inclined to use them, they don't have to reinvent the universe, to do so?
    Essentially it means the JSA is back in the main DC Universe but no one has quite touched on it yet.

Essentially it means the JSA is back in the main DC Universe but no one has quite touched on it yet.
    Well I hope that means they can all return.
    Some kind of legit classic JSA (still active) senior team of the DCU (with flashback stories to their Golden Age in their prime).
    And at the same time a Legacy team, maybe a combo of Infinity Inc. and the TV show's Jr. Society.

Essentially from that image, here is the Jr.JSA/Infinite Inc. team we might get plus those teased for season 2. Jakeem and GL Legacies (potentially Jade & Obsidian)
    If they can build this team in the comics I'd love to see it.

Interview with Johns - https://tvline.com/2020/08/11/dcs-st...hns-interview/

Some quotes pertinent to Yolanda / Wildcat

TVLINE | Coming out of the finale, I feel like one of the heaviest moments involved Yolanda (played by Yvette Monreal). She seems to be in a dark place now, clearly having trouble processing that she took a life.

Yes, very much so. That’s going to be a big part of Season 2, her struggle with that. You see it when they’re sitting on the bleachers. You see this relief on Rick’s (Cameron Gellman) face, you see that he found peace — I love that moment where Courtney says, “Are you OK?” and he says, “Yeah,” because there is so much in that “yeah” for him. He’s starting to kind of turn a corner, whereas we see Yolanda turning the other way, as she is sitting a bit distant from the other kids. She’s lost in her own world, thinking about what she has done. That’s definitely something that will play a major role going into Season 2 — how is she going to deal with what she’s done? It’s not just, “Oh, she took out a villain.” It’s, “Oh, she killed somebody.” Rick was ready to [kill someone], and she was not
    So yeah she pretty well being set up for a potentially heavy dark turn, and influence of Eclipso.

TVLINE | As far as the assorted threats you teased for Season 2, you gave us The Shade… Shiv (Meg DeLacy) and Eclipso…

Eclipso is one of my very favorite villains in the books, and he’s somebody who in the comics actually killed Beth Chapel and Yolanda Montez — and they never came back, until recently. They were dead before I ever got into comics in the ’90s, but I brought them back at the end of Doomsday Clock. Eclipso is a really interesting character because he embodies darkness and corruption. The Shade, we obviously set up. And there are more character and other surprises we haven’t even hinted at yet for Season 2.
    I keep forgetting how relatively new Johns is into the comic scene. And when he got in, allot of the eXtreme 90s purely for shock and awe fridging deaths had already happened, before he got there.
    I'm really glad he saw the value in Yolanda and Beth as legacy characters , braught them back and is wiling to explore them further.

And yeah maybe we will get a revisit of that Eclipso showdown, with (hopefully) a very different outcome.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-16-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Well John’s did have plans for them in his Shazam run but I have no idea if that’s still happening in his final issue. Other then that Jakeem Thunder appeared for a few issues in Teen Titans during their genie arc.

Then there is all the Flash stuff and Death Metal. Hawkman also had them but that was set in the past so I don’t think that counts.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-16-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well John’s did have plans for them in his Shazam run but I have no idea if that’s still happening in his final issue. Other then that Jakeem Thunder appeared for a few issues in Teen Titans during their genie arc.

Then there is all the Flash stuff and Death Metal. Hawkman also had them but that was set in the past so I don’t think that counts.
    The plans for them in Shazam were scrapped when the book got cancelled. At this point with how F***ed DC is, it unfortunately looks like we will not see them outside of metal.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Not sure what is going on with her costume from the latest Justice Society image / teaser:

Hitch drew her with some 90s style accessories.

Ultimate Member

I keep forgetting how relatively new Johns is into the comic scene. And when he got in, allot of the eXtreme 90s purely for shock and awe fridging deaths had already happened, before he got there.
    I'm really glad he saw the value in Yolanda and Beth as legacy characters , braught them back and is wiling to explore them further.

And yeah maybe we will get a revisit of that Eclipso showdown, with (hopefully) a very different outcome.
    Man, that explains so much now.

Glad to finally get Yolanda back. All the deaths in that issue were stupid

From 08-16-2020:
    . . . I keep forgetting how relatively new Johns is into the comic scene. And when he got in, allot of the eXtreme 90s purely for shock and awe fridging deaths had already happened, before he got there...
    But he made up for that in Infinite Crisis.

Will they give Yolanda Black hair now? Since the actress that plays her on Stargirl doesn’t have red hair

Astonishing Member

Not 90s but ultimate style costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Will they give Yolanda Black hair now? Since the actress that plays her on Stargirl doesn’t have red hair
    God, I hope not.

Why doesn't the show make the actress playing her wear a red wig or dye her hair?