Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Magneto's regime on Genosha suppressed its opposition in a civil war and Utopia had Schism happen: that's two examples of what I said earlier about mutant societies being no different than other societies in-universe.
    Schism was about the ideologies of Scott and Logan I've what direction to take the X-Men it was infighting among a group of Mutants..... Magneto fought that war in Genosha against the Flatscans who were still living in the island
    GrindrStone(D)

New regime wipes out opposition/former government supporters, copy/paste to dozens of countries before Genosha, dozens after.
    As for Schism, mutants having different opinions and ideologies within a mutant society is part of the point I've been making in the post you first answered to. So you either didn't read it before answering or didn't understand it altogether?
    You brought up those two examples but they perfectly illustrate what I just said about mutant societies being like any other human societies really:

"Mutants are humans, just as sapiens are humans.
    Therefore, variety and diversity among them, both physically and philosophically is not only expected, but very much a natural outcome from them living in society."
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Schism also hppened two years after Utopia was set up. But Im sure if you continue complaining in every thread about how bad this story is it'll end up selling less than 90k eventually.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Schism also hppened two years after Utopia was set up. But Im sure if you continue complaining in every thread about how bad this story is it'll end up selling less than 90k eventually.
    I don't think most of us actually hate what Hickman is doing, we just think it's weird...But the weirdness is part of the appeal.

Waaay to have surface-level reading of my remarks, but I wasn't exactly expecting anything different coming from you so I can't act surprised here. At all.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Mutants? Sure.
    X-Men? Nope.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

i believe there is....that's how i read the Council's meeting, anyway.

each colored with its own ideology.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

If humans end up in a similar situation as Krakoa's mutants can you expect the likes of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Donald Trump, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to all unite and agree on a single government?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm not American so I care not for your politicians. Considering how corrupt people are the "single government" thing is a horrid idea.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Waaay to have surface-level reading of my remarks, but I wasn't exactly expecting anything different coming from you so I can't act surprised here. At all.
    Oh so you had a point? Coulda fooled me because it sounded like you were just saying you disliked that there was no diversity of povs and opinions on Krakoa, which is funny bc w're barely one month in the new statu quo and JDW confirmed this week there were stories planned to explore the different factions and ideologies at play. Which Im sure you've read since you're suuuuch an avid XMen fan. So what was your point again? Because you compared Krakoa to Genosha (which was a b plot and not a new statu quo for the main protagonists) and Utopia (which, again, took two years before exploring a differing ideology which you pretend you were satisfied with but now you've been complaining non stop after barely two months).

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    If humans end up in a similar situation as Krakoa's mutants can you expect the likes of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Donald Trump, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to all unite and agree on a single government?
    For long, no, but facing genocide on a constant basis for years would lead to more unity, even if temporarily.

Oh so you had a point? Coulda fooled me because it sounded like you were just saying you disliked that there was no diversity of povs and opinions on Krakoa, which is funny bc w're barely one month in the new statu quo and JDW confirmed this week there were stories planned to explore the different factions and ideologies at play. Which Im sure you've read since you're suuuuch an avid XMen fan. So what was your point again?
    Now you're raving.
    This thread is about whether or not people think there should be a new political spectrum for the mutants of Krakoa, JDW saying "this is going to be explored" doesn't factor into the opinions being expressed here, beyond vindicating them in some cases.
    You are the one missing the point of this discussion here.

Because you compared Krakoa to Genosha (which was a b plot and not a new statu quo for the main protagonists) and Utopia (which, again, took two years before exploring a differing ideology which you pretend you were satisfied with but now you've been complaining non stop after barely two months).
    And?
    Genosha and Utopia are two mutant societies who preceded Krakoa, are they not? They weren't uniformized collectives with uniformized perspectives, were they? Why are you arguing against THAT exactly?
    They are fair comparisons to make, however distasteful you find them to be.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 11-12-2019 at 02:57 PM.

"No justice, no peace."