Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 117
  1. #76
    Mighty Member tuck frump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    I thin Colossus actually hit Pixie on panel once. Anyway it was very convenient for Cyclops to rebel against the USA on behalf of a group he was the uncontested leader of and which was essentially comprised of traumatized children. Where do we put use of child soldiers on the political compass?

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    Was there another political group being the victim of death squads and giant robots sponsored by the government?

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Was there another political group being the victim of death squads and giant robots sponsored by the government?
    Emo kids In the early 2000s :/
    GrindrStone(D)

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member Mutant God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No.
    Stick to fighting bad guys.
    But the country is not full of good people, some of the population on Krakoa are bad guys who could gain more power in a bad situation, not everyone on Krakoa is a X-Men (X-Men are a minority within their own people lol)
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

    Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

    Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

    Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

  5. #80
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Agreed. Jean is really messed up.



    The confederates declared war on america too.
    Are you pro-cop???

  6. #81
    Mighty Member tuck frump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Are you pro-cop???
    Stop ablooing me.

  7. #82
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    ...... nvm.


    Magneto is a monarchist.
    Genosha and house of m were monarchies and monarchies are general considered ‘right’ (though not really American right so much.) Now that he’s in charge (or at least prince consort ) he probably wants everyone to respect the government authority and what Krakoa cops/soldiers/CIA/x-force there is...he has his own estate, bigger then the ‘peasants’ on the island...hmm...interesting...

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Genosha and house of m were monarchies and monarchies are general considered ‘right’ (though not really American right so much.) Now that he’s in charge (or at least prince consort ) he probably wants everyone to respect the government authority and what Krakoa cops/soldiers/CIA/x-force there is...he has his own estate, bigger then the ‘peasants’ on the island...hmm...interesting...
    Constitutional monarchies.*

    The people of England may love William and Kate, but they sure as hell would draw the line at William and Kate giving decrees.
    The woman in the shadows with the elegant sigh.
    What could a common man do to catch her eye?
    Her easy manner shames me, oh I hate myself so much!
    I tremble and I'm breathless and I'm begging for her touch.
    She sees my anguished urges but continues smirking by,
    If I dare to follow her, it's likely that I'll die.
    But even as she's feeding, as my body's torn apart,
    Will she think upon me kindly?
    When she slowly eats my heart?

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    You guys are starting to get into a good topic, how in general action-based or superpower fiction doesn't do great with the politics. Like Hickman wrote in some handwavey dialogue , recognizing in-universe the Quiet Council isn't fully democratic nor is it meant to be permanent. But until we actually get something that IS....

    However I still maintain Magneto is on the left, what you're saying is basically a version of the people accusing Lenin of not being on the left because he "became an important government official after the revolution". It's rather preposterous really although there may be SOMETHING there worth considering. (Magneto being in charge of Genosha or Krakoa is because he is still trying to develop and boost mutantkind and challenge humanity's oppressive stranglehold over the globe, not simply to enrich himself or glorify himself although sure there may be some of that and it ought to be investigated and critiqued).
    "So many killers... so much screaming... so many dying. I didn't know where to turn, who to help - which sentinel to stop first. And with the accusations of human judgement screaming in my ears... all I could think was that he was right. MAGNETO HAD BEEN RIGHT ALL ALONG!"

  10. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I thin Colossus actually hit Pixie on panel once. Anyway it was very convenient for Cyclops to rebel against the USA on behalf of a group he was the uncontested leader of and which was essentially comprised of traumatized children. Where do we put use of child soldiers on the political compass?
    He didn't connect, but he took a swing:



    And he did rough Cyclops up:


    This Week's Comics: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #100, The Amazing Mary Jane #3

  11. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    You guys are starting to get into a good topic, how in general action-based or superpower fiction doesn't do great with the politics. Like Hickman wrote in some handwavey dialogue , recognizing in-universe the Quiet Council isn't fully democratic nor is it meant to be permanent. But until we actually get something that IS....

    However I still maintain Magneto is on the left, what you're saying is basically a version of the people accusing Lenin of not being on the left because he "became an important government official after the revolution". It's rather preposterous really although there may be SOMETHING there worth considering. (Magneto being in charge of Genosha or Krakoa is because he is still trying to develop and boost mutantkind and challenge humanity's oppressive stranglehold over the globe, not simply to enrich himself or glorify himself although sure there may be some of that and it ought to be investigated and critiqued).
    7D52DB1B-EB8F-42A6-899F-A4AD564D74D0.jpg
    From the House of M/Black Panther story

  12. #87
    Mighty Member tuck frump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    He didn't connect, but he took a swing:

    thank u. Colossus reminds me of the fact cops have a higher probability of beating their wives and kids then the rest of the population.

    Cyclops has no love for arabs either.


    Or gay kids.

  13. #88
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post


    let me guess. It wasnt her fault and she didnt mean it.
    I fuckin screamed! Omg not Jean seeing Ororo in traditional repressive head coverings that shamed black women covering up their hair because of the perceptions around beauty. She makes sure to note that Ororo's name is meant to mean beauty, but she also sees Ororo with features commonly associated with the average black woman of full lips, a wide nose and deep brown eyes. Jean Grey has been leveling her brand of white feminists agendas against Ororo for quite some time.

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I fuckin screamed! Omg not Jean seeing Ororo in traditional repressive head coverings that shamed black women covering up their hair because of the perceptions around beauty. She makes sure to note that Ororo's name is meant to mean beauty, but she also sees Ororo with features commonly associated with the average black woman of full lips, a wide nose and deep brown eyes. Jean Grey has been leveling her brand of white feminists agendas against Ororo for quite some time.
    hell no, Jean isn't a racist
    Zethrimon unblock me

  15. #90
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    hell no, Jean isn't a racist
    So it wasn't her fault and she didn't mean it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •