Extraordinary Member

Default The REV-9 vs. MCU Iron Man

The newest Model of Terminator, the REV-9, takes on Tony Stark in his Mark 3 Iron Man Armor, as seen in the climax of the First Iron Man Movie.

Assuming he's not relying on the weak arc reactor it's not much of a fight. Assuming he's relying on the weak arc reactor ... still not seeing it as much of a fight.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I could see Stark beating it without his suit if the fight takes place in his lab.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I could see Stark beating it without his suit if the fight takes place in his lab.
    I don't see any chance of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I mean he's got some level of speed, and in his lab he has any number of ways to clap the thing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

He's been shown to use handheld repulsers without the suit, and I'd be surprised if he can't make an EMP out of an ARC reactor fairly quickly.

Extraordinary Member

He's been shown to use handheld repulsers without the suit, and I'd be surprised if he can't make an EMP out of an ARC reactor fairly quickly.
    Fair, but I doubt he can whip one up quick enough to avoid a ganking by the REV-9

I am frankly surprised enough people saw that movie to be able to debate any of this.

Fair, but I doubt he can whip one up quick enough to avoid a ganking by the REV-9
    If he gets his repulser gautlets then he could blast REV 9 to hold him back while he works.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I am frankly surprised enough people saw that movie to be able to debate any of this.
    It's a good action movie
    If he gets his repulser gautlets then he could blast REV 9 to hold him back while he works.
    1. Can he do continuous Blasts with just the Gauntlets?
    2. The REV-9 is basically a Tougher T-800 wearing a T-1000 as cover, and the two can operate independently of one another. Even assuming that Tony could hold back the Liquid Metal one with a Repulsor, that means he's need to use both hands and thus wouldn't be able to make an EMP

It's a good action movie

1. Can he do continuous Blasts with just the Gauntlets?
    2. The REV-9 is basically a Tougher T-800 wearing a T-1000 as cover, and the two can operate independently of one another. Even assuming that Tony could hold back the Liquid Metal one with a Repulsor, that means he's need to use both hands and thus wouldn't be able to make an EMP
    I'm not saying Tony beats the Rev 9 every time by far, he loses probably a lot. But let's play out the scenario. Repluser blasts have flinched Thor, that's going to hurt Rev 9 at least stagger him. Tony has to grab an Arc Reactor, which he has plenty of given that he has made tons of suits at this point, fidget with it to make an EMP , while running away, having discarded iron man parts fly at REV 9, using various chemicals he has in his lab as bombs, having DUMB-E slow down REV 9, while intermidetly firing repulsers at it
    Tony's going to beat it. Yes there are versions of this situation where REV 9 catches up and kills Tony, but I think he definitely has a decent chance.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not saying Tony beats the Rev 9 every time by far, he loses probably a lot. But let's play out the scenario. Repluser blasts have flinched Thor, that's going to hurt Rev 9 at least stagger him. Tony has to grab an Arc Reactor, which he has plenty of given that he has made tons of suits at this point, fidget with it to make an EMP , while running away, having discarded iron man parts fly at REV 9, using various chemicals he has in his lab as bombs, having DUMB-E slow down REV 9, while intermidetly firing repulsers at it
    Tony's going to beat it. Yes there are versions of this situation where REV 9 catches up and kills Tony, but I think he definitely has a decent chance.
    How fast are Repulsors? Because the REV-9 has done something other Terminators never did: Dodged **** instead of just tanking it