Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Characterization of Tim,Cassie,Conner..in current YJ compared to before

Hello,

what I wanted to ask:

How do you like the characterization of current Bart,Tim,Cassie,Conner?

I personally:

-Conner
    This Conner is for me (only based on Comics in Main-Continuity) only at place 4:
    1. Kessel for his attitude especially in Hawaii (many cool scenes like the surfboard scene) Johns (because of the fighting scenes and his powers)
    3. NEW52 Kon El
    4. Current YJ Conner
    5. Lemire Conner

I am disappointed by current Conner..He only had one memorable cool moment so far which reminded me of old Conner (Gemworld the Guardian), this was a cool scene.
    He doesnt have the coolness of the Kessel Version nor he has the alpha power of the Johns Version who fought against Superboy Prime.

-Cassie
    I also dont like her current Version. I mean why was she scared to be Wonder Girl?

We are talking about Cassie, a character who has lead the Titans against SUPERBOY-PRIME, talked many times to Ares, she was on Apokolips....
    YJ2 was AWESOME, but rest was kind of strange.

Bart:
    Bart is good, even he is sometimes a bit over the top, but he is so far the star of the series...
    He is only to young for me, since I would prefer the 4 core characters to be at the age of 19-21 and I prefered Bart as Kid Flash, because he had a more balanced personality, but ok.

General:

I think that Bart is the star of the series and also the character whose personality is more like he was before.
    I am more disappointed by Cassie and Conner, they are to much in the background and I also dont understand their personalities considering their history.

I would like to see a combination of Kessel and Johns Superboy (Kessel coolness with Johns Power-Level) and Cassie how she was during Johns Run-the powerful, fearless leader who also argued with Diana.

I hope that this will change when they are back on earth.

Astonishing Member

Cassie is the most likable she's been for a while. I can't tell if Kon has been depowered or just seems that way because he hasn't gotten enough focus.Personality wise, Kon is much better written than he was over the past few years.

Bart is himself, which is great.

I'm pretty happy with everyone's characterization so far. It's all much better than what the New52 gave us (or Rebirth as far as Tim goes).

Conner feels like a solid composite of Kessel/Johns/Weisman. I recognize the character even though this has been a slightly different approach to him.

Cassie is likable and that hasn't been something I could say for a long damn time. I still miss the awkward uber-nerd she once was but Bendis is holding steady with the "all-American girl" vibe Cass ended up having in the original YJ series.

Tim hasn't been a manic hyper genius so smart he can't function in society, like we got previously. No real complaints.

Bart is perfect.

Amethyst is okay. Teen Lantern is fine. Jinny Hex seems like she has potential and of the new members she's definitely been my favorite so far.

Really looking forward to Naomi hanging out with the group for a bit. Hoping to see the current Wonder Twins in these pages sometime soon too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

January's solicit already confirmed that the twins are showing up. Just need the kids from Dial H For Hero now for a full Wonder Comics house.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm pretty happy with everyone's characterization so far. It's all much better than what the New52 gave us (or Rebirth as far as Tim goes).

Conner feels like a solid composite of Kessel/Johns/Weisman. I recognize the character even though this has been a slightly different approach to him.

Cassie is likable and that hasn't been something I could say for a long damn time. I still miss the awkward uber-nerd she once was but Bendis is holding steady with the "all-American girl" vibe Cass ended up having in the original YJ series.

Tim hasn't been a manic hyper genius so smart he can't function in society, like we got previously. No real complaints.
    Conner doesnt feel like a composite of Kessel/Johns...
    The Kessel Version was very lighthearted and used a lot of jokes etc.

The current Conner is much in the background and hasnt used catchphrases etc. so far...Like: Dont mess with the S...etc.

He is to much in the background for me...If you read his time in Hawaii than you see that he was much more in the spotlight, used a lot of catchphrases etc.

I prefer the Cassie like she was at the end of TT...
    This Version of Cassie is more scared, but we didnt see why so far.
    In YJ1 she was scared of being WG.

I personally hoped that they will use NEW52 Superman as basis for Conner in Rebirth.

True about Cassie. Throughout Young Justice and Teen Titans before Flashpoint, she was gradually becoming more confident - both books had ended with her replacing Tim as team leader. Her unpopular New 52 stuff seems to have been overwritten by the old continuity... yet she's afraid again. I've seen some theorise that she's up the duff. A pregnancy WOULD explain her fears as she wouldn't want to endanger the kid. Whatever it is, this had better have a good explanation, otherwise it'll look like a regression.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman