Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Rebuild YJ/TT Lineup (along the 4 Core-Members) Tims Generation

Hello,
    like I already said I think that a major problem of Tims Generation was that they never got a stable team who worked longer together and build up a family.
    Now I wanted to ask who did you want to see together with Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart if you had the chance to reboot the YJ team who then formes also TT.

I would like to see the following line-up, I also added reserve members who could also work.

Bart,Cassie,Tim,Conner

with:

1. Static (Sparx from the Ravers or Lightning (Jennifer Pierce)) [Electric Powers]
    2. Blue Beetle (Jamie)
    3. Dolphin (but Prime Earth Version) [member from Atlantis]
    4. Jessica Cruz [Green Lantern]
    5. Arrowette [Archer]
    6. Traci 13 (Zachary Zatara) [Magic]
    7. Terra (Geo-Force) (Good Versions) [Earth based powers]

this is actually a kind of team who I would have liked to see during Pre-Flashpoint and also now in Rebirth.

I haven't read Jessica Cruz, so no comment there. Dolphin and Terra belong in a different generation to me, not Tim's - even if they are rebooted versions, it would drive me crazy (I could not handle Raven, Gar, and Kory on Damian's team, it was just all kinds of wrong). Traci 13 and Jaime and (temporarily) Arrowette are all good for me.

I'd like Anita Fite back, as a regular, not reserve. Not really big on reserve members in general. If you're going to have a large team, then just split the forces or don't use everyone every issue. Worked well for bronze age JLA.

I don't know Lightning, and barely know Sparx. Sparx seems okay for the team. I have only read Static in his Milestone incarnation, and with the bang babies and the newness of it all, that version cannot work in a world heroes already exist in. I know he was brought over though, so DC version might work.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-05-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Static was on the Teen Titans around 2010. A team that was led by Cassie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Static was on the Teen Titans around 2010. A team that was led by Cassie.
    Did he cross universes and leave his world behind for that? Not generally my thing, but it's certainly been done with other heroes, and occasionally done well. What I meant was that Static's backstory/origin, as developed in Milestone comics, doesn't really work for me if it happens in a universe where superpowered heroes have existed for decades (main-reality DC). Of course, it could always be reworked a bit, but it would probably have a different flavor. Then again, plenty of heroes have changed flavor over time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Did he cross universes and leave his world behind for that? Not generally my thing, but it's certainly been done with other heroes, and occasionally done well. What I meant was that Static's backstory/origin, as developed in Milestone comics, doesn't really work for me if it happens in a universe where superpowered heroes have existed for decades (main-reality DC). Of course, it could always be reworked a bit, but it would probably have a different flavor. Then again, plenty of heroes have changed flavor over time.
    If I recall correctly, the writers acted like Static had always been part of the DC universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Bart,Cassie,Tim,Conner

with:

1. Static
    2. Hawkfire
    3. Lagoon Boy
    4. Star Girl
    5. Arrowette
    6. Traci 13
    7. Cyclone
    ^^^I like your basic line up.

I’d trade out Dolphin for Lagoon Boy, as I really like him.

I’d move Star Girl and Cyclone from the JSA. A demotion?
    I don’t think it is; I think their pedigree w. the OG super team would be pretty intimidating.

Hawkfire i’d throw in just for her being obscure, and able to be written as needed.

Incredible Member

YJ and the TT should remain separate with their own legacies.

With that being said, the YJ line-up would be pretty much what they have now: Superboy, Red Robin (I dislike the new code-name), Impulse and Wonder Girl (core line-up).

The Titans (not Teen Titans) would consist of Nightwing, Troy, Tempest and Wally ("The Flash") West (core line-up). Add the others like Starfire, Raven, Cyborg and Changeling.

BOOM. I'm done...

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    YJ and the TT should remain separate with their own legacies.

With that being said, the YJ line-up would be pretty much what they have now: Superboy, Red Robin (I dislike the new code-name), Impulse and Wonder Girl (core line-up).

The Titans (not Teen Titans) would consist of Nightwing, Troy, Tempest and Wally ("The Flash") West (core line-up). Add the others like Starfire, Raven, Cyborg and Changeling.

BOOM. I'm done...
    For that Titans group, would you include Jason Todd/Robin? True, he wasn't in many, but he still joined them a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    For that Titans group, would you include Jason Todd/Robin? True, he wasn't in many, but he still joined them a couple of times.
    Not the same person, but I wouldn't. Jason is much closer to Tim's age (pre-52) and would fit better in his group than in Dick's. He's anywhere from slightly younger to 2 years older than Tim (contradicting info) and at least 6 years younger than Dick and most of the Titans.

I'd actually prefer Jason get his own group (yeah, he has the Outlaws now, so that's a plus) that is not in anyway comprised of members with prior significant relationships with Dick or Tim (Roy and Kory didn't work for me). I want his group to be his friends, without the pre-existing bonds with his siblings. From a meta-perspective, it's just too hand-me-down. And Dick's friends are worse than Tim's in that regard. Goes double for love interests.

For me, I think Wally and Dick at least need to move on from the Titans. I've said before that, unlike YJ or the JL, I think the Titans needs to be a "full-time" team of people all located in the same city. They should be a group and only very occasionally work solo. Whereas YJ and especially the JL should be solo heroes who supplement with teamwork.

I also want Steph on YJ, just thought of her.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-05-2019 at 04:11 PM.

1. Conner
    2. Tim
    3. Bart
    4. Cassie
    5. Aura
    6. Serpenteen
    7. Son of Vulcan
    8. Jakeem Thunder
    9. Aquagirl
    10. Stanley & his Monster

Not the same person, but I wouldn't. Jason is much closer to Tim's age (pre-52) and would fit better in his group than in Dick's. He's anywhere from slightly younger to 2 years older than Tim (contradicting info) and at least 6 years younger than Dick and most of the Titans.

I'd actually prefer Jason get his own group (yeah, he has the Outlaws now, so that's a plus) that is not in anyway comprised of members with prior significant relationships with Dick or Tim (Roy and Kory didn't work for me). I want his group to be his friends, without the pre-existing bonds with his siblings. From a meta-perspective, it's just too hand-me-down. And Dick's friends are worse than Tim's in that regard. Goes double for love interests.

For me, I think Wally and Dick at least need to move on from the Titans. I've said before that, unlike YJ or the JL, I think the Titans needs to be a "full-time" team of people all located in the same city. They should be a group and only very occasionally work solo. Whereas YJ and especially the JL should be solo heroes who supplement with teamwork.

I also want Steph on YJ, just thought of her.
    While Jason was closer in age to Tim and his group, he had no real interactions with them; only with the original/New Teen Titans (which was even mentioned pre-Flashpoint when Jason went to Titan's Tower).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    While Jason was closer in age to Tim and his group, he had no real interactions with them; only with the original/New Teen Titans (which was even mentioned pre-Flashpoint when Jason went to Titan's Tower).
    I agree Jason didn't have interaction with Tim's team. I just think if he was going to actually be a member, they'd be a better fit than Dick's team because they are more his peers (at the age gaps I like) and he would absolutely be by far the least experienced and youngest on Dick's team. While that's less significant with him as an adult (he's gained more experience and age gaps matter less the older they get), he already has issues with being in Dick's shadow, making it a bad structure for him, IMO.

Yes, he met Dick's team, but he didn't form any kind of significant relationship with them, IMO. He was theoretically friends with Danny, but we never saw them interact as far as I recall and he's dead and better forgotten anyway (IMO). The relationship with the older Titans was so tenuous, I just don't think it merits him being with them over Tim's team later. Though, as I said, I very much prefer he have his own group instead of being the tag-along sibling his brothers' friends have to accept. I want his friends to be his friends first.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-05-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'd also like to see some of the Titans + other characters retooled into Cyborg's supporting cast. He needs one that isn't literally who's and a rogue gallery that isn't made of lame machines.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'd also like to see some of the Titans + other characters retooled into Cyborg's supporting cast. He needs one that isn't literally who's and a rogue gallery that isn't made of lame machines.
    I'm unwilling to see the others demoted to supporting cast with Cyborg as a lead. I'm all for him getting a solo book. Sarah can be his support. Original characters, too. But do not diminish the others to prop him up. They matter to me, too. Gar, especially is likely to get that treatment as Cyborg's BFF, and I do not like the idea one bit. They were and should remain Vic's equals. Now, I don't mind him leading the Titans. But that would still be an ensemble book to me, with them all as the stars, not "Cyborg and the Titans" where he stars and they're in the chorus.

Astonishing Member

I'm unwilling to see the others demoted to supporting cast with Cyborg as a lead. I'm all for him getting a solo book. Sarah can be his support. Original characters, too. But do not diminish the others to prop him up. They matter to me, too. Gar, especially is likely to get that treatment as Cyborg's BFF, and I do not like the idea one bit. They were and should remain Vic's equals. Now, I don't mind him leading the Titans. But that would still be an ensemble book to me, with them all as the stars, not "Cyborg and the Titans" where he stars and they're in the chorus.
    Cyborg leading a version of the Titans would be great.