Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I am not trying to rile things up between Marvel vs DC. Endgame has a higher chance than Joker. I am not saying Endgame is deserving either. Endgame was awful, None the less, Marvel Studios can make the Academy pay more attention to Endgame than WB could ever do with Joker.

Wonder Woman failed to score a single nomination. Black Panther got 8 nominations. History will repeat itself, if you want to use financial rewards as an argument. This is the first time I am hearing Joker is the most profitable comic movie. Endgame beating Avatar was a bigger watershed moment.
    I'm going to regret asking but why? How is it Mavrel studios can get more attention then all of WB for their movie?

(( Crosses fingers and prays some Alex Jones conspiracy isnt where this is going))

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Philips won't get for best director, they have spaces for 5 nominees. I Don't think zazi is strong enough for best actress.
    She was hardly in the movie and didn't really do all that much in the scenes she was in. Arthur's social worker, played by Sharon Washington, showed more depth of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm going to regret asking but why? How is it Mavrel studios can get more attention then all of WB for their movie?

(( Crosses fingers and prays some Alex Jones conspiracy isnt where this is going))
    Disney owns ABC and ABC broadcasts the Oscars, so Disney uses the Oscars televised on ABC to advertise their movies. if you want to get into conspiracy territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Disney owns ABC and ABC broadcasts the Oscars, so Disney uses the Oscars televised on ABC to advertise their movies. if you want to get into conspiracy territory.
    I think the one sure way for Disney movies to lose at the Oscars is for there to be even the appearance of Disney flexing its muscles to get nominations or wins.

Are they still doing ten nominations for Best Picture? If so, Joker does have a chance at snagging that nomination.

Endgame? No way. High grossing movies with artistic merit like Lord of the Rings, Titanic, or Star Wars could get a Best Picture nomination, but there was nothing artistically innovative about Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    What does that have to do with Private members of the Academy voting? ABC doesnt pick who gets an oscar nomination

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I am not trying to rile things up between Marvel vs DC. Endgame has a higher chance than Joker. I am not saying Endgame is deserving either. Endgame was awful, None the less, Marvel Studios can make the Academy pay more attention to Endgame than WB could ever do with Joker.

Wonder Woman failed to score a single nomination. Black Panther got 8 nominations. History will repeat itself, if you want to use financial rewards as an argument. This is the first time I am hearing Joker is the most profitable comic movie. Endgame beating Avatar was a bigger watershed moment.
    Endgame was released twice for the sole purpose of beating Avatar. Oscars should find that more desperate than charming. It will be laughable if Endgame is nominated and not Joker.

Titanic was groundbreaking

Endgame is not.

Oscars only nominates groundbreaking blockbusters for best picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I think the one sure way for Disney movies to lose at the Oscars is for there to be even the appearance of Disney flexing its muscles to get nominations or wins.

Are they still doing ten nominations for Best Picture? If so, Joker does have a chance at snagging that nomination.

Endgame? No way. High grossing movies with artistic merit like Lord of the Rings, Titanic, or Star Wars could get a Best Picture nomination, but there was nothing artistically innovative about Endgame.
    Thank you.

The only way endgame stands a chance is for Disney to bring out the cash.