Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Joker now has the best chance for Oscar Best Picture nomination

Screen rant is reporting Joker is now the most profitable comic movie of all time.

https://screenrant.com/joker-most-pr...#leave-comment
    Joker Becomes Most Profitable Comic Book Movie Ever

This is a game changer going into awards season. studios are now lobbying their movies for awards. Disney is putting Lion King, Endgame and Ford vs ferrari for best picture,Ford vs ferrari is one the Fox leftovers movies from the buy out. Netflix Irishman is a shoo in, Sony has once upon a a time in Hollywood.Warner Brothers has Joker. there were some arguments that Endgame should be automatically recognised because it is the highest grossing film of all time and Avatar and Titanic were reconsigned for best picture when they held that record, but that has now changed because Joker is now the profitable comic film of all time, and the highest rated r movie. So Joker also has the money argument. Oscars love their r rated movies. Joker is that and it made money without the kids market and China. The Oscars hate comic movies so even if they nominate any this year, it will be only be one comic movie. not two.

Also joker is strong with the acting and cinematography department that will give it more Oscar Best picture boast. I think this movie is going to do it. WB now has the right comic movie instead of pushing wonder woman 2 years ago. I really hope Joker does get the nomination for best picture, best actor and best cinematography at least. I also think a Joker nomination will ease some of the unfair comic movie backlash. Although the lame Oscars should have done this with Logan 2 years ago, 11 years ago with TDK.

Best Picture contenders so far

The Irishman

Jojo Rabbit

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Parasite

Ad Astra

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

The Farewell

Ford v Ferrari

A Hidden Life
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-09-2019 at 02:22 AM.