Default 5 new twists for a "Buffy or Angel" project

It's similar to the threads in the Superman/Batman forums.

There's a new Buffy/Angel project on the horizon and it's not connected to the existing version. The medium or what the projects don't really matter. They're looking for 5 new big ideas for Buffy/ Angel and they would just keep 2. The changes could tackle any part of Buffy/Angel from their backstory, personality, powers, goals, friends/love/enemies, etc.

Any ideas?

The first moon landing. Neil Armstrong takes those famous first steps... and encounters a Hellmouth.
    Check out my new action comedy comic Supermom. Superhero Voltra is out to stop her archnemesis from taking over the world. There's just one problem: she's pregnant... and he's the father.

Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986r..._Pack.pdf/file

Number one change I would do. Change the Watchers from being old fogies with books to a hi-tech spy organization who hack cameras and everything to watch for vampires.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

1. Members of Buffy's group/friends is related to a classic monster/character ie: Buffy - Van Helsing, Spike - Dracula, Oz - The Wolfman, Giles - Dr. Frankenstein, Xander - The Mummy, Cordelia - The Invisible Man, Willow - Wendy The Good Witch

2. Dawn is Buffy's clone

3. Angel is The Master's son

4. Caleb is a cult leader that slowly gains followers

5. Buffy's dad is wealthy businessman whos involved with the black market making deals with vampires and other monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    1. Members of Buffy's group/friends is related to a classic monster/character ie: Buffy - Van Helsing, Spike - Dracula, Oz - The Wolfman, Giles - Dr. Frankenstein, Xander - The Mummy, Cordelia - The Invisible Man, Willow - Wendy The Good Witch

2. Dawn is Buffy's clone

3. Angel is The Master's son

4. Caleb is a cult leader that slowly gains followers

5. Buffy's dad is wealthy businessman whos involved with the black market making deals with vampires and other monsters.
    I'm curious about the first one, is it an actual familial relationship or is it the crew just following in their footsteps?

# 5 is a good way to tie into Wolfram and Hart. #2 offers a lot of option with who could clone Dawn but would that also give Dawn Slayer powers?

#4 feels like an extension of what we have in the show.

#3 adds a whole new dimension to the master but also adds a question as to how Angel was born. Was he ever human or was he born a vampire?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-14-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious about the first one, is it an actual familial relationship or is it the crew just following in their footsteps?
    I was thinking blood related with something bringing them together.

#2 offers a lot of option with who could clone Dawn but would that also give Dawn Slayer powers?
    Hadn't thought about that but I guess at first no but if Buffy dies then maybe the powers go to Dawn?

#4 feels like an extension of what we have in the show.
    I was thinking we see him early on just him preaching nonsense then as it goes on with more supernatural events people start believing and following him.

#3 adds a whole new dimension to the master but also adds a question as to how Angel was born. Was he ever human or was he born a vampire?
    I say human at first but then hit Vampire Puberty or maybe some event triggered his Vampire side to come out.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 11-16-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Mighty Member

The big one that I felt like the show always missed out on: a Slayer vampire. Have Buffy actually have to fight one of her predecessors turned into a blood sucker. She knows all the tricks, all the strategies. Perhaps turned by some ancient powerful vampire expressly for the purpose of hunting other Slayers that would come after her. It would be both a different kind of enemy for Buffy, and an acknowledgment that the demons and monsters know about the Slayer and aren't just going to take it laying down. It always bothered me that we never really see the demons escalate the battle in any meaningful way despite knowing full well that an anti-vampire super weapon is walking around somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonm View Post
    The first moon landing. Neil Armstrong takes those famous first steps... and encounters a Hellmouth.
    So would the world find out about the supernatural?

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Number one change I would do. Change the Watchers from being old fogies with books to a hi-tech spy organization who hack cameras and everything to watch for vampires.
    It could be a way to explore techno-paganism. They could be a split faction of Watchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I was thinking blood related with something bringing them together.

Hand't thought about that but I guess at first no but if Buffy dies then maybe the powers go to Dawn?

I was thinking we see him early on just him preaching nonsense then as it goes on with more supernatural events people start believing and following him.

I say human at first but then hit Vampire Puberty or maybe some event triggered his Vampire side to come out.
    So each of them would be descendants? I like it for some but not all of them.

I guess you could say slayers can be cloned but the slayer essence can't be passed on that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The big one that I felt like the show always missed out on: a Slayer vampire. Have Buffy actually have to fight one of her predecessors turned into a blood sucker. She knows all the tricks, all the strategies. Perhaps turned by some ancient powerful vampire expressly for the purpose of hunting other Slayers that would come after her. It would be both a different kind of enemy for Buffy, and an acknowledgment that the demons and monsters know about the Slayer and aren't just going to take it laying down. It always bothered me that we never really see the demons escalate the battle in any meaningful way despite knowing full well that an anti-vampire super weapon is walking around somewhere.
    I think it would have been interesting if Buffy's predecessor was turned into a vampire.

Ex Military Vampire Squad.

So a whole unit of Special Forces dudes who dont just brawl in the streets but are mercs for hire.