Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

All that is just supposed to take place in 1 movie? Geez, was it supposed to be 5 hours long or something?

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    All that is just supposed to take place in 1 movie? Geez, was it supposed to be 5 hours long or something?
    I skimmed through some of those posts, but not all. Most of what was on that thread was speculative with only some items actually rumored and/or confirmed from cast/crew.

And, no, not all of it was supposed to take place in one movie. It certainly appears to me that those items listed were probably over the entire 5 film arc Snyder had planned because Batman wasn't supposed to sacrifice himself until Justice League Part Two or after.

And as it's been posted on this thread, Justice League's (Snyder's preferred version) apparent runtime was originally 214 mins.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Alright, I wouldn't revive this thread from page 2 if not noteworthy to do so. Some things to show and discuss below.

214 minutes has been confirmed by Zack Snyder himself to be the runtime without credits. So, with credits we're looking at probably 222~ minutes total (3.7 hours). Keep in mind, Zack may have decided to make it that long whenever Warner Bros decided to shorten his leash from two movies to one, so it's very possible he wanted to cram as much in as possible. I don't know, and I don't think anyone but him and maybe some of the other writers/producers know the truth on that one, just speculation on my part.
    For comparison, Endgame was 181 mins, or just over 3 hours.

Some events for those interested over the last couple weeks for the movement include:

1. Another Twitter event tagging Warner Bros, HBO Max, and AT&T and including "214" in the tweets. This was to bring attention to the runtime confirmed by Zack.
    2. Fans within the "#ReleaseTheSnyderCut" movement paid for a banner to fly over Warner Bros. HQ asking "Ann Sarnoff - Please Release the Snyder Cut." Ann Sarnoff is the President of WB now.

As of late, Snyder has been busy with post production on Army of the Dead for Netflix, but he's been finding more time to provide more unseen pictures from his cut. Below was not done by me, but he released pictures over the course of a few days, all with captions that are related to the story of Percival and the Holy Grail. For the record before anyone wants to smear him, Zack has a history and background in art history and mythology, so the references are very much something to expect from him.

SnyderCut-Percival.jpg

(For larger pictures that you can actually see and read, please consider going to the following thread in the DC Comics sub: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...lers)/page439)

So, needless to say fans who have been asking for this cut are starting to obtain quite a bit of hope in all of this. Something else to consider is that this might be a stealth marketing campaign by Snyder and possibly Warner Bros, not for nefarious reasons, but possible legal ones as we simply don't know the details or the legal wranglings that might be going on right now.

One last thing, Zack designed another shirt/hoodie and he's using the official Justice League logo with "Zack Snyder's" above it. As before, all proceeds go to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, something the Snyder Cut movement has been very supportive of due to the circumstances behind this movie. Check it out if you want:

https://inktothepeople.com/zack-snyder-jl
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 12-25-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Don't care about the cut itself, but I do want to comment all of the Snyder Cut fans who have raised an incredible amount of money because of this! It's hard to not want you guys to get this after seeing that.

Something else to consider is that this might be a stealth marketing campaign by Snyder and possibly Warner Bros, not for nefarious reasons
    It actually could be a brilliant underground marketing scheme to generate interest--rather than if they just released it.

Mighty Member

"But Superman is supposed to embody hope, and that is not in Snyder's wheelhouse."

....You don't say. 9_9

Mighty Member

"All this talk of Zach Snyder's 'visions' is equal parts sad and corny at the same time."

"Let it stay dead is my vote."

One of the reasons why not many people are not fond of drive-by posters.

As for me and plenty of others...revive it!

"Not sure I find that at all reassuring as an argument for Snyder."

Maybe you don't personally, but it's a good enough argument all the same for him and any of his films.
    Last edited by Frostbite883; 12-26-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

WB needs millions of people interested in a new release, not a few dozen thousand vocal fanboys.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    FINALLY! Some long overdue justice for the Justice League

Seriously wondering if the Snyder Cut can ever live up to the cult-like hype the faithful have given it in their crusade to convince WB to make it happne?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Seriously wondering if the Snyder Cut can ever live up to the cult-like hype the faithful have given it in their crusade to convince WB to make it happne?
    What hype? The point of the movement was to help a creator get his work released since it was put on hold due to his family tragedy. It’s a matter of principle, the movie could be paint drying, doesn’t change anything

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I still believe what I may have posted 2-3 years ago. WB somehow lost his cut of the film in the library they have. They couldn't find it and just would hand waive it away and ignore it. They couldn't come out and say the film footage was lost because fans would have really ripped the company.

Enter this virus and nothing happening film wise. People are combing through the library for what will be put on the new HBO Max streaming service. Someone weeks ago find the cut. Its there and they likely tell others they found the 3-4 hour cut of Snyders full. So the wheels get set in motion quick to see if Snyder will come back with money thrown to fix it and get it ready for 2021.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I still believe what I may have posted 2-3 years ago. WB somehow lost his cut of the film in the library they have. They couldn't find it and just would hand waive it away and ignore it. They couldn't come out and say the film footage was lost because fans would have really ripped the company.

Enter this virus and nothing happening film wise. People are combing through the library for what will be put on the new HBO Max streaming service. Someone weeks ago find the cut. Its there and they likely tell others they found the 3-4 hour cut of Snyders full. So the wheels get set in motion quick to see if Snyder will come back with money thrown to fix it and get it ready for 2021.
    it's a nice theory but snyder and wb were planning this since february. snyder has multiple rough cuts in his possession. the era of film where studios can simply "lose" cuts of a movie is long, loooooong in the past.