Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    111

    Default

    if wb decided to release it, it shoulg be retitled to moneygrab the movie or 'it's still stinking crap'.


  2. #32
    Incredible Member Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    777

    Default

    If they release the movie in cinema, I think people will show up.

  3. #33
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    If they release the movie in cinema, I think people will show up.
    People? That's vague. Sure people will show up but enough to cover expenses to distribute the movie and finish any CGI? Way less certain and a risky endeavor for a company that has now had a few hits in a row from they're Comic films. And probaly wants to put that behind them. Seems like a itunes release of a unfinished movie with maybe some ZACH Snyder and cast commentary is the best they can hope for. And I know atleast a couple passionate people on here who really want it so I hope they get it. But I dont see WB putting more money Into Justice league after it supposedly already lost money.

  4. #34
    Incredible Member Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    People? That's vague. Sure people will show up but enough to cover expenses to distribute the movie and finish any CGI? Way less certain and a risky endeavor for a company that has now had a few hits in a row from they're Comic films. And probaly wants to put that behind them. Seems like a itunes release of a unfinished movie with maybe some ZACH Snyder and cast commentary is the best they can hope for. And I know atleast a couple passionate people on here who really want it so I hope they get it. But I dont see WB putting more money Into Justice league after it supposedly already lost money.
    Because the movie has taken a life of its own. its quite infamous now. If it ever gets released, many will show up out of curiosity.

  5. #35
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Because the movie has taken a life of its own. its quite infamous now. If it ever gets released, many will show up out of curiosity.
    Many? Again very Vague, but its gonna take alot to distribute and finish the cgi. Digital release doesnt cost them much and they still get to Service the fans with no risk.

  6. #36
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Because the movie has taken a life of its own. its quite infamous now. If it ever gets released, many will show up out of curiosity.
    It's taken on a life of it's own for a small niche of the fan base who even know of it's existance purely as a matter of curiosity.

    That's likely more something you want to distribute digitally than in the threaters. I'm sure there are bigger projects the WB would be willing to put in that slot.

  7. #37
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Including Momoa? Cause the link I posted the interviewer brought that up (unfinished/incomplete FX)and Momoa said it was finished FX and all before dropping it.
    Except in the Snyder Cut Cyborg's origin was a big part and we've seen some of those scenes and they're not finished with green screens in the background. Mamoa is a good guy and loyal to Zack but I don't believe there is a complete with effects Snyder Cut just a Rough Cut.

    Also I see people comparing this to the Donner Cut of Superman 2 which is apples and oranges because very little effects needed to be done it was mostly editing out Lester's scenes and adding the originally cut Donner scenes including test footage since that was all they had.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Except in the Snyder Cut Cyborg's origin was a big part and we've seen some of those scenes and they're not finished with green screens in the background.
    ...he could have finished them later?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Mamoa is a good guy and loyal to Zack but I don't believe there is a complete with effects Snyder Cut just a Rough Cut.
    And I'm on the side of "I don't know (hence why I keep saying IF it exists), but if someone would know it would be him".

    I have no dog in this fight; I'm one of the few who liked Whedon's take, mostly. I don't know Momoa, maybe he's exaggerating maybe he's legit, but if anyone would know it would be him. I'm not prepared to say he's lying just cause I feel some sort of way about Snyder. I don't like the man (well most of Snyder's work) but I don't think that's fair. Not saying that's what you're doing, just the overall vibe I'm getting from the thread.

    The whole thing is moot cause if it exists it'll only be released via someone leaking it.

  9. #39
    Fantastic Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    330

    Default

    From everything I've seen, Snyder's Cut(s) is further along than most of us think. An example would be that if we had to put a percentage on it, I think the safe bet is that the movie is North of 80-90% complete. Again, all speculation unless you're Jason Momoa or some other vocal production team members who insist the movie is so much closer than what we believe.
    If I have some time to compile sources, posts, etc. I will.

    And again, his version is apparently much different than the final product. It's more than just swapping in a few scenes. We're talking about character back stories being restored (Cyborg, for example), the official soundtrack, different ending(s), additional characters (Martian Manhunter, for example), etc. And a run time that possible exceeds 3-3.5 hours vs. the 119 minute version that was released. Most importantly, no CGI-Cavill-stache nonsense.

    Edit: I also don't think this would be a theatrical release, but if it were, it'd be limited. This is something that I think would best stand as a straight to Blu-ray release and/or something exclusive to HBO Max (this is the most popular option I've been seeing). Something that would be really cool but has less than 1% chance of happening would be to have it as a semi-documentary (or a documentary attached as a special feature) to discuss some of the things that occurred behind the scenes.

    Edit 2: And this isn't a movement that is only ran by a handful of people. There are tens of thousands, arguably hundreds of thousands that at some point have asked to see the Snyder Cut. While that's not a massive number in the bigger scheme of things, it's actually considerable when talking about a movie. There was a petition circling around a while back and it looks like it's closed now but it mustered over 179,000 signatures: https://www.change.org/p/warner-bros...8-375c7717dafa
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 11-11-2019 at 04:22 PM.

  10. #40
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    From everything I've seen, Snyder's Cut(s) is further along than most of us think. An example would be that if we had to put a percentage on it, I think the safe bet is that the movie is North of 80-90% complete. Again, all speculation unless you're Jason Momoa or some other vocal production team members who insist the movie is so much closer than what we believe.
    If I have some time to compile sources, posts, etc. I will.

    And again, his version is apparently much different than the final product. It's more than just swapping in a few scenes. We're talking about character back stories being restored (Cyborg, for example), the official soundtrack, different ending(s), additional characters (Martian Manhunter, for example), etc. And a run time that possible exceeds 3-3.5 hours vs. the 119 minute version that was released. Most importantly, no CGI-Cavill-stache nonsense.

    Edit: I also don't think this would be a theatrical release, but if it were, it'd be limited. This is something that I think would best stand as a straight to Blu-ray release and/or something exclusive to HBO Max (this is the most popular option I've been seeing). Something that would be really cool but has less than 1% chance of happening would be to have it as a semi-documentary (or a documentary attached as a special feature) to discuss some of the things that occurred behind the scenes.

    Edit 2: And this isn't a movement that is only ran by a handful of people. There are tens of thousands, arguably hundreds of thousands that at some point have asked to see the Snyder Cut. While that's not a massive number in the bigger scheme of things, it's actually considerable when talking about a movie. There was a petition circling around a while back and it looks like it's closed now but it mustered over 179,000 signatures: https://www.change.org/p/warner-bros...8-375c7717dafa
    Thats not even enough to get 2 things raised in the UK Houses of parliment. Some states have more people then that

  11. #41
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    if wb decided to release it, it shoulg be retitled to moneygrab the movie or 'it's still stinking crap'.
    If it were a moneygrab, they would release it.

    That said, the fan base that want to see this is passionate enough, they should actually try putting a GoFundMe to finish the movie. (It worked for Veronica Mars and other projects!)

  12. #42
    Incredible Member Thomas Crown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    they should actually try putting a GoFundMe to finish the movie.
    The movie is practically finished. I'm pretty sure that WB can foot the bill for any additional "tweaks" needed. Money was never the issue.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

    - Grant Morrison

  13. #43
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    The movie is practically finished. I'm pretty sure that WB can foot the bill for any additional "tweaks" needed. Money was never the issue.
    But why would they spend more money on a dead project that could be used for something new that might earn a profit.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  14. #44
    Fantastic Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Ray Fisher (Cyborg) has now joined the fray on Twitter by providing an original Snyder scene snapshot:

    https://twitter.com/rehsifyar/status...63289692807168

    EJRL7drWkAE4J8j.jpg

    Also, this entire week is dedicated to the hashtag #releasethesnydercut on Twitter and other social media so please get out there and support it if you want.
    So far every day there's been a new picture released from a removed scene.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 11-13-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •