Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    She's not saying she wants the cut. She's basically putting the ball in Snyder's hands, saying that if he has the time and resources to put together a cut he's happy with, then they'd put it out. Nelson is saying that Warners isn't putting any more of their time and money into it.

Snyder wants Warners to be pressured into investing more money into finishing his version. It's not going to happen.

While I agree it would be cool to see Snyder's version, and I get the interest in it, there's just no incentive for Warners to pour more money into it.
    This is about how it felt to me.

That seemed like a polite version of "I'm Not Going To Throw Mud On Someone's Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Long story short, it's controversial because Zack Snyder and his vision for the DCEU were controversial. Period.
    [/url]
    Interesting point raised. if man of Steel was to be released now,it would still be controversial,I also think the controversy would have less impact. a lot of things have changed in the past years especially for comic movies. I think the now massive backlash against comic films and what Logan, Deadpool, Joker and Spiderverse or even Venom have done is raged against and win the war of a one track comic movie film making system that was almost shoved on us. man of Steel and batman v superman would have had more chance to be heard if they were released now.

What I find baffling was how toxic they made out Snyder, yeah he had flaws but his vision was given an unfair death sentence by the media. that won't happen now in 2019 because the public and geek fans are now very aware of what is going on.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-19-2019 at 07:20 AM.

All this talk of Zach Snyder's 'visions' is equal parts sad and corny at the same time. He's had more than a few 'visions' realized, it was called Suckerpunch and like BvS- it SUCKED.
    This is an unfortunate side effect of the proliferation of the live action cape era we've been in for the past 20 years. Kinda surprising it took this long in the pipe for anything like this to gain traction.

Fear of Missing Out is real and more often than not it's the feat of missing something that wasn't even gonna be entertaining to begin with. I even enjoyed MOS, it's a great re-watch, everything else after fell straight off a cliff and exploded and you know what. Patty Jenkins WW and Mamoa's Broana happened and they were great, even got a Shazam as a bonus. Anybody ever heard of a book called Pet Cemetery (it became a movie btw) or any zombie movie ever. Let it stay dead is my vote.

Who mentioned releasing a mustache cut, shoutout to you.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    A lot of people need to remember the origins of the movie and why there is a cut in the first place. Batman v Superman Dawn of justice sent a shockwave spew of backlash. DC buckled under pressure and hired Whedon to Avengerised Justice League, make it more fun and goofy like Avengers to avoid another backlash. what we got was a mixed bag of wtf is going on with this movie when we saw it in cinema.

Perhaps the success of Joker as well at the total collapse of the media critics establishment that has tried to bully DC for so long to be like Marvel, The actors, crew members and DC fans has become more confident with Snyder's original vision which was to be a direct fellow up to dawn of justice.
    I think the success of Joker will just teach them that darker movies will do well if they are actually good. BvS was not deemed good by people.

"Media critics establishment against DC" isn't really a thing any more, if it ever really was. The good movies get reviewed well, the bad ones don't. Joker definitely goes against the grain of what we expect from a CBM, but I wouldn't say Shazam, WW and Aquaman fit the Marvel mold completely either and they were all received well. MOS and BVS might not do much better now, because they are flawed and they especially do not deliver what people want for Superman. And it's not like audiences wouldn't accept some changes or shake ups for Superman, they just want a good movie to go along with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    She's not saying she wants the cut. She's basically putting the ball in Snyder's hands, saying that if he has the time and resources to put together a cut he's happy with, then they'd put it out. Nelson is saying that Warners isn't putting any more of their time and money into it.

Snyder wants Warners to be pressured into investing more money into finishing his version. It's not going to happen.

While I agree it would be cool to see Snyder's version, and I get the interest in it, there's just no incentive for Warners to pour more money into it.
    I took her posting the hashtag on her public social media account to mean she wants the cut, or least has some interest in seeing Snyder’s vision realized. But perhaps it would be more accurate in saying she more wants Snyder to be satisfied as a filmmaker and she’s open to him releasing another version of the film that more aligns with his vision, than actually wanting to see the cut herself.

Regardless, I do feel this is a turning point, and who knows what the future holds? And I saw this as someone who isn’t overly interested in this cut. Who’d thought Affleck and Gadot would ever throw their hat in the ring for fan support of this cut? Those are huge endorsements, and even celebrities like Dave Baustista who have nothing to do with the movie are publicly posted their support of the cut.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-19-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I am still waiting for Snyder to make a decent film. I doubt a potential “Snyder Cut” of this garbage heap will be it. To each their own though. C’est la vie.

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Obviously, no major updates to announce from TPTB. One trade wrote 1-2 weeks ago that an industry "insider" said there was no chance of Zack's cut being released. But, it's still being refuted by people who worked on the movie. In addition, Chris Terrio had a short remark regarding the movie that he advised he couldn't speak about until after the release of The Rise of Skywalker. Could be a Disney mandate or perhaps NDA expiring? For the record, Terrio was the original writer on BvS and Justice League.

The thing is, I can’t really speak to that at this moment," Terrio revealed. "But I promise that I will talk to you about that very thing at some point after [the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker]."
    When the interviewer mentioned that they have "a lot to talk about" in the future, Terrio responded, "Yes, we do. We seriously do."

From: https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/12/03/...-chris-terrio/
    For the record, to anyone still insisting a "Snyder Cut" doesn't exist and/or doesn't have it's run time locked (once final time is locked, the movie is basically done), I present you the following from Snyder himself:

ZS-JL-214.jpg

The film canisters read as follows

Z.S.
    JL
    Director's Cut
    Running Time 214

Lastly, here's a link to a Twitter and Reddit discussion from Fabian Wagner who was the original cinematographer for Justice League: https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...ut_snyder_cut/

He says there were about 55 days of re-shoots and possibly only 10% of what he originally shot ended up in the theatrical release, which he clarifies he wasn't a fan of.

I wish he'd just leak the damn thing already. I'm beyond tired of hearing about this Cut and how it's so much better than the movie that was released. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But WB has shown no interest in releasing it, and short of leaking it it will never be seen.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wish he'd just leak the damn thing already. I'm beyond tired of hearing about this Cut and how it's so much better than the movie that was released. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But WB has shown no interest in releasing it, and short of leaking it it will never be seen.
    Leaking it would be career suicide for him and he'd lose most of his money, if not all of it, in legal affairs via the fallout from doing such a thing.
    Warner Bros technically owns the property, although I think he may have certain "rights" with his directors cut.

And it probably won't be hard to be even slightly better/more interesting/engaging, etc. than the theatrical release for some (most?) people. Regardless, most of the supporters of the movement don't really care if it's "better" (which we all know is subjective based upon the viewer's tastes). It's about seeing what was originally visioned properly finished out of respect to Zack and the cast and crew who support him and his original take on Justice League before WB executives started pushing mandates and brought Joss Whedon on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    A lot of people need to remember the origins of the movie and why there is a cut in the first place. Batman v Superman Dawn of justice sent a shockwave spew of backlash. DC buckled under pressure and hired Whedon to Avengerised Justice League, make it more fun and goofy like Avengers to avoid another backlash. what we got was a mixed bag of wtf is going on with this movie when we saw it in cinema.

Perhaps the success of Joker as well at the total collapse of the media critics establishment that has tried to bully DC for so long to be like Marvel, The actors, crew members and DC fans has become more confident with Snyder's original vision which was to be a direct fellow up to dawn of justice.
    Wrong. They hired Wheadon because Snyder was not able to finish the movie, because his daughter killed herself. Whedon was starting to work for Warner during that time, so they got him to finish the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Can't see what Warner has to lose at this point. But they should release it before WW 84 which I hear is going to be a flashpoint reboot of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Wrong. They hired Wheadon because Snyder was not able to finish the movie, because his daughter killed herself. Whedon was starting to work for Warner during that time, so they got him to finish the movie.
    WRONG! Snyder completed principal photography and the post-production was in an advanced stage when he left. Whedon was hired to CHANGE the movie, not finish it. And I highly doubt that the death of his daughter was the ONLY reason why Snyder stepped down. If you want to keep believing the PR propaganda, be my guest, but it doesn't change what really happened.
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 12-05-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Leaking it would be career suicide for him and he'd lose most of his money, if not all of it, in legal affairs via the fallout from doing such a thing.
    Warner Bros technically owns the property, although I think he may have certain "rights" with his directors cut.

And it probably won't be hard to be even slightly better/more interesting/engaging, etc. than the theatrical release for some (most?) people. Regardless, most of the supporters of the movement don't really care if it's "better" (which we all know is subjective based upon the viewer's tastes). It's about seeing what was originally visioned properly finished out of respect to Zack and the cast and crew who support him and his original take on Justice League before WB executives started pushing mandates and brought Joss Whedon on.
    But we wouldn't even see the whole vision. Wasn't this supposed to be part 1 of a 2-part story? I wouldn't want to pay money to see half of a story that will never be completed.

And about that narrative from bloggers and "insiders" insisting that Zack has just an "assembly cut", not a fully edited movie...well...

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...49210954244096
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison