Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Does he not have anything else to work on? Any other projects? Christ, I am beyond sick of hearing about his supposed cut of the movie and every other day him sharing some sorta sketch or detail or idea they spitballed during pre production to try and stay relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Interesting point raised. if man of Steel was to be released now,it would still be controversial,I also think the controversy would have less impact. a lot of things have changed in the past years especially for comic movies. I think the now massive backlash against comic films and what Logan, Deadpool, Joker and Spiderverse or even Venom have done is raged against and win the war of a one track comic movie film making system that was almost shoved on us. man of Steel and batman v superman would have had more chance to be heard if they were released now.

What I find baffling was how toxic they made out Snyder, yeah he had flaws but his vision was given an unfair death sentence by the media. that won't happen now in 2019 because the public and geek fans are now very aware of what is going on.

The release of Logan, Deadpool, Joker, Spiderverse would not make BvS suck ANY less.

Venom was hot garbage. Did it make money, sure. Still a hot garbage movie. Those far superior movies coming out does not add any layer of nuance or whatever else to suddenly make Snyder's movies any better.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 12-05-2019 at 12:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    WRONG! Snyder completed principal photography and the post-production was in an advanced stage when he left. Whedon was hired to CHANGE the movie, not finish it. And I highly doubt that the death of his daughter was the ONLY reason why Snyder stepped down. If you want to keep believing the PR propaganda, be my guest, but it doesn't change what really happened.
    Sure, as if someone does Need any more reason not finishing the movie after his daughter killed herself. And if you want to Keep believing the rumours circulating on the Internet be my guest. That has not really much to do with "what really happened"

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Does he not have anything else to work on? Any other projects? Christ, I am beyond sick of hearing about his supposed cut of the movie and every other day him sharing some sorta sketch or detail or idea they spitballed during pre production to try and stay relevant

The release of Logan, Deadpool, Joker, Spiderverse would not make BvS suck ANY less.

BvS is not as garbage as you are making it out to be. what movies are you thinking off that makes me hot garbage? it had flaws but it did not deserve to be an outcast.
    Venom was hot garbage. Did it make money, sure. Still a hot garbage movie. Those far superior movies coming out does not add any layer of nuance or whatever else to suddenly make Snyder's movies any better
    Again hot garbage compared to what? WB does not have to scared anymore, let them release the Snydercut.the establishment does not have anymore power to decide what they think is better or not.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 12-06-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    WB does not have to scared anymore, let them release the Snydercut.the establishment does not have anymore power to decide what they think is better or not.
    I don't think it's so much that the WB are scared or something of releasing it, what would they be scared of anyway.

It's more that they don't think it's worth it.

They were disappointed by the box office results for Snyder's movies and have found great commerical and critical success without him in Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam! and Joker. They just don't really need Snyder or his cut of a two year old movie anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I don't think it's so much that the WB are scared or something of releasing it, what would they be scared of anyway.

It's more that they don't think it's worth it.

They were disappointed by the box office results for Snyder's movies and have found great commerical and critical success without him in Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam! and Joker. They just don't really need Snyder or his cut of a two year old movie anymore.
    Never mind that it is part of a "Shared" universe that they are probably putting in the rear view.

Agreed on that "Fear..." isn't the issue so much as there not being a really solid reason for sinking money into a putting something back into theaters(or on dvd/bluray) that is essentially a relic.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But we wouldn't even see the whole vision. Wasn't this supposed to be part 1 of a 2-part story? I wouldn't want to pay money to see half of a story that will never be completed.
    His 5 film vision was indeed cut short by Warner Bros after the reception of BvS. Zack and other writers noted they were told to make adjustments on Justice League and instead of the planned Justice League 1 and 2 before finishing out with his fifth and final film, they advised him to close up the end of Justice League, apparently. He did so and was still able to craft a movie to his style and with all of his stories in tow that is still vastly different from the theatrical release.

In summary, we'd get the original vision completed with his Justice League and its ending (a completely different score, character arcs, etc.), but the rest of the films were never in the cards.

Venom was hot garbage. Did it make money, sure. Still a hot garbage movie. Those far superior movies coming out does not add any layer of nuance or whatever else to suddenly make Snyder's movies any better.
    He's working on Army of the Dead for Netflix, so he's been busy.
    By far, most of the things he's shared weren't just pre-production items. Most of what he shares are storyboards that he shot for the film, or pictures from scenes he shot, BTS, etc. Big differences from pre-production "ideas."

Ray Fisher (Cyborg) said that Snyder shot enough scenes of Cyborg alone to almost fill a Cyborg movie itself.

Also, the Snyder Cut Movement was able to publicly get Subway to donate 15,000 sandwiches to the homeless ad families in need for the Holidays if they Retweeted Subway 5,000 times in less than five hours. This is wholesome stuff that is doing good for the community while also getting exposure to this cut that hundreds of thousands of people around the world have expressed interest in seeing:

https://twitter.com/SUBWAY/status/1203038825435537409

Incredible Member

I think most people are interested in seeing the Snyder cut, just to see the difference but let's be honest Zack Snyder isn't that good at writing screenplays. Man of Steel was okay but the screenplay was off, otherwise it would have been an amazing film. Watchmen screenplay was off in its original release. While the director's cut was better imo it's a sign of his shortcomings as a director that in order to make a good film he has to have a separate cut. BvS was not good in theaters but was really good in the ultimate cut. From his past work, its probably safe to say Justice League probably would've had the same problems as his prior work and that's the screenplay. I will say though as far as directing action scenes goes, I do not think there is a better director out there, his fight scenes are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I think most people are interested in seeing the Snyder cut, just to see the difference but let's be honest Zack Snyder isn't that good at writing screenplays. Man of Steel was okay but the screenplay was off, otherwise it would have been an amazing film. Watchmen screenplay was off in its original release. While the director's cut was better imo it's a sign of his shortcomings as a director that in order to make a good film he has to have a separate cut. BvS was not good in theaters but was really good in the ultimate cut. From his past work, its probably safe to say Justice League probably would've had the same problems as his prior work and that's the screenplay. I will say though as far as directing action scenes goes, I do not think there is a better director out there, his fight scenes are beautiful.
    Your post summarizes what most people think of Snyder: Great at visuals and action, poor at story and execution.

Most people just can't say it as nicely and reasonably as you did without flying off the emotional handles.

I have to say, however, that all of his director's cuts are known to be superior than the theatrical cuts. And that's because they are usually anywhere from 30-60 mins. longer and provide more room for his stories to breathe. That is obviously partly his issue, but also calls into question the studio's mandates on run times and what they're looking for that he seems to always need a director's cut to tell a better story. To note, he didn't have one for Man of Steel.

Edit:
    The issue(s) with Justice League, however, is that this isn't a simple matter of Zack having an extended director's cut.
    The theatrical release of Justice League is by every measure fundamentally different than what Zack planned and filmed. The rumors that have circled from cast and crew is that only about 25-40% of the theatrical release was original footage from Zack's filming. Joss Whedon was rumored to have shot up to 80 mins. via re-writes and re-shoots. Additionally, that release clocked at 119 minutes. Zack's is apparently 214 mins and contains many additional story elements, character development, etc.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 12-07-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Your post summarizes what most people think of Snyder: Great at visuals and action, poor at story and execution.

Most people just can't say it as nicely and reasonably as you did without flying off the emotional handles.
    I think the same could be said about George Lucas in regards to the Star Wars prequels. Thing is, based on BvS, Snyder's flaws are a lot worse then Lucas's. I first saw it as the extended version after learning about the controversy over JL. At the time, I was somewhat sympathetic to Snyder, for lack of a better word. After seeing the "better" version BvS, I have to say that I think hiring Snyder was one of the DECU's first mistakes (the other was getting greedy and trying to do Avengers-level stuff without putting the work to build up to it, but I have no idea how much of Snyder's input that was).

I have to say, however, that all of his director's cuts are known to be superior than the theatrical cuts. And that's because they are usually anywhere from 30-60 mins. longer and provide more room for his stories to breathe. That is obviously partly his issue, but also calls into question the studio's mandates on run times and what they're looking for that he seems to always need a director's cut to tell a better story. To note, he didn't have one for Man of Steel.
    Not sure I find that at all reassuring as an argument for Snyder.

Edit:
    The issue(s) with Justice League, however, is that this isn't a simple matter of Zack having an extended director's cut.
    The theatrical release of Justice League is by every measure fundamentally different than what Zack planned and filmed. The rumors that have circled from cast and crew is that only about 25-40% of the theatrical release was original footage from Zack's filming. Joss Whedon was rumored to have shot up to 80 mins. via re-writes and re-shoots. Additionally, that release clocked at 119 minutes. Zack's is apparently 214 mins and contains many additional story elements, character development, etc.
    Wonder how much people would actually like the cut if it got released?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

You know you can just ignore him right? No one's forcing you to read about the cut. For all their talk of wanting to move on, the people who hate Snyder seem just as obsessed with him as his fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You know you can just ignore him right? No one's forcing you to read about the cut. For all their talk of wanting to move on, the people who hate Snyder seem just as obsessed with him as his fans.
    I wonder if both "sides" want vindication?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

the ego on that guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the ego on that guy...
    Assuming you’re talking about Zack Snyder, believe what you want but he’s actually been fairly professional throughout this ordeal. His casts and crew have been extremely loyal to him and have thrown their support behind his version of Justice League.

He just wants his original vision fulfilled and I assume that’s in large part because there is significant demand for it.
    Early on after JL was released, people were reaching out to him on social media with questions about the movie and he wasn’t aware of what they were talking about. One example is the infamous “Russian family” that was added in Whedon’s re-shoots. A fan asked him about them and his response (I’m going off of memory) was something like “what Russian family?”.
    Add: so it’s clear there’s some major pieces missing and none of us know the whole story. I believe it’s not black and white, but a mixture of what “both ends” of this debate believe, but with the evidence presented, it definitely leans in favor of the pro-Snyder/Snyder Cut movement.

So, denigrate him all you (talking in general here, not just to the quoted post) want. Call him names, call his supporters names, make insinuations about his character, etc. but everything that I’ve followed about the Snyder Cut flies in the face of comments like this.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 12-12-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Assuming you’re talking about Zack Snyder, believe what you want but he’s actually been fairly professional throughout this ordeal.
    if that were true, i wouldn't know about this. think about it from the perspective of the people that actually worked on the final version of Justice League. it'd be like Edgar Wright ripping on Ant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if that were true, i wouldn't know about this. think about it from the perspective of the people that actually worked on the final version of Justice League. it'd be like Edgar Wright ripping on Ant-Man.
    And that’s fine because typically we don’t know these things. I only know of them because I intensely followed the post-JL fall out from day one. I’ve seen conversations, read interviews, etc. that have led me to being fairly aware of a lot regarding Snyder, Warner Bros, Whedon, and Justice League.

Respectfully, I’d suggest to anyone to not jump to conclusions or insinuations regarding this if you haven’t followed it closely. That really goes for anything in life, though.