Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Maybe the best thing to do would be to almost release it more as a documentary with commentary going on throughout the movie. That way people think of it less as a real movie, and more as just sort of a novelty.
    Yea depends how much of a movie they have. Sounds like it's more of a complete movie then we think. So who knows, I have no desire to see it but if it's out there why not just give it to the fans who want it.

Honestly how many people really want this? Just because a handful of people are basically trolling Warner Bros. and people associated with them doesn't mean there is a huge demand for this movie.
    How would the Snyder Cut be released anyway? A DVD? A YouTube video might get tangled up in copyright and royalties problems. It could well be that WB doesn't think worth the money it would
    take for WB to put this movie out as compared to the money they would get back. Better to put the money into something like Joker or use the money to hire a few more actors for The Batman.

Extraordinary Member

If they release what they got on bluray I can't see how it's be a loss. Maybe a online made to order thing.

It just wasn't that good a movie. The DC might be a little better, but you still have a main villain who looks like he stepped out of an average video game.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Didn't Momoa say a few days ago that HE saw Snyder's cut?

Not sure how if it doen't exist...if it does though, maybe the only thing standing in the way is WB themselves. If they want to slowly divorce themselves from the Snyder-verse releasing a very Snyder-esque cut of Justice League is counter to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Not sure how if it doen't exist...if it does though, maybe the only thing standing in the way is WB themselves. If they want to slowly divorce themselves from the Snyder-verse releasing a very Snyder-esque cut of Justice League is counter to that.
    Momoa loves the man, he could have seen something or could just be backing him up. Or could have seen the version with terrible CGI and storyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    If they release what they got on bluray I can't see how it's be a loss. Maybe a online made to order thing.
    iTunes maybe but yea they arent printing Blu Ray's for something they have no faith in. Just put it on iTunes and On demand. Minimal cost.

But yea they have had mutiple hits in a row now I doubt they wanna bring back the stuff they are trying to get away from.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    iTunes maybe but yea they arent printing Blu Ray's for something they have no faith in. Just put it on iTunes and On demand. Minimal cost.

But yea they have had mutiple hits in a row now I doubt they wanna bring back the stuff they are trying to get away from.
    Yeah on demand would be the most cost effective. Would cost them almost nothing to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don't get why they would release it. Unless they just want to put Snyders movies behind them and move on as quickly as possible. Otherwise put it out, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    It's probably the biggest question the movement has: why not?

The support is clearly there, and while it may not make hundreds of millions for WB at this point, many see it as an opportunity to send Snyder's original vision off into the sunset properly and restore some faith with the contingent of Snyder-DCEU fans. It also offers the "original" ending of the Justice League trilogy (which we found out after it was released was originally a 5 movie arc Snyder had planned) as the theatrical release was heavily edited.
    If I had to speculate, I'd guess either brand synergy (Whatever the Snyder Cut was supposed to be, it no longer fits the continuity of the DCEU), not wanting to "waste" resources ("We could either invest in releasing another cut of a movie that finished in the red or invest it in a new project that has a chance of being a success), or, for as vocal as the "release the Snyder Cut" fans are, they are not a big enough demographic to justify the expense of releasing the Cut (finished or otherwise).

Anything is possible (there was a time when we thought that the Cut was completely unfinished and it now looks like it is mostly done), but I don't think it's ever going to come out, largely since I'm not sure there's enough demand and I think WB is probably more interested in the future then the past.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ok, so if this cut does exist and and is [mostly] finished, and "someone" [Snyder] "accidentally" leaks the movie online, would WB just make a beeline to Snyder and sue him into oblivion, plausible deniability that maybe he didn't do it be damned?

Ok, so if this cut does exist and and is [mostly] finished, and "someone" [Snyder] "accidentally" leaks the movie online, would WB just make a beeline to Snyder and sue him into oblivion, plausible deniability that maybe he didn't do it be damned?
    They CAN sue him, whether they wiuld is different

Problem is most people don't understand what a rough cut is it means major needed CGI in scenes especially a Snyder film and even storyboards in some places. When Lucas showed the 1st Rough Cut of Star Wars to friends he used WWII Dog Fights for the Space Battles. If WB released a Rough Cut fans would still be mad because it won't match their expectations. I bet even more conspiracy theories would start on WB sabotaging Snyder's vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Problem is most people don't understand what a rough cut is
    Including Momoa? Cause the link I posted the interviewer brought that up (unfinished/incomplete FX)and Momoa said it was finished FX and all before dropping it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WB is going to pour money into a movie that made them no profit. Synder cut will stay a pipe dream. I doubt there's enough interest in this thing to justify the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I'm excited to watch an unfinished movie with major scenes gone and extra ones with no music, effects, or editing.
    It wouldn't be unheard of. The aforementioned Donner cut of Superman II featured a scene that was actually the screen test between Margot Kidder and Christopher Reeve, which was of noticeably lower quality and showed the actors in completely different wardrobe to replace the real scene that Donner never got to shoot.

And there have been cases of studios bowing to pressure and putting out alternate cuts of a movie. While I can't remember the circumstances around it, Alien 3 comes to mind (though in that case I think it was a cash grab from the studio). And they have finally released an official version of Halloween: The Curse of Michael Meyers- The Producer's Cut, which for years could only be found bootlegged at conventions.