Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Seriously wondering if the Snyder Cut can ever live up to the cult-like hype the faithful have given it in their crusade to convince WB to make it happne?
    You actually think that matters to the fans who have been lobbying for this cut for years now? It will be up to the fans to decide if it lives up to the hype or not, but even if it is seen as the weakest of the Snyder DC trilogy they’ll be largely content in seeing a version of the movie that is a proper continuation of the previous films instead of the the soft reboot that the theatrical version felt. This is about closure. Snyder will likely never direct a DC film again, so I think if it as sort of a goodbye to his era of DC films. It’s akin to a series finale in a sense.

If you didn’t like Man Of Steel or BVS(theatrical edition or the Ultimate Edition) then of course the cut just isn’t for you, and you might as well not even bother. If you loved what Snyder did, then at the very least you’ll be more than satisfied with his cut. Hardly anyone is expecting a masterpiece, but I know for myself I’ll likely enjoy the heck outta of it and finally feel a sense of completion that I didn’t get with the cut released in theaters.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-21-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Are they gonna do any additional work? Finish CGI etc or is it gonna have story boards and unfinished scenes in it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Are they gonna do any additional work? Finish CGI etc or is it gonna have story boards and unfinished scenes in it?
    They’re putting $20-30million in for editing, VFX, and score.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

It's going to be just as bad as the original, but the diehards will say it's the best thing since Citizen Caine.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    It's going to be just as bad as the original, but the diehards will say it's the best thing since Citizen Caine.
    Kane.

I'm interested if they change the white balance. Seriously. That move alone would suggest an awareness of what they were making that was lost on all of the previous DC movies.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    That's good because the original IST even that bad it has problems sure at the very least it's a popcorn movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    They’re putting $20-30million in for editing, VFX, and score.
    Ok thats cool. Feel how you want about those movies but they hired Snyder for a job. For better or worse he should finish his vision.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ok thats cool. Feel how you want about those movies but they hired Snyder for a job. For better or worse he should finish his vision.
    I mean, you'd think this would be fairly reasonable to agree upon, but then again, Zack kicked everyone's dogs and ate their bologna sandwiches. So, there's that...

But yes, as an artist and as someone who was hired by the Hollywood studio who claimed to be the "Film Maker's Studio" and completely interfered with his plans after they gave him the keys to the DC kingdom, this is what it was about for the vast majority of us Snyder supporters. Plain and simple. There's also another layer for many of us who actually enjoyed what he was doing with these properties. Believe it or not, minority or otherwise, he has a sizable following and fandom because we like his style.

We understand not everyone else enjoyed what he was doing. That's totally fine. But, lo and behold, oh so many people were wrong about the existence of his cut and how far along it was, what it entailed, etc. And yet, I'm still seeing people insinuate that this is only being released because of COVID (that is completely false) or because HBO Max needs launch titles.

First, Toby Emmerich contacted the Snyders back in November after the massive JL anniversary Twitter and online campaign asking if they want to finish their vision. Zack screened what he had in February to more than a dozen execs, before COVID even took hold in the U.S. Furthermore, it's releasing next year...

Anyway, I'm so happy about this and I want to say congratulations to everyone who championed this cause + the Snyders and the entire cast and crew. And I want to say THANK YOU to WB, HBO, and AT&T for what they did. It means a lot.

Last thing I'll say: If you're not interested and not a fan of Snyder's, DON'T WATCH THE MOVIE.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Last thing I'll say: If you're not interested and not a fan of Snyder's, DON'T WATCH THE MOVIE.
    It's too late. I've already seen enough of Snyder's distorted view of the DC universe to understand nothing good can come of it.

Astonishing Member

I mean, you'd think this would be fairly reasonable to agree upon, but then again, Zack kicked everyone's dogs and ate their bologna sandwiches. So, there's that...
    He's controversial for a reason.

But yes, as an artist and as someone who was hired by the Hollywood studio who claimed to be the "Film Maker's Studio" and completely interfered with his plans after they gave him the keys to the DC kingdom, this is what it was about for the vast majority of us Snyder supporters. Plain and simple. There's also another layer for many of us who actually enjoyed what he was doing with these properties. Believe it or not, minority or otherwise, he has a sizable following and fandom because we like his style.
    They are a director's studio but they still are a studio. Nobody is arguing whether he has fans who like his work, everyone knows that's true and it's not why people have troubles with his fanbase.

We understand not everyone else enjoyed what he was doing. That's totally fine. But, lo and behold, oh so many people were wrong about the existence of his cut and how far along it was, what it entailed, etc. And yet, I'm still seeing people insinuate that this is only being released because of COVID (that is completely false) or because HBO Max needs launch titles.
    It didn't hurt his prospects, either. Of course, to make this content requires him getting cast and crew to make a movie in the middle of a pandemic.

First, Toby Emmerich contacted the Snyders back in November after the massive JL anniversary Twitter and online campaign asking if they want to finish their vision. Zack screened what he had in February to more than a dozen execs, before COVID even took hold in the U.S. Furthermore, it's releasing next year...
    To releasee it next year requires him to start shooting soon, and the pandemic is far from over. It could be going on in 2021, too. There isn't a cure at this stage and countries want to open up again, ensuring the second wave will hit.

We won't. I'd appreciate if Snyder would stop insulting people who don't like works, however.

Anyway, I'm so happy about this and I want to say congratulations to everyone who championed this cause + the Snyders and the entire cast and crew. And I want to say THANK YOU to WB, HBO, and AT&T for what they did. It means a lot.

yea all I'm saying is they let him make Justice League. Now if BvS would have came out before the were already in production on Justice league and they fired him I wouldn't care. But dude showed them a 4hour cut(Silly if he thought they wouldn't make him cut some stuff.) Spent so much time on this film. Just let him finish it. He already put that much time into it. It will make some people happy including him .
    Plus I know on here alot of people hate all thing Snyder. But I think hes great on framing a shot especially for action. I prefer other people writing the screenplays but I like his style visually. Slow-mo and all. I stand by 300 to this day. Love that movie lol

What hype? The point of the movement was to help a creator get his work released since it was put on hold due to his family tragedy. It’s a matter of principle, the movie could be paint drying, doesn’t change anything
    The hype among the faithful in the Release the Snyder Cut people. The ones wanting this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    You actually think that matters to the fans who have been lobbying for this cut for years now? It will be up to the fans to decide if it lives up to the hype or not, but even if it is seen as the weakest of the Snyder DC trilogy they’ll be largely content in seeing a version of the movie that is a proper continuation of the previous films instead of the the soft reboot that the theatrical version felt. This is about closure. Snyder will likely never direct a DC film again, so I think if it as sort of a goodbye to his era of DC films. It’s akin to a series finale in a sense.

If you didn’t like Man Of Steel or BVS(theatrical edition or the Ultimate Edition) then of course the cut just isn’t for you, and you might as well not even bother. If you loved what Snyder did, then at the very least you’ll be more than satisfied with his cut. Hardly anyone is expecting a masterpiece, but I know for myself I’ll likely enjoy the heck outta of it and finally feel a sense of completion that I didn’t get with the cut released in theaters.
    All this just smacks of a "be careful what you wish for; you just might get it" scenario, considering what we know about the stuff Snyder leaked, his past DCEU movies, and the like. I guess I'm just wondering if the movie will be worth it as a movie (let alone all the fan activity that went on up to the point that WB decided it was worth their while to finish it).
    Last edited by WebLurker; 05-23-2020 at 11:21 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

The hype among the faithful in the Release the Snyder Cut people. The ones wanting this to happen.
    the ones who wanted this to happen wanted this creator to finish his work and release it. that's the core idea. so whether it's bad or good doesn't matter at all

the ones who wanted this to happen wanted this creator to finish his work and release it. that's the core idea. so whether it's bad or good doesn't matter at all
    That's what I think should be the spirit (even though it really seems like once Wheedon took over, the project ceased to be Snyder's work, but that's another topic). Thing is, from what I've observed, it seems like the Snyder Cut narrative evolved into this thing that that Wheedon ruined the movie (and while I think the movie works as dumb fun, I agree its a mess) and if Snyder had been allowed to complete his vision, it would've been a masterpiece (the fact that BvS happened on Snyder's watch and all the leaked stuff from his time on JL shows that he learned nothing from his failure gets overlooked somehow), not a "we want to see what Snyder had in mind to close the book." Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

That's what I think should be the spirit (even though it really seems like once Wheedon took over, the project ceased to be Snyder's work, but that's another topic). Thing is, from what I've observed, it seems like the Snyder Cut narrative evolved into this thing that that Wheedon ruined the movie (and while I think the movie works as dumb fun, I agree its a mess) and if Snyder had been allowed to complete his vision, it would've been a masterpiece (the fact that BvS happened on Snyder's watch and all the leaked stuff from his time on JL shows that he learned nothing from his failure gets overlooked somehow), not a "we want to see what Snyder had in mind to close the book." Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?
    Idk I think you’ll find a lot of mixed emotions wherever you look. A lot of people like me for example just want Snyder to release his work. My view is that no matter what, if there’s an audience for it then it should be released. But there are some fans who see the movement as raising awareness for suicide prevention and they see Snyder being able to release it as a personal achievement for him. Then there are fans who interested in the Snyder Cut solely for the narrative and because they want to see what is different from Whedon’s version, and what could have been. It’s hard to say who the majority is in all of that because I think a lot of people feel all of those things, but I think what’s universal is the support for Snyder, so if this results in people clamoring for more Snyder DC stuff, it will really only go as far as Snyder himself wants. If he’s officially done after that then it would be hard for those fans to really have a voice. And right now I think there are a lot of people who are pushing for a David Ayer cut of Suicide Squad.