Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Default Justice League (2017) - "Snyder Cut" - UPDATE November 2019

EDIT May 25, 2020

The Snyder Cut is officially being released! Thanks to everyone who called for its released and a bigger thanks to AT&T, Warner Bros. and HBO Max. For those who are interested in watching it in 2021 in the U.S. - please don't be jerks and pirate it. Own up and be a good person and pay for the service as a way to thank HBO Max and AT&T for doing this. To those outside of the U.S., we're all hoping that by 2021 HBO Max will launch in your regions and/or there will be an agreement for it to stream on other platforms.

Below are some links for additional reading and confirmations. Congrats everyone, we did it. Now, be nice and don't be jerks!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-thing-1295102

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...79373789605890

-----------

Hi Everyone,

First, my apologies if there have been recent threads on this. I did use the search function and couldn't find anything super recent.

I wanted to share the below post I made in one of the DC Comics Forum threads. My only purpose in providing it here as well is to provide additional publicity for those who are interested and/or support it (not to start debates). I think all of us understand Snyder had his fans, followers, haters, and people who respectfully didn't like his direction, but the intent of the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement is to provide closure in support for Zack and the fans who appreciated his DCEU plans. It's been two years and yet a very vocal "minority" of fans have continued a hard press to see the original version of Justice League. We are all aware he is done with DC properties and I am one with the majority supporting this movement that respects the decision to move on from his vision. However, it's counter to what Warner Bros touts as being "director friendly" considering the influence and modifications they had made to the film (this is well documented all over the Internet). It leaves with just a final question of "why not just release his version and be done with it all, once and for all?"

Some people may say that the film wasn't close to being complete. Well, through several revelations from people who worked on Justice League, and from Zack Snyder himself who was filmed answering a fan at a filming event he held, the movie was completed far more than the majority of people assumed. Some finer details are in the body below (there's plenty more that has been dispersed over the last two years - the items immediately below have all popped up over the last 24 hours), but if there are any other questions and a search engine isn't helping, I think there are a few people who are willing to answer some questions people may have regarding the movie. Anyway, thanks for reading and really, if you don't have any thoughts on the matter or you don't support the Snyder Cut movement (the movement, not some of the crazy personalities within it), then please feel free to ignore all of this.

JUSTICE LEAGUE - SNYDER CUT NEWS

I haven't looked at the last couple pages, but for the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut fans, there is a renewed push happening not just from the fandom, but from people associated with the movie. If you don't care or have only negative thoughts regarding the Snyder Cut movement, you're free to voice your opinion, but I would like to follow the "disclaimer" that you can find below from the DC_Cinematic subreddit mods in their renewed push: just ignore this.

Reddit post from the mods asking for a social media blast and to "trust them" on this: https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati..._for_everyone/

Ray Porter, who was cast as Darkseid is tweeting out directly to AT&T and WB.
    Ray Fisher and Zack Snyder apparently liked Momoa's Instagram post showing him skewering Steppenwolf. This sequence supposedly leads to Aquaman "serving up" Steppenwolf to Superman who then punches him over to Diana where she deals the final blow. This is different than the ending provided in the theatrical release.

Jason Momoa, Jay Oliva, Ray Porter and many others have all been actively pushing the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut on Twitter, Vero and Instagram over the last 24 hours or so.
    Zack Snyder has served up some fresh pics from his version (a couple are shown above by Last Son of Krypton).

No one is sure what's going on, but there is "hope" circulating that with the second anniversary of Justice League next week, an announcement may be imminent OR AT&T/WB may be feeling pressure both externally and internally to have Zack Snyder's original cut release on HBO Max to offer proper closure for his fans and to the "Justice League" trilogy.

If you are a supporter and/or fan of the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement, it's encouraged that you get on whatever social media you have and begin contributing to the hashtag and tagging @AT&T and @WarnerBros to show them the support.

Again, if you're not interested or you don't care, then please feel free to ignore all of this.

EDIT: Almost forgot! Junkie XL confirmed he finished all of Justice League's soundtrack (this has been a heavily debated point of the Snyder Cut. Well, no more!). You can find that exclusive story here: https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...core-complete/
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 05-25-2020 at 12:11 PM.

A couple other quick notes:

Zack Snyder's original cut of Justice League (of which there are multiple, confirmed by him), is approximately 3-3.5 hours long. It featured Harry Lennix as being Martian Manhunter the entire time (he was in MoS and BvS) as proven from one of Zack's original storyboards he posted on his Vero account. Cyborg was also featured much more heavily in his version and was called the original "Heart of the movie" by Zack himself.

Darkseid was cast (Ray Porter, mentioned above) and had at least one confirmed scene along with Desaad.

-

I want to reiterate again that I am willing to accept Zack Snyder is done with making DC movies. That's fine, but I would really appreciate being able to see his original/final vision for his Justice League trilogy along with the original score by Junkie XL. I won't be calling for him to be re-hired, but I will be thankful we finally got to see the pre-Whedon/Tsujihara cut that was purposely stripped down to under 2 hours.

I don't get why they would release it. Unless they just want to put Snyders movies behind them and move on as quickly as possible. Otherwise put it out, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don't get why they would release it. Unless they just want to put Snyders movies behind them and move on as quickly as possible. Otherwise put it out, why not?
    It's probably the biggest question the movement has: why not?

The support is clearly there, and while it may not make hundreds of millions for WB at this point, many see it as an opportunity to send Snyder's original vision off into the sunset properly and restore some faith with the contingent of Snyder-DCEU fans. It also offers the "original" ending of the Justice League trilogy (which we found out after it was released was originally a 5 movie arc Snyder had planned) as the theatrical release was heavily edited.

But, you may have the answer already: WB is trying to put this behind them and move on; no looking back in the mirror.

That's fine, but why would you modify the director's movie so far from his/her original plans only to then move on and not look back? If that was your plan all along, let the man finish his movie the way he intended and then tell everyone "we thank Zack for his vision, but it's time to move in a different direction."

There could have and should have been more diplomacy and transparency with this. After all, look at the cluster it has caused with DCEU fans (and some CBM fans in general).

I've seen summaries of it.
    No thank you. The current JL film may have been kind of a mess, but I still liked it FAR better than what Snyder's cut was supposed to be.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A simple fact of why it hasn't happened could be that WB may have already tossed his cut out. That they can't find it to release and haven't said as much. Because it would mean $$$ to already put out a special cut of the film at Christmas. Like the Donner version they did on a big steel book collection back in mid 2000's.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Zack Snyder is done. Finito. No more DCEU by him.
    Just let it die.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I'm excited to watch an unfinished movie with major scenes gone and extra ones with no music, effects, or editing.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    It's probably the biggest question the movement has: why not?

The support is clearly there, and while it may not make hundreds of millions for WB at this point, many see it as an opportunity to send Snyder's original vision off into the sunset properly and restore some faith with the contingent of Snyder-DCEU fans. It also offers the "original" ending of the Justice League trilogy (which we found out after it was released was originally a 5 movie arc Snyder had planned) as the theatrical release was heavily edited.

But, you may have the answer already: WB is trying to put this behind them and move on; no looking back in the mirror.

That's fine, but why would you modify the director's movie so far from his/her original plans only to then move on and not look back? If that was your plan all along, let the man finish his movie the way he intended and then tell everyone "we thank Zack for his vision, but it's time to move in a different direction."

There could have and should have been more diplomacy and transparency with this. After all, look at the cluster it has caused with DCEU fans (and some CBM fans in general).
    Iono how much unfinished CGI would be in that cut. But Stars or Showtime or somebody was playing a extended cut of DOFP on they're network with scenes that had CGI that wasnt even attempted. So I dont see unfinished CGI being a hindrance. Clearly they arent gonna put any money into the movie to do any of that CGI but that's fine just use what you got or Storyboards for those scenes. But with the Wider sucess as far as reviews go of Aquaman,Shazam and now Joker. They might want to just leave everything Snyder in the past as much as possible. Who knows or maybe they dont think theres an appetite for it past the vocal fanbase on the internet. But just put it out on iTunes. Wont cost you much, so even if its not a smash sucess your gonna make some money and make the die hard fans of those movies happy. So again I say Why not.

I dont think its that' they cant find it. Kevin Smith has said inside sources told him it exists and Mamoa said he watched it.

Snyder cut...theatrical cut...show me the cut of Justice League that doesn't reduce Wonder Woman and the rest of the League to useless jobbers who can't do anything without Superman.

Otherwise, screw the both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A simple fact of why it hasn't happened could be that WB may have already tossed his cut out. That they can't find it to release and haven't said as much. Because it would mean $$$ to already put out a special cut of the film at Christmas. Like the Donner version they did on a big steel book collection back in mid 2000's.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. If they had it and there was a demand for it, they'd release it and probably make a few extra bucks out of it. If they haven't, it probably means they can't.

The Snyder Cut will never make back what it will cost to actually finish it and honestly fans are one thing but cast and crew beating this dead horse is sad.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. If they had it and there was a demand for it, they'd release it and probably make a few extra bucks out of it. If they haven't, it probably means they can't.
    Hell making special editions and the interest now in DC film properties after a string of hit films makes pushing this out a no brainer if it did exist. They could simply go , edit it to work and release. But I think WB doesn't want to admit they lost the Snyder cut during the films crazy filming we saw.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Snyder Cut will never make back what it will cost to actually finish it and honestly fans are one thing but cast and crew beating this dead horse is sad.
    Would they expect them to finish it? Just release what you got, use Storyboards and placeholder CGI. And If you dont have either of those for a scene just skip to the next one. I would hope the people yelling for this would understand what they are asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Would they expect them to finish it? Just release what you got, use Storyboards and placeholder CGI. And If you dont have either of those for a scene just skip to the next one. I would hope the people yelling for this would understand what they are asking for.
    Maybe the best thing to do would be to almost release it more as a documentary with commentary going on throughout the movie. That way people think of it less as a real movie, and more as just sort of a novelty.