Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
Idk I think you’ll find a lot of mixed emotions wherever you look. A lot of people like me for example just want Snyder to release his work. My view is that no matter what, if there’s an audience for it then it should be released. But there are some fans who see the movement as raising awareness for suicide prevention and they see Snyder being able to release it as a personal achievement for him. Then there are fans who interested in the Snyder Cut solely for the narrative and because they want to see what is different from Whedon’s version, and what could have been. It’s hard to say who the majority is in all of that because I think a lot of people feel all of those things, but I think what’s universal is the support for Snyder, so if this results in people clamoring for more Snyder DC stuff, it will really only go as far as Snyder himself wants. If he’s officially done after that then it would be hard for those fans to really have a voice. And right now I think there are a lot of people who are pushing for a David Ayer cut of Suicide Squad.
This completely side-steps the problem with the "movement" of Snyder fans, as if what they're done isn't worth acknowledging. Just because some Snyder fans are good isn't a reason to ignore the bad Snyder fans or Snyder himself. I don't now how many bad Snyder fans yet they are a loud contingent who speaks to us as though they speak for the entire fanbase. Snyder's been encouraging his fans, and not been shy about voicing his displeasure about his critics and WB, he hasn't been absent from this saga. When he called people who didn't like his work "virgins" how do you think the fanbase reacted to that?