Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

if wb decided to release it, it shoulg be retitled to moneygrab the movie or 'it's still stinking crap'.

If they release the movie in cinema, I think people will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    If they release the movie in cinema, I think people will show up.
    People? That's vague. Sure people will show up but enough to cover expenses to distribute the movie and finish any CGI? Way less certain and a risky endeavor for a company that has now had a few hits in a row from they're Comic films. And probaly wants to put that behind them. Seems like a itunes release of a unfinished movie with maybe some ZACH Snyder and cast commentary is the best they can hope for. And I know atleast a couple passionate people on here who really want it so I hope they get it. But I dont see WB putting more money Into Justice league after it supposedly already lost money.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    People? That's vague. Sure people will show up but enough to cover expenses to distribute the movie and finish any CGI? Way less certain and a risky endeavor for a company that has now had a few hits in a row from they're Comic films. And probaly wants to put that behind them. Seems like a itunes release of a unfinished movie with maybe some ZACH Snyder and cast commentary is the best they can hope for. And I know atleast a couple passionate people on here who really want it so I hope they get it. But I dont see WB putting more money Into Justice league after it supposedly already lost money.
    Because the movie has taken a life of its own. its quite infamous now. If it ever gets released, many will show up out of curiosity.

Because the movie has taken a life of its own. its quite infamous now. If it ever gets released, many will show up out of curiosity.
    Many? Again very Vague, but its gonna take alot to distribute and finish the cgi. Digital release doesnt cost them much and they still get to Service the fans with no risk.

It's taken on a life of it's own for a small niche of the fan base who even know of it's existance purely as a matter of curiosity.

That's likely more something you want to distribute digitally than in the threaters. I'm sure there are bigger projects the WB would be willing to put in that slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Including Momoa? Cause the link I posted the interviewer brought that up (unfinished/incomplete FX)and Momoa said it was finished FX and all before dropping it.
    Except in the Snyder Cut Cyborg's origin was a big part and we've seen some of those scenes and they're not finished with green screens in the background. Mamoa is a good guy and loyal to Zack but I don't believe there is a complete with effects Snyder Cut just a Rough Cut.

Also I see people comparing this to the Donner Cut of Superman 2 which is apples and oranges because very little effects needed to be done it was mostly editing out Lester's scenes and adding the originally cut Donner scenes including test footage since that was all they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Except in the Snyder Cut Cyborg's origin was a big part and we've seen some of those scenes and they're not finished with green screens in the background.
    ...he could have finished them later?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Mamoa is a good guy and loyal to Zack but I don't believe there is a complete with effects Snyder Cut just a Rough Cut.
    And I'm on the side of "I don't know (hence why I keep saying IF it exists), but if someone would know it would be him".

I have no dog in this fight; I'm one of the few who liked Whedon's take, mostly. I don't know Momoa, maybe he's exaggerating maybe he's legit, but if anyone would know it would be him. I'm not prepared to say he's lying just cause I feel some sort of way about Snyder. I don't like the man (well most of Snyder's work) but I don't think that's fair. Not saying that's what you're doing, just the overall vibe I'm getting from the thread.

The whole thing is moot cause if it exists it'll only be released via someone leaking it.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

From everything I've seen, Snyder's Cut(s) is further along than most of us think. An example would be that if we had to put a percentage on it, I think the safe bet is that the movie is North of 80-90% complete. Again, all speculation unless you're Jason Momoa or some other vocal production team members who insist the movie is so much closer than what we believe.
    If I have some time to compile sources, posts, etc. I will.

And again, his version is apparently much different than the final product. It's more than just swapping in a few scenes. We're talking about character back stories being restored (Cyborg, for example), the official soundtrack, different ending(s), additional characters (Martian Manhunter, for example), etc. And a run time that possible exceeds 3-3.5 hours vs. the 119 minute version that was released. Most importantly, no CGI-Cavill-stache nonsense.

Edit: I also don't think this would be a theatrical release, but if it were, it'd be limited. This is something that I think would best stand as a straight to Blu-ray release and/or something exclusive to HBO Max (this is the most popular option I've been seeing). Something that would be really cool but has less than 1% chance of happening would be to have it as a semi-documentary (or a documentary attached as a special feature) to discuss some of the things that occurred behind the scenes.

Edit 2: And this isn't a movement that is only ran by a handful of people. There are tens of thousands, arguably hundreds of thousands that at some point have asked to see the Snyder Cut. While that's not a massive number in the bigger scheme of things, it's actually considerable when talking about a movie. There was a petition circling around a while back and it looks like it's closed now but it mustered over 179,000 signatures: https://www.change.org/p/warner-bros...8-375c7717dafa
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 11-11-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    From everything I've seen, Snyder's Cut(s) is further along than most of us think. An example would be that if we had to put a percentage on it, I think the safe bet is that the movie is North of 80-90% complete. Again, all speculation unless you're Jason Momoa or some other vocal production team members who insist the movie is so much closer than what we believe.
    If I have some time to compile sources, posts, etc. I will.

And again, his version is apparently much different than the final product. It's more than just swapping in a few scenes. We're talking about character back stories being restored (Cyborg, for example), the official soundtrack, different ending(s), additional characters (Martian Manhunter, for example), etc. And a run time that possible exceeds 3-3.5 hours vs. the 119 minute version that was released. Most importantly, no CGI-Cavill-stache nonsense.

Edit: I also don't think this would be a theatrical release, but if it were, it'd be limited. This is something that I think would best stand as a straight to Blu-ray release and/or something exclusive to HBO Max (this is the most popular option I've been seeing). Something that would be really cool but has less than 1% chance of happening would be to have it as a semi-documentary (or a documentary attached as a special feature) to discuss some of the things that occurred behind the scenes.

Edit 2: And this isn't a movement that is only ran by a handful of people. There are tens of thousands, arguably hundreds of thousands that at some point have asked to see the Snyder Cut. While that's not a massive number in the bigger scheme of things, it's actually considerable when talking about a movie. There was a petition circling around a while back and it looks like it's closed now but it mustered over 179,000 signatures: https://www.change.org/p/warner-bros...8-375c7717dafa
    Thats not even enough to get 2 things raised in the UK Houses of parliment. Some states have more people then that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    if wb decided to release it, it shoulg be retitled to moneygrab the movie or 'it's still stinking crap'.
    If it were a moneygrab, they would release it.

That said, the fan base that want to see this is passionate enough, they should actually try putting a GoFundMe to finish the movie. (It worked for Veronica Mars and other projects!)

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    they should actually try putting a GoFundMe to finish the movie.
    The movie is practically finished. I'm pretty sure that WB can foot the bill for any additional "tweaks" needed. Money was never the issue.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    The movie is practically finished. I'm pretty sure that WB can foot the bill for any additional "tweaks" needed. Money was never the issue.
    But why would they spend more money on a dead project that could be used for something new that might earn a profit.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ray Fisher (Cyborg) has now joined the fray on Twitter by providing an original Snyder scene snapshot:

https://twitter.com/rehsifyar/status...63289692807168

EJRL7drWkAE4J8j.jpg

Also, this entire week is dedicated to the hashtag #releasethesnydercut on Twitter and other social media so please get out there and support it if you want.
    So far every day there's been a new picture released from a removed scene.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 11-13-2019 at 08:37 PM.

I posted the following in the DC Films thread as there's been similar conversations here. Just thought I'd throw my latest opinions in and also give a notice that today is the last day of #ReleasetheSnydercut week and the movement is asking anyone and everyone who is even in the slightest bit interested to get on social media, specifically Twitter (but I think the visibility is wanted across all platforms) and tag WB and AT&T with #ReleasetheSnydercut.

Please consider doing this today as outlined below if you support seeing the original version of Justice League. It's worth a shot and at the end of the day we can all say we tried:

"Just reading through the last few pages you can see the strong opinions of both sides of pro-Synder cut and the anti-Snyder cut folks.

What I've never understood is why the anti-Snyder cut crowd feels the need to engage the way they do; if you don't support it, there's little need to argue against those who wish to see its existence after there has been plenty of evidence to suggest it does exist and is far, far closer to completion than most ever realized. Just let the people who want it speak up about it. It's like some people want to intentionally poke the Snyder cut fans with a stick knowing they'll get a reaction when there's no need. Just leave them be. Most are just wanting closure with the original vision and some are going as far to suggest bringing Snyder back. Those are the minority from my experiences and while I am in the pro-Snyder cut crowd, I acknowledge that the DCEU is done with his vision (for better or worse, I don't care but it can be debated depending upon one's tastes) and that there's little sense in asking to bring him back. It's time to move on from him, but there was someone and something wronged in the way Justice League released and I want it remedied.

Anyway, today's the last day for the big Twitter barrage for #ReleasetheSnydercut - the rumor is that WB and AT&T executives are watching social media this week (not 100% certain if it's for this specifically or something else). The goal is to get over 200,000 tweets on #ReleasetheSnydercut so please consider tweeting out a few times if you support this and/or are indifferent but interested in potentially seeing this come to light. There's little use in not trying, after all, we can all say we tried our hardest.

From DC_Cinematic subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...5_hours_old_a/

"If you support the Snyder Cut, skip the disclaimer below. All others are instructed to read the disclaimer before advancing in the thread.

FULL DISCLAIMER: This announcement is specifically addressing fans advocating the release of Zack Snyder’s version of Justice League. I am leading with this disclaimer out of respect for the time and energies of those who do NOT support this version of the 2017 film. If you maintain the steady position that the Snyder Cut of Justice League is of no interest to you, you are dismissed from expending your attention on this targeted announcement. Participation in this thread will be acted upon if deemed inappropriate, misguiding, or in overall bad faith. You are responsible for directing your attentions towards your constructive priorities as a fan. The circumstances surrounding Justice League are an eternal concern of this community, and this post is for those who earnestly follow this issue. From one fan to another, love what you love, care about what you care about, and let whatever falls beyond those bounds run its course.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Today is the big day. You may have heard about (or even participated in) the ongoing week-long Twitter event coordinated by @RTSnyderCut on Twitter. This final round of tweeting and hash tagging is the most critical opportunity yet to demonstrate your interest in the Snyder Cut to the powers that be. If you want to show your support for the Snyder Cut today, here are the steps to follow.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:
    1) Log into or create your account on Twitter. Twitter is the playing field that matters here.

2) Starting at 2PM EST (11AM PST, 7PM UK, 8PM CET, 00:30AM India, 3AM China, or your local equivalent), the push for Justice League begins. Compose tweets tagging the official Warner Bros. Pictures (@wbpictures) and AT&T (@ATT) accounts expressing your interest and support of the Snyder Cut. Tweets MUST tag those entities and include the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut hashtag, spelled correctly, to count towards the goal of 214K tweets the movement is trying to reach in an hour.

3) Tweet as much as you can within this hour-long window. Again, tagging @wbpictures and @ATT while ending with #ReleaseTheSnyderCut. These elements are absolutely critical. Keep it on message and keep it civil.

4) And that’s it! You have just participated in perhaps the single most significant fan push for the Snyder Cut that directly addresses the parties that matter.
    For further details, check out the @RTSnyderCut graphic below:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJiY3w7XUAE10i_.jpg:large
    This is it, folks. These are decisive hours. This is the time to pitch in if this means anything to you. Fandom’s a weird outfit. Here’s the chance to wear it out loud before the eyes that matter.

NOTE: There are two Twitter events scheduled for today. Two hours ahead of the push for the Snyder Cut, there is a Superman event to close the Justice League member appreciation series. The provided instructions prioritize the JL event, but feel free to show your love for our boy in blue in the hours before. Just to be clear, the JL event is the key contributor towards the Snyder Cut itself. If you have to choose one to participate in, please choose the JL event."
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 11-17-2019 at 09:37 AM.