Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't know if I'd go that far. I think it only qualifies as a multiverse if all those realities exist within any one of the fictional stories.
    But DC had lots of titles that didn't interconnect with each other and existed in different continuities, then later established that they are all on Earths in the Multiverse. And the Mulitiverse was infinite--the implication being that every Earth existed in the DC Mulitverse, even Marvel and other publishers' comics.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But DC had lots of titles that didn't interconnect with each other and existed in different continuities, then later established that they are all on Earths in the Multiverse. And the Mulitiverse was infinite--the implication being that every Earth existed in the DC Mulitverse, even Marvel and other publishers' comics.
    Including another company stories/comics sounds really like Morrison's Hypertime concept
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90bdtAElbRk
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I mean that might be interesting for a while but that kind of setup can't last for long for the same reason why Marvel's Ultimate universe eventually expired. Eventually the NuUniverse becomes as full of continuity as the other one. A sustainable fictional universe can't have "new" as the main selling point. I think that ended up being part of the downfall for dc's new 52 initiative.
    I think the Ultimate universe expired because they killed everyone.

Anyway, multiverse with continuity all the way.

Amazing Member

I'm not only for an infinite multiverse, but I'm also a fan of the current infinite multiverses concept.
    I'm kind of curious to see if DC does anything with the idea. They kind of been playing around with it in Justice League right now, but I want to see some of these other Multiverses.

Single universe.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Single universe.
    Never felt the need to have other characters versions.
    If you want it put "elseworld" label on it and leave alone main earth and continuity.

Astonishing Member

To an extent, the idea of having only a "single universe" and no Multiverse in DC Comics is laughable. Alternate timelines, Elseworlds, pocket universes are functionally the same thing as a Multiverse - settings featuring alternate versions of familiar characters outside the confines of 'mainstream' continuity.

That said, I don't really have an appetite for the Pre-Crisis set-up of having the JLA on one earth, JSA on another earth, Marvel Family on another earth and so on. I think the ship has sailed on that one. Like it or not, the popular perception of the DCU today has the JSA as WW2-era precursors to the modern heroes, Shazam fighting alongside Superman, and the likes of Blue Beetle and the Question co-existing with the Justice League.

Multiverse all day every day. It gives writers more freedom.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

I love the multiverse. I wish DC Comics would come out with a book that shows a map of the multiverse and an explanation of each one. Think like the Hyrule Historia or the Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia I would buy that in a second. I mean they made collectible books like the Anatomy of the Superhuman so they could do something like this for the multiverse.