- Balrog vs Zodd
    - Sauron w/ Ring vs Ganishka
    - Galadriel vs Shierke
    - Guts vs Elrond
    - Skull Knight vs Witch King riding his Fell Beast
    - Grunbeld vs Smaug

**3. Bonus Fight:
    The God Hand including Femto vs The Valar
    Last edited by Sophicles; 11-09-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Pretty much seeing the LotR characters in 1 and 2 getting rekt, as at best, they tend to be lacking in concrete feats. 3 could go completely the other way for the same reasons... maybe. The Valar have junk like moving continents around in the first age IIRC. On the other hand, they might have a bit of trouble actually affecting the Godhand, since they seem to be able to freely move through different levels of reality and seem to deform reality around themselves. Godhand also have direct mindfuckery going for them too, which I'm not sure the Valar really have feats to stand against, but then all I can recall them doing with it is messing with Griffith, so meh. 3 might be a stalemate, as I'm not sure physical destruction matters to the Godhand at all (or that the Valar could reach them if they decided to just sit in a lower level of reality technically in the same physical space and project bodies like Slan did with the troll intestines), and I don't think they've shown the power to be a threat to the stronger Valar, but if it's anything like a straightforward confrontation, I think I expect the Valar to win.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-10-2019 at 12:59 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Yeah like Bit said. 1/2 is team Berserk.

In 3 the Godhand do not have that many feats, best we have seen is their summon to make a new Apostle/Godhand, also Femento best stuff was deflect sword of Resonance (or dodged it) and it made reality split open to current world stage. Which is small fries compared to the Valar.

The sword thing, I think is probably actually above what the Valar can do, since it fundamentally altered the rules of reality in way that's closer to Eru reshaping the world, but Femto didn't really do that on his own steam. Conceptually, I think the Godhand are each around the level of Sauron, but a lot more esoteric in their abilities.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-10-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    The sword thing, I think is probably actually above what the Valar can do, since it fundamentally altered the rules of reality in way that's closer to Eru reshaping the world, but Femto didn't really do that on his own steam.
    THat was more of a Skull Knight feat. As he made the damned sword with all the Apostle Belehit he collects after Guts killed said Apostle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    THat was more of a Skull Knight feat. As he made the damned sword with all the Apostle Belehit he collects after Guts killed said Apostle.
    Yeah, exactly. Though I get the sense that there might be some like, cosmic fate manipulation involved in making everything come to that point, that's really just speculation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Yeah, exactly. Though I get the sense that there might be some like, cosmic fate manipulation involved in making everything come to that point, that's really just speculation at this point.
    Griffiths very existence is Cosmic Fate Manipulation. The Lost Chapter, which spoiled a lot of things spells it out. The Idea of Evil/God. WANTS and MADE Griffith to be a bastardized "rightful king" and did rig the game so he could. Just as a Godhand.

Skully, and Guts are biengs that Fate did not ocunt on to exist. SO yeha big vs destiny vibe there.

What if for Parts 1 and 2, Team Middle Earth gets reinforcements:

- Balrog AND Glorfindel vs Zodd
    - Sauron AND Saruman AND Gandalf the White vs Ganishka
    - Galadriel vs Shierke - Leaving this one as is, since I actually thought this one was fairly even...
    - Elrond AND Aragorn vs Guts
    - Witch King AND the other 8 Ringwraiths AND Talion w/ Celebrimbor vs Skull Knight
    - Smaug AND Ungoliant vs Grunbeld

How would the Team-on-Team battle and the Individual Face-off matches go now?

Skull still wins.

Guts still wins.

The Dragon Knight could slay Smaug then dragon out ca Spider Demon.

I say these answers in complete confidence, will feel the rest out.

Might wanna specify what point we're dealing with Ganishka from. I definitely don't see anything in LotR being more than a bug on a windshield against his giant final form, but as for earlier... I can't recall his feats well enough to say.

Let's stick with up to the giant thundercloud form, rather than the giant eldritch abomination form of Ganishka.

I believe in that form, he could shoot out lightning bolts, and it was said he was capable of demolishing armies and leveling a city?

Hurricane version could solo armies and a city as hevwas a literally sapient hurricane cloud.

He was stopped in that form
    Ecause the Dragon Slayer sliced into his soul a bit.

Honestly have no clue about the team fights, mostly due to not being certain how they would fight in a team, as well as power disparity within the teams.

For 1v1....

- Balrog vs Zodd - tentatively give it to Zodd, mostly due to having more combat feats. While the Balrog definitely has endurance, I am not positive it can outlast Zodd with Zodd's damage output, which at least seems higher than Gandalf's.

- Sauron w/ Ring vs Ganishka - I interpretted this as the last time Ganishka was actually active, which means the giant beast form. In that case, I am not certain Ganishka has enough of a mind to avoid being mind-whammied by a full-powered Sauron. If we take the Storm Form, then.... well, it depends on whether or not Sauron has anything that can effect Ganishka like that. Otherwise, Sauron loses his body and retreats.

- Galadriel vs Shierke - last I checked, Shierke still needs time and a bit of safety to get her really powerful spells off. In an arena situation, I do not see that happening before Galadriel crosses the distance and stabs Shierke a couple of times.

- Guts vs Elrond - if in Rivendell, I could possibly believe that Elrond can get a mental attack off on Guts before Guts can close, but elsewhere.... nope. And that is probably Elrond's best bet, because Guts has too much speed and power for Elrond to handle in a swordfight.

- Skull Knight vs Witch King riding his Fell Beast - Witch King's aura will do jack-squat against the Skull Knight, which means the Witch King is going to have to land and duke it out. I do not see that fight going in the Witch King's favor. There is the prophecy, but between the Skull Knight's no-longer-human nature and the Sword of Casuality, the Skull Knight can probably work around it.

- Grunbeld vs Smaug - have not read the book on Grunbeld, so I think I mostly have the fight at the Witch's Tree and some of his human-form fights to work off of. I think Smaug has better maneuverability and mobility, but I think Grunbeld has enough power to hurt Smaug if he connects. No one-shotting unless monstrously lucky, but bruising blows, which will eventually add up. I guess the question is how does "ten-fold shields" hold up to Grunbeld's cannon and warhammer. Meanwhile, I can see Smaug damaging Grunbeld's human form, but failing to damage the dragon. In character, I just see Smaug cutting his losses and running. Bloodlusted.... Smaug goes down, but both sides are banged up pretty badly.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Griffiths very existence is Cosmic Fate Manipulation. The Lost Chapter, which spoiled a lot of things spells it out. The Idea of Evil/God. WANTS and MADE Griffith to be a bastardized "rightful king" and did rig the game so he could. Just as a Godhand.

Skully, and Guts are biengs that Fate did not ocunt on to exist. SO yeha big vs destiny vibe there.
    I've heard that the list chapter is strictly canon according to Miura and that he reserves the right to retcon anything in it

I did not say it was not canon, just the author felt he made a huge mistake in revealing those contents so early in the plot.

It is ultimately his right to retcon or not. Either way I will still respect him as Berserk is my fav manga.

Also yeah said chapter pretty much spells out that all Godhand, Griffith included were designed by the Idea of Evil to do its work, to reap in sweet prayer power by making the world a literal hell.