Default John Wick vs Robert McCall(The Equalizer)

Who takes this?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

weapons or just straight HTH?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    weapons or just straight HTH?
    Hand-to-hand.

in that case, i'd give it to wick, due to his soak.

their HTH are close but bob hasn't been in enough fights to give a good gauge of how good he can eat damage. while john gets fucked up throughout his movies and still keeps coming and killing.

in that case, i'd give it to wick, due to his soak.

their HTH are close but bob hasn't been in enough fights to give a good gauge of how good he can eat damage. while john gets fucked up throughout his movies and still keeps coming and killing.
    McCall was a much better fighter than Wick who rarely even gets hit and puts down his enemy quickly and efficiently. Wick, in a straight hand to hand fight without the element of surprise is't nearly as good. I mean he's good but he takes hits and it takes him a lot longer to fight off his enemies. I can't add the clip as I'm at work but just look at the first fight scene in the first Equalizer movie. He totally dismantles everyone in the room in seconds.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Edward Woodward probably loses. Denzel Washington probably wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    McCall was a much better fighter than Wick who rarely even gets hit and puts down his enemy quickly and efficiently. Wick, in a straight hand to hand fight without the element of surprise is't nearly as good. I mean he's good but he takes hits and it takes him a lot longer to fight off his enemies. I can't add the clip as I'm at work but just look at the first fight scene in the first Equalizer movie. He totally dismantles everyone in the room in seconds.
    but we don't know how well bob can take a hit, mostly because the guys he normally fights are mostly nameless mooks. while john does get hit, he can still keep going. considering the absurd amount of punishment john takes with little to no proper medical and keeps on fighting, it's a bit hard for me to believe bob could put him down easily.

also, john is ambushed more than he ambushes people, especially in the 3rd movie when everyone was jumping him.
    Last edited by master of read; 11-12-2019 at 09:10 PM.

but we don't know how well bob can take a hit, mostly because the guys he normally fights are mostly nameless mooks. while john does get hit, he can still keep going. considering the absurd amount of punishment john takes with little to no proper medical and keeps on fighting, it's a bit hard for me to believe bob could put him down easily.

also, john is ambushed more than he ambushes people, especially in the 3rd movie when everyone was jumping him.
    It won't be easy for Bob for sure but he would win. And he has gone up against more than just mooks; some have been highly trained assassins. Wick may be tough but Bob is fast and skilled enough that he'll take him out after a decent struggle IMO, mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    It won't be easy for Bob for sure but he would win. And he has gone up against more than just mooks; some have been highly trained assassins. Wick may be tough but Bob is fast and skilled enough that he'll take him out after a decent struggle IMO, mileage may vary.
    but he hasn't been tested to the degree that john has. cass ran him over with a car and then proceeded to have a extended fight scene with him that only ended due to landing in the continental. the next time they fought, john had fought 4 other assassin and was still able to best him and leave cass with a knife in his gut. that just shows that john has hella good soak and stamina. i can't really say the same for bob since i don't know how well he can take a punch or how well he can deal with joint locks and take downs.

keep in mind, this fight takes place a little under a hour after the second movie and he took some a lot of punishment from a bunch of people with little medical treatment. and yet he was still able to fight and beat this big bastard.

but he hasn't been tested to the degree that john has. cass ran him over with a car and then proceeded to have a extended fight scene with him that only ended due to landing in the continental. the next time they fought, john had fought 4 other assassin and was still able to best him and leave cass with a knife in his gut. that just shows that john has hella good soak and stamina. i can't really say the same for bob since i don't know how well he can take a punch or how well he can deal with joint locks and take downs.

keep in mind, this fight takes place a little under a hour after the second movie and he took some a lot of punishment from a bunch of people with little medical treatment. and yet he was still able to fight and beat this big bastard.
    I'll take you word for it as I haven't seen the third movie yet and I can't open Youtube clips at work.

Wick has pretty superhuman soak. Dude gets shot off the top of the Continental and hits fire escapes, and awnings on the way down without dying.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Wick has pretty superhuman soak. Dude gets shot off the top of the Continental and hits fire escapes, and awnings on the way down without dying.
    But, but, but... magic suit?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    But, but, but... magic suit?
    I mean ... unless his head his covered in a tiny invisible suit ...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan