Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't know; a lot of stuff about OMD might well be phasing out, but I seriously doubt the marriage is ever coming back.
    You're far from the only one, but once upon a time Jason Todd and Bucky were believed to never be brought back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't even say celebrity status, although if this movie goes off without a hitch MJ might become more in-demand as an actress, but I think having a civilian perspective on the Marvel Universe and Spider-Man's world would be interesting for a book.
    MJ's not going to be a typical civilian, but there is possibility with her being in the entertainment industry. What is that like in the Marvel Universe (which might get a little meta)?

Another potential story engine is the support group for family and friends of superheroes.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I actually feel That the marriage will come back and that possibly Marvel is just saving it for a rainy day Incase sales hit a slump or something. Marvel touching on OMD again won’t happen though. I actually wanted them too which was why I was all for Kindred somehow having an OMD connection....
    I do not agree. If you look at the history of Spider-Man everything except Amazing Fantasy 15, Clone Saga and writers leaving.( like Ditko) is well planned in advance so they are not going to go to the marriage for sales purposes. It will come back when a writer ( Spencer I hope) wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I actually feel That the marriage will come back and that possibly Marvel is just saving it for a rainy day Incase sales hit a slump or something. Marvel touching on OMD again won’t happen though. I actually wanted them too which was why I was all for Kindred somehow having an OMD connection....
    Not so sure that's the case, but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    You're far from the only one, but once upon a time Jason Todd and Bucky were believed to never be brought back to life.
    I think the difference is that Marvel can just have them date and say "close enough," which you really can't do with the those examples.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

One thought on how to get this to sell really well: J. Scott Campbell involvement.

Marvel could offer him a lot of money to draw the first issue (which would generally sell pretty well regardless) and get some smaller features in later issues. It would be the equivalent of him illustrating a movie trailer or a magazine cover within the comic, as well as occasional back-ups.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If a Mary Jane monthly sells well enough, then sure why not.

I like Mary Jane, but I doubt that I would be interested in a monthly comic about her. But, I'm sure that MJ has her share of fans that would like to see a comic starring her. Every comic Marvel makes doesn't have to be just for me.
    And, it might help Marvel bring in some readers besides straight white guys such as myself. Marvel should be looking to expand their fan base.
    And I'm sure that there are comic readers who would rather read comics that just aren't about super heroes. An MJ comic could appeal to those readers also.
    Last edited by Thievery; 11-12-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    If a Mary Jane monthly sells well enough, then sure why not.

I like Mary Jane, but I doubt that I would be interested in a monthly comic about her. But, I'm sure that MJ has her share of fans that would like to see a comic starring her. Every comic Marvel makes doesn't have to be just for me.
    And, it might help Marvel bring in some readers besides straight white guys such as myself. Marvel should be looking to expand their fan base.
    And I'm sure that there are comic readers who would rather read comics that just aren't about super heroes. An MJ comic could appeal to those readers also.
    I am also a white straight guy, and Marvel is trying to be more diverse. Miles, MCU MJ, Silk, and Nick Fury are examples of this. But diversity for diversity's sake does not cut it. Spider-Man loves Mary Jane and Millie The Model were not exactly winners in the sales department, and I do not think people want to see Spider-Man characters turned into Archie characters (MJ and Felicia as Betty and Veronica would be read by me as many times as I have ever read Archie and for that matter Spider-Man loves Mary Jane: ZERO) .

I'd like to see them try a Mary Jane monthly, just so we can put this supposed magical pull the character has over sales to the test finally.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Mighty Member

As much as I love MJ, I think I'd prefer they leave it as a mini. They can bring back the title whenever they have a really great story to tell with MJ at the focus. No need to overexpose the character.

That being said, I'll probably support it regardless.

That's how Patsy Walker got started, back when Marvel was sort of competing with Archie while also doing the superhero thing.

Of course Patsy later became a superhero, and wasn't really associated with one to begin with.

Of course Lois Lane and other non-powered superhero girlfriends/wives have had monthlies too, even buddies like Jimmy Olsen as well.

Speaking of which, wonder if they can give Betty her own series again spun off of Immortal Hulk. "Red Harpy".
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-13-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One thought on how to get this to sell really well: J. Scott Campbell involvement.

Marvel could offer him a lot of money to draw the first issue (which would generally sell pretty well regardless) and get some smaller features in later issues. It would be the equivalent of him illustrating a movie trailer or a magazine cover within the comic, as well as occasional back-ups.
    I really doubt Marvel could get Campbell to draw full-on interiors for a book. I think just a page in that Marvel #1000 one-shot is the most you can get out of him beyond covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Speaking of which, wonder if they can give Betty her own series again spun off of Immortal Hulk. "Red Harpy".
    I don't think it would stand out as well compared to Red She-Hulk.