Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DCAU Wonder Woman

Let's discuss this controversial portrayal.

I think it's kind of amazing, in a ridiculous way, that it took them several seasons to establish the Lasso of Truth does what everyone in their mother knows it does, and we're talking about an essential element for one of their main characters.

Which I guess goes to show you some of the thought process that went into Wonder Woman in the DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's kind of amazing, in a ridiculous way, that it took them several seasons to establish the Lasso of Truth does what everyone in their mother knows it does, and we're talking about an essential element for one of their main characters.

Which I guess goes to show you some of the thought process that went into Wonder Woman in the DCAU.
    Honestly? I can't condemn them for it. Who has done better than the DCAU?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly? I can't condemn them for it. Who has done better than the DCAU?
    You mean with the Lasso? Pretty much every other adaptation. When it comes to adaptations in general, I'd say Young Justice, The Batman and Brave and the Bold can match the DCAU in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You mean with the Lasso? Pretty much every other adaptation. When it comes to adaptations in general, I'd say Young Justice, The Batman and Brave and the Bold can match the DCAU in quality.
    What did they do with it? I don't even remember seeing the lasso used in them.

They pretty much remembered it can make people tell the truth and didn't wait far too long to establish that as the DCAU did.

I'm 99% sure the Lasso of Truth's ability played into that episode of the Trinity fighting their Archenemies in Brave and the Bold.