Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Honestly, we need a Wonder Woman animated series to give her mythos and characters the breadth and depth they're cable of achieving.

After Batman, and alongside the Flash, I'd say Diana's adversaries and the ideas behind a bunch of her villains are far, far stronger than Green Lantern's and Superman's.

We just need someone to care and create compelling stories for Cheetah, The Mask, Blue Snowman, Zara, Eviless, Osira, Doctor Poison, Doctor Psycho, and a whole bunch of other character concepts in her rogues gallery.

Call me DC! I can see it all so clearly in my mind.
    I've been hoping since Warner Bros/DC started making good movies not starring Batman they'd finally green light shows not based off him like Wonder Woman or Shazam.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I've started watching She-Ra again on Netflix after losing interest after the first few episodes for whatever reason (even though I liked them). I don't know why I stopped, this is a damn good kids cartoon. I'm not the main target audience (and beyond thinking the basic concept is cool, have never watched the original show) but it's scratching the itch that a Wonder Woman cartoon should exist to scratch. I think it's the closest thing I will get for now.

If a smaller property like She-Ra can do pretty well, I don't see why we can't get a Wonder Woman cartoon in the same vein. The DTVs are for a more niche audience I think, she really needs a kid friendly animated series that isn't dumbed down in the writing department. And they would NEED to take notes on Adora and Catra's dynamic for Diana and Barbara Ann.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Some have speculated this Apokolips War is going to be the end of this current animated universe, and I really hope so. Not going to lie, although I thought Bloodlines was okay, it really did nag on my mind that I was watching a lame jobber Diana who'd already been crushed by Doomsday and humiliated multiple other times.
    And, hey, looks like the worst is yet to come!
    Yup, good riddance. Honestly, this version is even worse than DCAU.

Good:

-Susan Eisenberg's voice is perfect for the role.
    -Her meeting with Steve Trevor was handled perfectly.
    -Diana questioning Man's World, rigid beauty standards and people's weird hang ups about how she dresses.
    -Having her be the one to deliver the finishing blow to Mongul in the adaption for 'For The Man Who Has Everything' was a good change.
    -Whenever she tried to negotiate or a compassionate approach before resorting to fisticuffs. It felt like this Diana was genuinely confused and tried to understand Man's World (and alien worlds) and was only aggressive as a reaction to having a bad day or being pushed.
    -Diana freeing Hawkgirl from the latter's cell despite being mad at her betrayal and then fighting off most of the Thanagarian army by herself.

Bad:

-They didn't get into her head a lot. She was left out of episodes like 'Only A Dream' and 'Comfort & Joy' which could have fleshed out her fears and what she did in her spare time.
    -Her villains weren't done well at all. Cheetah was a throwaway villain and latter adaptations only ever made her a physical threat to Diana. Ares was only used once and didn't feel 'big' at all unlike Darkseid. Giganta had a great design, personality and voice but came across more as a lackey to Grodd than a villain her own right. You would be forgiven for thinking that she was more of a Flash villain than a Wonder Woman villain. I found the Superfriends origin for Giganta to be more intriguing. Circe was fun but she fought Batman and Zatanna more than WW. I'm not even going to touch Hades.
    -Diana attempting to steal Hawkgirl's mace. They did make up after but that was annoying. I was willing to buy that Diana, who grew up with sisters that she could trust and get along with for most of her life would feel incredibly hurt by a betrayal from a fellow sister but the mace thing kills any moral high ground she may have had.

-The writers clearly had no idea about Greek Mythology. Dini did somewhat but he spent most of his episode focusing on Batman and Zatanna.

They also utilized a shorthand for her origin; having her runaway from island to save Man's World. I guess they figured that it makes her heroic for running off to save the world despite the wishes of her mother. But it only works up to that point. They should have brought in the competition and more of her lore with recognizable villain instead of that Hades/Hippolyta romance angle they tried to push.

I was ok with the mace thing because it was used as a way to show that Diana didn't trust her with one of the few weapons on Earth that could actually hurt most of the League.

So far we don't know where they might go. With Bloodline, they went for current Rebirth. With the new universe who knows. Maybe the new Superman movie that's the start of the new Animated universe

Eisenberg's a good voice for the character but it's shame this and Injustice have been the main things she's voiced the character in.

Bruce Timm did say they were thinking about doing a Wonder Woman animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Eisenberg's a good voice for the character but it's shame this and Injustice have been the main things she's voiced the character in.
    Well, she's done a few of the DC Animated Feature films as Diana .

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Bruce Timm did say they were thinking about doing a Wonder Woman animated series.
    I can't really say I'd be interested in a Timm-helmed Wonder Woman show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she's done a few of the DC Animated Feature films as Diana .
    Yes, though unfortunately not much as a solo character.

Fantastic Member

Never got what they were going for with the DCAU Wonder woman or any of characters!! I hated how they powered all the superheroes down in the animated series on the cartoon network!! I've never been a fan of WW and BM being a couple!! All the WW and JL movies that have come out the past few years have been very disappointing!!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-12-2020 at 12:14 PM.