View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I still don't know what book y'all read cuz he went to Jean after he spoke to Ororo first but he chickened out.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thank you for posting this. Jean accentuated that ororo would say no by her response to forge and she was completely wrong.
    LMAO. Forge already basically doesn't care what Storm really feels by the scans. How can you say that Storm may believe she loves me but does she. So Forge didn't have enough respect for Ororo that he thought she was convincing herself that she loved him. LMAO. If that isn't a man LOOKING for a way out i don't know what is. If he thinks Storm believes she loved him, what does it matter what Jean thinks. No, the man wanted to be told Storm didn't love him and Jean wasn't biting. You go Jean! That looks like a real best friend to me. She couldn't look at Forge being a waste of a man and looked away. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    1001 is not canon. That pic has so many contradictions in it. Storm is powerless, which would place it pre UXM 250 but that makes no sense bc Jubilee is there and she was hidden with none of the X-men knowing she existed. Jean is wearing her X-Factor costume, which she stopped right after X-Tinction Agenda. Gambit is also there and he met a child Storm, whom had her powers. Xavier didnt get that hoverchair until X-men #1 a couple of years later. Nothing about this scene makes sense with 616 canon
    Well damn! Havok83 be like:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    A real friend would also have given Ororo a heads up about the situation. Hoes over bros.
    right!!! that's actually a great point. this bish didnt even do that. I cant with her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

storm wasnt powerless in that scan, she was making it rain. this occurred right after Jean returned as she is in her costume used in xfactor. storm was already grown by this period well after she met gambit. so it does align to canon.

it still had all of Jean's memories and thoughts. that isnt an excuse

Jean's response implied ororo didnt love forge which was false.
    Jean was not in her X-Factor costume post X-men #1 which is the only time these characters were all teammates together. Storm also didnt have short hair during that time. It doesnt fit

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    A real friend would also have given Ororo a heads up about the situation. Hoes over bros.
    Thank god she didn't. I did not need to see Storm trying to convince Forge she really does love him despite what he believes. Isn't he the man who shot her and took her powers away? Sounds like no matter what he wouldn't have believed it so why even put your girl in that position. Let the man kick rocks.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    LMAO. Forge already basically doesn't care what Storm really feels by the scans. How can you say that Storm may believe she loves me but does she. So Forge didn't have enough respect for Ororo that he thought she was convincing herself that she loved him. LMAO. If that isn't a man LOOKING for a way out i don't know what is. If he thinks Storm believes she loved him, what does it matter what Jean thinks. No, the man wanted to be told Storm didn't love him and Jean wasn't biting. You go Jean! That looks like a real best friend to me. She couldn't look at Forge being a waste of a man and looked away. lol
    OMG that's 100% how I read the scene back then! He was looking for an out! No matter what Jean did or said he was gonna stomp off anyway. Peace!

right!!! that's actually a great point. this bish didnt even do that. I cant with her.
    She did but it was telepathic so you couldn't see it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I feel Havok is the only one who read MC1001
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    OMG that's 100% how I read the scene back then! He was looking for an out! No matter what Jean did or said he was gonna stomp off anyway. Peace!

She did but it was telepathic so you couldn't see it.
    Which is only backed up by the fact that he didn't go talk to her. You love this woman so much, you want her so much, you rather walk away over her best friend not saying anything than actually having an adult conversation with her. It doesn't even make any sense to me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Butterflykyss just accept that you don’t like that Storm considers Jean Grey her best friend, rather than all these ridiculous reaches you keep trying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I feel Havok is the only one who read MC1001
    I read it and it was made clear by Jubilee that Storm's powers were on the fritz. It could have been tongue and cheek or it could have been Jean experiencing parts of Maddie as she had her X-factor outfit on. I might be a little annoyed too if everywhere i go, for who knows how long, im stuck in the dark rains and clouds cause someone who affects the weather is an emotional wreck. Its nice to know some people are the perfect friends and have NEVER said a bad word about or to a friend in ever. I need to meet more of those people, but then i'm not sure i would trust that kind of person.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean was not in her X-Factor costume post X-men #1 which is the only time these characters were all teammates together. Storm also didnt have short hair during that time. It doesnt fit
    it may not fit for whatever reason but these stories are canon:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/the-marve...-house-of-x-3/

Jones: I have to agree with you. I was pleasantly surprised to see a relatively focused, 80-plus page one-shot. When the series wasn’t focused around the main plot, it took the time to flesh out important characters and moments in Marvel history.

we have to stop making excuses for Jean when its evident she had shady feelings as it relates to ororo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Which is only backed up by the fact that he didn't go talk to her. You love this woman so much, you want her so much, you rather walk away over her best friend not saying anything than actually having an adult conversation with her. It doesn't even make any sense to me.
    Co-signed.

we have to stop making excuses for Jean when its evident she had shady feelings as it relates to ororo.
    Eh but I don't think having shady feelings is a crime. I've cursed out my friends in my head plenty of times.

it may not fit for whatever reason but these stories are canon:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/the-marve...-house-of-x-3/

Jones: I have to agree with you. I was pleasantly surprised to see a relatively focused, 80-plus page one-shot. When the series wasn’t focused around the main plot, it took the time to flesh out important characters and moments in Marvel history.

Nothing about that proves that its canon and its so inconsquential that I dont see the need to have it accepted as such