View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This whole thread Issa mess! Lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Jean is the established good girl in the group dynamic. Good girls are enticing targets. She comes off saintly, so we wanna see her be bad. We want to see her pulled into the gutter and act like an animal. And then put a prestine dress on and go back to acting like a saint. The dichotomy of it all is blissful. She is THE redhead...
    This I understand and agree with. She needs to have a darker side but to say that cyclops **** ups are her fault is some Mr Fantastic reach.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    he also established that she had hidden racist fantasies towards ororo.
    Im not saying I agree with this statement but two people can be best friends even if one has some sort of subconscious or conscious racial ideas they are dealing with.

Is that scenario messed up? Totally. But it’s not disqualifying. People have all kinds of thoughts- sometimes they probably have thoughts about their best friends that aren’t great.

If someone decides someone else is their best friend, than they are their best friend. It’s as simple as that.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed

No that was definitely Jean. it was her thoughts and desires. and all the instances are posted are canon. my problem is Jean has inner thoughts about ororo she has never shared therefore there friendship seems to hinge around a huge lie. it's not authentic

no yukio is her best friend, ororo is straight and the scans I've posted demonstrate Jean is fake.
    Even if jean was fake, ororo could still deem her to be her best friend.

A more appropriate thread Topic, based on what you are discussing, would be “is jean fake?”, “does jean have racist tendencies”, or something like that.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

You can consider someone a best friend if you haven’t seen or spoken to them in years, even if you’ve made new friends who you spend lots of time with.

I see a lot of people projecting their idea of a “best friend” onto storm. You’re not her.

Sorry for
    Multiposts: iPhone can be nightmare to multi quote.

BANNED

Storm deserves a better friend than Jean.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Storm deserves a better friend than Jean.
    Storm can do without the drama of Jean's life (and deaths), that's for sure. Oh, I'm in a love triangle! Oh, an ex-villain is dating my ex-boyfriend! Oh, I'm dead, again! Oh, blah-blah Phoenix-drama! Oh, I have yet another child from an alternate mutant dystopian future hanging around and have NO idea how to deal with all these grown ups thinking that I'm their mommy (and resenting me for not feeling particularly maternal to them)!

Whatever Jean. Take a valium. Your life is whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Storm can do without the drama of Jean's life (and deaths), that's for sure. Oh, I'm in a love triangle! Oh, an ex-villain is dating my ex-boyfriend! Oh, I'm dead, again! Oh, blah-blah Phoenix-drama! Oh, I have yet another child from an alternate mutant dystopian future hanging around and have NO idea how to deal with all these grown ups thinking that I'm their mommy (and resenting me for not feeling particularly maternal to them)!

Storm would be a terrible friend, if she wasn't there for Jean and all of her life's drama. If you're a friend just for the good moments, you're not a friend.
    Good that Ororo is a great heart. And I love her friendship with Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Also those slave panels are highly offensive. Trying to reconcile a friendship between two characters when one physically abused the other because she was black is pretty disgusting and tone deaf imo, brainwashed or not.

Some people are forgetting that the story is about turning Jean into Dark Phoenix. Not into Mary Poppins.
    So yes, Jean has some evil roots inside her, she's not all perfect. But she's trying to give the best she can. She's trying to be the best version of her. Part of her story was to redeem horrible things Dark Phoenix and the black Queen did. And Storm is mature enough to understand, forgive, and not throw away all their relationships for that.

BANNED

Did it ever show Jean apologise to Storm for her racial abuse? Honestly, the friendship should have died after this. Good thing Storm is the bigger woman.

Of course in that case, Storm is the bigger woman. She's not immature, and she won't hold a grudge against a woman she loves like a sister.
    Forgiving, redeeming, are parts of great characters evolution.

The scan you posted demonstrated nothing than your personal opinion...

Ignoring all the Jean-bashing derailment, I think some people's arguments are based on the false premise that best friends are perfect and never do things to intentionally or unintentionally hurt each other. Ororo has made it clear time and again Jean is her best friend. It doesn't matter if Jean has hurt her in some way, or she's spent more time with some of the other female X-Men, or she's been more intimate with others. Ororo feels that Jean is her best friend. That's really all there is to it.

I'm pretty sure everyone here had already read Dark Phoenix saga ages ago. And no one thought Jean was racist until Leah Williams said/implied that on twitter. Why are y'all suddenly acting like you never knew about that scene before? It's literally so dumb.