View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Some fans here are not using some scans to explain why they hate a character. They hate a character, and then dig up some old stories to justify their hate, ignoring all the good things, and focusing only on few bad ones. Biased. And by the way, I hope you know that characters don't have lives of their own ? I mean, it's just different writers making them speak ? Hence a lot of inconsistencies, incoherences. You can pick up whatever you like. The great or the awful. Some people just like drama, isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Some fans here are not using some scans to explain why they hate a character. They hate a character, and then dig up some old stories to justify their hate, ignoring all the good things, and focusing only on few bad ones. Biased. And by the way, I hope you know that characters don't have lives of their own ? I mean, it's just different writers making them speak ? Hence a lot of inconsistencies, incoherences. You can pick up whatever you like. The great or the awful. Some people just like drama, isn't it ?
    Hey! Easy with the rational thinking around here, ok?!

Here's the thing:

Our girls have chosen to sit together as family. So until we see/hear otherwise, they are as close as ever and we can choose to accept it or not.

EDIT: Eyes up, Kurt!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nothing about that proves that its canon and its so inconsquential that I dont see the need to have it accepted as such
    the writers state these are stories to flesh out stories in marvel history. that in itself is retcon of canon my friend.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Here's the thing:

Our girls have chosen to sit together as family. So until we see/hear otherwise, they are as close as ever and we can choose to accept it or not.

EDIT: Eyes up, Kurt!
    they can sit as family because Jean jasnt disclosed all the shady behavior as it relates to ororo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they can sit as family because Jean jasnt disclosed all the shady behavior as it relates to ororo.
    That's essentially saying Ororo is dumb.

That's essentially saying Ororo is dumb.
    how can she be mad at Jean for things she doesnt know?

When it involves irrational hate, there is no reason to take it easy. I mean, creating threads just to bash a character... Isn't that called trolling ?

The fact that she's as naive and oblivious to things that have been going on for as long as you suggest makes her stupid. Like literally zero intuition and life experience

lol storm fans are gonna blow up when ororo and emma end up being friends and close allies by maruaders’ finale

When it involves irrational hate, there is no reason to take it easy. I mean, creating threads just to bash a character... Isn't that called trolling ?
    I was kidding, my friend. All love! I agree with everything you wrote.

do you know everything your "best friends" think about you when your not around? By that logic does anyone really have a best friend? lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lol storm fans are gonna blow up when ororo and emma end up being friends and close allies by maruaders’ finale
    I hope it happens. You don't know how much i hope it happens. I am so ready for Storm and Emma to finally move on though i do have to admit every time Storm tries Emma stabs her in the back like in X-men Black so Emma does need to meet her at least half way.

All i ask for is some consistency for it to work.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-11-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

let's be clear. I'm nor ignoring the good things. I understand they have a great friendship but not one based around honesty. when did Jean tell ororo I apologize for holding racist thoughts against ororo? when did Jean apologize for her part in forge breaking off with ororo? when did Jean say I shouldn't have made you feel inadequate for not being adjusted to the norms of America? ororo does love Jean I dont deny that and I know Jean loves her but it doesnt mean Jean has been the best friend she should or could have been towards Ororo.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-11-2019 at 01:44 PM.

I was kidding, my friend. All love! I agree with everything you wrote.
    Thanks. I didn't read the sarcasm (my bad). Maybe I'm kind of surprised, because there are so many things to talk about with this new books era. I am surprised that some fans prefer to create topics to troll a fanbase. I understand that we can agree/disagree on a character. But I don't get it. I mean, I don't get the hate. Maybe I am the problem.

Or maybe Jean is such a great character, that she makes some of her haters quite obsessive.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I hope it happens. You don't know how much i hope it happens. I am so ready for Storm and Emma to finally move on though i do have to admit everytime Storm tries Emma stabs her in the back like in X-men Black so Emma does need to meet her at least half way.
    Reminds me of how tense things were doing the beginning of Uncanny Avengers where Rogue hated Synapse’s guts and they ended up being sisters-in-arms. I can see Giant-Sized + their tenure together during Marauders will mend their tension, especially because Duggan is playing it up so much. I think we’ll probably see some vulnerability and resolve from Emma that may help Ororo see things from her perspective.