View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Nice right hand, but that's not enough to beat up Storm. Not unless she low blows.
    Changing the goal posts on us.

Not good enough to hand to hand fight storm isn’t the same as not being able to hand to hand.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Changing the goal posts on us.

Not good enough to hand to hand fight storm isn’t the same as not being able to hand to hand.
    Bravo. You proved him wrong, so he had to come up with an other excuse. Well played.

BANNED

Storm would drag Jean by her wig all across Westchester. Lets not play.

I would like to thank Jean haters. Well, partially. Thanks for giving Jean the importance she deserves.
    To be ignored, you have to be quite non-existent. Jean is a huge part of the X-Men history. She can’t be ignored. Dead or alive, people talk about her. In good, in bad, they talk and talk.

Yes, Jean is not a character that everybody can love. But she’s a character than no-one can forget.
    Last edited by franckd; 11-14-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Storm would drag Jean by her wig all across Westchester. Lets not play.
    lol pretty much. I’m glad this would probably never happen in comics (best sisters from another mother imho), but yeah I think a hand to hand fight Between them would end with Jean sent screaming back into that WHR.

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    lol pretty much. I’m glad this would probably never happen in comics (best sisters from another mother imho), but yeah I think a hand to hand fight Between them would end with Jean sent screaming back into that WHR.
    And who are back to "who is the best"contest....so immature

Actually I m quite amaze that 30 yo/40yo guys behave like they're eight... Do reading comics make people immature? Or are immature guys attracted by comics?
    That's kind of sad. We're in a rich X era with Hickman and the DoX line. And yet, some fans just care about their fav being better than anyone.
    Last edited by franckd; 11-15-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed

No that was definitely Jean. it was her thoughts and desires. and all the instances are posted are canon. my problem is Jean has inner thoughts about ororo she has never shared therefore there friendship seems to hinge around a huge lie. it's not authentic

no yukio is her best friend, ororo is straight and the scans I've posted demonstrate Jean is fake.

Um, how is this NOT considered blasphemy amongst fans of Storm?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Actually I m quite amaze that 30 yo/40yo guys behave like they're eight... Do reading comics make people immature? Or are immature guys attracted by comics?
    That's kind of sad. We're in a rich X era with Hickman and the DoX line. And yet, some fans just care about their fav being better than anyone.
    I doubt most of these haters are past 25 yet.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I doubt most of these haters are past 25 yet.
    I really hope for them they are closer to 18 than 40.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    One of the things I'm hoping to see in the Jean/Emma one shot...(they are rescuing Storm after all).
    Not with that stilted writing Hickman has been delivering, I pray I'm wrong a issue with Jean, Emma, and Ororo could be iconic. I have not read the issue but I can guarantee it wil not be what most of us are hoping for...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IDA about Ororo taking Jean's death hard. Its one of the issues I had with Jean's death as most characters moved on with their lives rather quickly and didnt really reflect on her, Storm included

Honestly, I thought this was more editorially motivated, Jean dies at the end of NXM, there's the two issues by another writer. Then the franchise as a whole jumps right into the Cyke/Emma narrative, as much as Emma complained during that time about NOT being immediately accepted. Outside of maybe Logan and Rachel who cared about her joining the X-men, Kitty is the closest but that was based on the content of Emma's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Honestly, I thought this was more editorially motivated, Jean dies at the end of NXM, there's the two issues by another writer. Then the franchise as a whole jumps right into the Cyke/Emma narrative, as much as Emma complained during that time about NOT being immediately accepted. Outside of maybe Logan and Rachel who cared about her joining the X-men, Kitty is the closest but that was based on the content of Emma's character.
    Yeah but Claremont is the one that got control of Storm following Jean’s death and he had Rachel affected and Jean’s death was something that followed her for most of that run. I don’t recall her ever bonding or reflecting with Storm, which would have made sense. Instead, Jean was a relative nonfactor to her save for one issue where she appeared to Storm before her wedding. I'll agree with you on the other characters though as it was bizarre how much of a footnote Jean was in that era. Not even Cable got to mourn. I also hated how we never got a funeral for her, but instead the aftermath which was that infamous scene of Scott/Emma. Even Joseph got a damn funeral issue. Marvel was so disrespectful to Jean and her fans back then
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-15-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah but Claremont is the one that got control of Storm following Jean’s death and he had Rachel affected and Jean’s death was something that followed her for most of that run. I don’t recall her ever bonding or reflecting with Storm, which would have made sense. Instead, Jean was a relative nonfactor to her save for one issue where she appeared to Storm before her wedding. I'll agree with you on the other characters though as it was bizarre how much of a footnote Jean was in that era. Not even Cable got to mourn. I also hated how we never got a funeral for her, but instead the aftermath which was that infamous scene of Scott/Emma. Even Joseph got a damn funeral issue. Marvel was so disrespectful to Jean and her fans back then
    Writers and marvel didn't wanted to fans mourn Jean, since they wanted Emma and Scott to look good.

They just skipped the funeral and characters move on. That is why I raise a eyebrow when people say that she dead is more important. aham

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Not with that stilted writing Hickman has been delivering, I pray I'm wrong a issue with Jean, Emma, and Ororo could be iconic. I have not read the issue but I can guarantee it wil not be what most of us are hoping for...

It will be what MOST fans want. It won't have Emma dying a slow, cruel, and horrible death at Jean's hands, so the most vocal people on here won't be happy about it, but that's about it. That same contingent won't be happy about ANY outcome other than that for the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Writers and marvel didn't wanted to fans mourn Jean, since they wanted Emma and Scott to look good.

They just skipped the funeral and characters move on. That is why I raise a eyebrow when people say that she dead is more important. aham
    Didnt Morrisson plan to bring Jean back in the next arc before leaving due to editorial conflict?