View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JanBlackfyre View Post
    Right, Jean has been in love with Wolverine for decades and on different media and universes.
    She even said on X-men Red Wolverine was one of the men she loved, we know she is doing it with Wolverine. But of course that isn't convenient.
    We don't have actual proof yet that Wolverine and Jean are sleeping together or that Scott and Emma are either. So, until then, the only conclusive proof we have is from Uncanny #22 where Jean sees Scott alive again and she walks right past Wolverine without even looking at him and she makes out with Scott in front of both Logan and Emma. Outside of AU's Jean has always chosen Scott.

BANNED

Listen, I don't really care if Jean is with Wolverine but I do care when people start trashing Cyclops like he is the bad guy. Dude makes mistakes, a ton but so did Jean.

If my wife was looking another guy to kiss I would feel bad too. What Cyclops did with Emma was wrong at the time, but so was Jean and people only blame Cyclops for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    We don't have actual proof yet that Wolverine and Jean are sleeping together or that Scott and Emma are either. So, until then, the only conclusive proof we have is from Uncanny #22 where Jean sees Scott alive again and she walks right past Wolverine without even looking at him and she makes out with Scott in front of both Logan and Emma. Outside of AU's Jean has always chosen Scott.

Lmao Jeans leg position means she’s in mood for more than just making out
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Listen, I don't really care if Jean is with Wolverine but I do care when people start trashing Cyclops like he is the bad guy. Dude makes mistakes, a ton but so did Jean.

If my wife was looking another guy to kiss I would feel bad too. What Cyclops did with Emma was wrong at the time, but so was Jean and people only blame Cyclops for everything.
    They both had attraction towards others (which is normal) but one of em actually acted upon their attraction and had an affair. He isn’t innocent as you claim.

BANNED

God this thread got derailed again. This was supposed to be about Jean and Storm

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    They both had attraction towards others (which is normal) but one of em actually acted upon their attraction and had an affair. He isn’t innocent as you claim.
    Jean tried to as well. Logan shut her down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Never said he was, just that Jean messed up too, before, for years. Probably on a lesser scale.

But I'm tired and this thread became about everything but what it was supposed to be about

good night
    Last edited by JanBlackfyre; 11-10-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Jean tried to as well. Logan shut her down.
    Her intention was to cheat but she didn’t. Cyclops did cheat though. I did say she was semi-faithful.

That’s why I’m all for the poly relationship, it will solve everything.

Never said he was, just that Jean messed up to before, for years. Probably on a lesser scale.

But I'm tired and this thread became about everything but what it was supposed to be about

good night
    I don’t think she messed up for years.

Good night. No hard feelings

Astonishing Member

A part of me is curious how a Thread about Jean and storms friendship turn into A Thread about jeans love life but somehow the Jean Rabbit Hole always leads there.

*sigh*

Ultimate Member

Keep in mind that Cyclops character was destroyed with the Maddie fiasco so Marvel could bring Jean back, it was Cyclops again who had to be the bad guy.
    [tangent] The decision to bring Jean back for the (IMO, terrible) X-Factor series of mutants-who-hunt-other-mutants-cause-how-can-this-go-wrong bullpuckey was kind of crappy. The way they did it was even worse, shoving Madelyne (and the baby) aside like that, and then turning her into some vengeful demon-queen.

I didn't want Jean's noble death on the moon undone at all, but if it had to happen, for some editorially mandated 'get the O5 back together again for nostalgia-wank-fest!', Maddy turning out to have been a recreation of Jean's body by the Phoenix Force, sent off to live it's own life, and only now re-awakening into her memories of her life before as Jean, would have been better, I think, allowing neither Scott nor Maddy to come off as villains (or just crappy spouses, nor Jean into the ultimate home-wrecker), and Scott to have gotten back together with Jean.

Alternately, Jean comes back, and Scott remains with Maddy and their son, despite adventuring with Jean, allowing Jean to explore something new, like some time alone, or a relationship with Warren, or whatever. Angst abounds, but no 'drops wife and son like hot potatoes to reconnect with recently returned ex.' [/tangent]

Anywho, Jean and 'Ro. Besties, in text, even if not always shown as such. I'd definitely like to see that more in picture and less in words (or the lack of it in pictures addressed in text, with one asking the other 'I remember when we were best friends. What happened to us? Have we changed that much?').

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    A part of me is curious how a Thread about Jean and storms friendship turn into A Thread about jeans love life but somehow the Jean Rabbit Hole always leads there.

*sigh*
    It's a function of her being completely entrapped in another singular character's narrative. No time for other relationships, with Storm or otherwise, when you're busy being a corpse so the main character can cry about it.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    If you are going to not like a character, that is up to you. At least do so for honest reasons instead of misrepresenting certain panels out of context. Whether it is intentional or not, it comes off as dishonest.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's the X-boards."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's a function of her being completely entrapped in another singular character's narrative. No time for other relationships, with Storm or otherwise, when you're busy being a corpse so the main character can cry about it.
    She's been back for almost two years now. And that isn't counting Jeen. At some point, the Jean fans are gonna have to stop blaming Morrison for every little thing.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

*sigh*
    Jean is the established good girl in the group dynamic. Good girls are enticing targets. She comes off saintly, so we wanna see her be bad. We want to see her pulled into the gutter and act like an animal. And then put a prestine dress on and go back to acting like a saint. The dichotomy of it all is blissful. She is THE redhead...
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Jean is the established good girl in the group dynamic. Good girls are enticing targets. She comes off saintly, so we wanna see her be bad. We want to see her pulled into the gutter and act like an animal. And then put a prestine dress on and go back to acting like a saint. The dichotomy of it all is blissful. She is THE redhead...
    Naw Willow was better