View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

this thread is ridiculous
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how would ororo know about her inner dark desires? that's something Jean has masked from ororo and wasnt brought to the surface until the dp saga.

ororo did dodge the bullet I completely agree but was it Jean's right to interject her personal opinions on the matter, which by the way were wrong.

ororo apparently left the xmen for a brief time for reasons not explained in marvel 1001. the scan is posted in the OP.

I'm sure he had his reservations but Jean didnt help that situation lolol. she should have stayed out of it.
    You know. As a black man, I can clock people and their racist subtext even if they arent outright with it. I cant imagine ever being best friends with a white person for a decade and being completely oblivious to that. Jean isnt some stranger she's passively encountered over the years. She'd be able to tell and it says alot about her if Jean is in fact racist and she's too stupid and/or weak to have never noticed or ignored it in order to fit in.

Jean did not interject in Forge's relationship with Storm. She was having a casual conversation with him and he tried to get her to betray her friend's privacy. She didnt do that and he made his own assumptions and ran with them. I fail to see how she was in the wrong by refusing to play his manipulative game.

Again Marvel 1001 is not canon so it doesnt need to be brought up for this discussion.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm sure he had his reservations but Jean didnt help that situation lolol. she should have stayed out of it.
    Umm. He went to her!!! He dragged her into it and she told him I can't speak for Ororo. What books do you and Leah read?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Umm. He went to her!!! He dragged her into it and she told him I can't speak for Ororo. What books do you and Leah read?
    Yeah after he grabbed and yelled at her. WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah after he grabbed and yelled at her. WTH?

Bro, if you have to ask, the answer is no. I don't recall the next panel but hopefully he's off to build a spine.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

You know. As a black man, I can clock people and their racist subtext even if they arent outright with it. I cant imagine ever being best friends with a white person for a decade and being completely oblivious to that. Jean isnt some stranger she's passively encountered over the years. She'd be able to tell and it says alot about her if Jean is in fact racist and she's too stupid and/or weak to have never noticed or ignored it in order to fit in.

Jean did not interject in Forge's relationship with Storm. She was having a casual conversation with him and he tried to get her to betray her friend's privacy. She didnt do that and he made his own assumptions and ran with them. I fail to see how she was in the wrong by refusing to play his manipulative game.

Again Marvel 1001 is not canon so it doesnt need to be brought up for this discussion.
    marvel 1001 is canon boo. all the stories in there have been.

she should have said this is not my place to tell you what ororo thinks or feels. if you have questions go to her.

if ororo couldnt tell or didnt try to follow up after she referred to ororo as a slave that's a reflection on ororos willingness to see the good in people. I'm not saying that was bad of ororo but what I am asking is can Jean truly be her best friend when she has harbored I'll feelings against ororo regarding her race. I don't think she fully can be until such feelings are addressed which they never have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    her silence when he asked her how did ororo feel about him spoke volumes. that is what he used to seal the deal in ending the proposal.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Bro, if you have to ask, the answer is no. I don't recall the next panel but hopefully he's off to build a spine.
    thank you for posting this. Jean accentuated that ororo would say no by her response to forge and she was completely wrong.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

thank you for posting this. Jean accentuated that ororo would say no by her response to forge and she was completely wrong.
    But was she supposed to lie to him? He totally put her in an awkward situation because HE was not sure Ororo loved him. That's on him, IMO.

P.S. He was also asking her to read Ororo's mind and share her private thoughts to him. No, sir. Goodbye.
    Last edited by JB; 11-11-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

The only constants in comics are Uncle Ben died and Jean was actually the victim no matter the circumstances.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This is the same damn thread that used Jean reading Ororo's mind by accident as a point against them being friends and then when she chooses not to she's still a bad friend.

Y'all thots need to get your stories straight.
    "Cable was right!"

marvel 1001 is canon boo. all the stories in there have been.

she should have said this is not my place to tell you what ororo thinks or feels. if you have questions go to her.

if ororo couldnt tell or didnt try to follow up after she referred to ororo as a slave that's a reflection on ororos willingness to see the good in people. I'm not saying that was bad of ororo but what I am asking is can Jean truly be her best friend when she has harbored I'll feelings against ororo regarding her race. I don't think she fully can be until such feelings are addressed which they never have been.

her silence when he asked her how did ororo feel about him spoke volumes. that is what he used to seal the deal in ending the proposal.
    Thats pretty much what Jean did tell Forge. She did not answer for Ororo but Forge took her non-answer and ran with it. The only other alternative would be to flat out lie to him but she chose to stay out of it.

No prize answer? That wasnt Jean but the Phoenix Force. It cloned Jean and had an imprint of her, but it started to lose its humanity in the DPS. It doesnt even matter. Mastermind and Emma had messed with her head and completely manipulated the circumstances. Thats not consistent with anything thats been shown in any normal situation

1001 is not canon. That pic has so many contradictions in it. Storm is powerless, which would place it pre UXM 250 but that makes no sense bc Jubilee is there and she was hidden with none of the X-men knowing she existed. Jean is wearing her X-Factor costume, which she stopped right after X-Tinction Agenda. Gambit is also there and he met a child Storm, whom had her powers. Xavier didnt get that hoverchair until X-men #1 a couple of years later. Nothing about this scene makes sense with 616 canon
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-11-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    But was she supposed to lie to him? He totally put her in an awkward situation because HE was not sure Ororo loved him. That's on him, IMO.

P.S. He was also asking her to read Ororo's mind and share her private thoughts to him. No, sir. Goodbye.
    He asked her does Storm love him. Then she sadly turns away saying it isnt her place to say. it wasnt about reading her mind at that point. and again all Jean should have said was talk to ororo as I cannot and will not speak for her. yes forge is an ass and will forever be in my eyes but Jean wasnt innocent here.

BANNED

There is nothing about Jean detailing to Storm the memories she picked from her brain to indicate it was accidental. Nice headcanon tho.

BANNED

He asked her does Storm love him. Then she sadly turns away saying it isnt her place to say. it wasnt about reading her mind at that point. and again all Jean should have said was talk to ororo as I cannot and will not speak for her. yes forge is an ass and will forever be in my eyes but Jean wasnt innocent here.
    A real friend would also have given Ororo a heads up about the situation. Hoes over bros.

Thats pretty much what Jean did tell Forge. She did not answer for Ororo but Forge took her non-answer and ran with it. The only other alternative would be to flat out lie to him but she chose to stay out of it.

No prize answer? That wasnt Jean but the Phoenix Force. It cloned Jean and had an imprint of her, but it started to lose its humanity in the DPS

1001 is not canon. That pic has so many contradictions in it. Storm is powerless, which would place it pre UXM 250 but that makes no sense bc Jubilee is there and she was hidden with none of the X-men knowing she existed. Jean is wearing her X-Factor costume, which she stopped right after X-Tinction Agenda. Gambit is also there and he met a child Storm, whom had her powers. Xavier didnt get that hoverchair until X-men #1 a couple of years later. Nothing about this scene makes sense with 616 canon
    storm wasnt powerless in that scan, she was making it rain. that is why Jean was like let her go. this occurred right after Jean returned as she is in her costume used in xfactor. storm was already grown by this period and had her powers, which was well after she met gambit as a child. so it does align to canon.

it still had all of Jean's memories and thoughts. that isnt an excuse

Jean's response implied ororo didnt love forge which was false.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-11-2019 at 01:00 PM.