View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    He made his peace with Jean before dying. Not much drama to be had there but Id like to see Jean clash with the Mastermind sisters.
    It was a bad moment, that x-books should be ashamed. There isn't forgiveness for that

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was a bad moment, that x-books should be ashamed. There isn't forgiveness for that
    It was a sweet moment and showed how empathetic Jean is with a good heart. He was dying anyway so she gave him the peace he needed to move on. There was nothing to be gained by her denying him that and it would have been out of character of her to be that petty

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was a sweet moment and showed how empathetic Jean is with a good heart. He was dying anyway so she gave him the peace he needed to move on. There was nothing to be gained by her denying him that and it would have been out of character of her to be that petty
    That's not true Havok! She has a burning hatred and desire for everlasting vengeance against anyone who has ever remotely slighted her, no matter what else they've done!

/SARCASM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Writers put him on his deathbed. Rapists are th eonly ones that doesn't deserve forgiveness and writers gave him that. Not a good look for me

BANNED

What has Jean ever done to deserve such a (devoted) fan I wonder.

BANNED

Writers put him on his deathbed. Rapists are th eonly ones that doesn't deserve forgiveness and writers gave him that. Not a good look for me
    Was it ever confirmed he physically abused her? Or do you mean because of the psychic manipulation?

Was it ever confirmed he physically abused her? Or do you mean because of the psychic manipulation?
    It was heavily implied via psychic manipulation

She didn't have her full faculty to consent to those kisses because Mastermind took it away.

BANNED

It was heavily implied via psychic manipulation
    I usually understand the mening of your post but now Im confused. Are you saying it was implied he physically abused her while she was under his influence or that the mind control he subjected her to was comparable to rape?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    She didn't have her full faculty to consent to those kisses because Mastermind took it away.
    Which definitely qualify as sexual assault.

BANNED

I don't see how Jean is anyone's friend. She's never around and when she appears the scenes need to be about HER and HER ONLY! There is no room for friends in the panels.

I usually understand the mening of your post but now Im confused. Are you saying it was implied he physically abused her while she was under his influence or that the mind control he subjected her to was comparable to rape?
    A case could be made for both. Mastermind attempted against Scarlet witch one time, at least the comics code was used for something and we didn't got anything graphic
    Also Mastermind manipulation started much before Hellfire Club

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Storm is drawn with darker eyes and a wider nose when she's a slave compared to when she's a superhero. Did Jean draw the comics too?
    LMFAOOOO xD I can’t!
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Fantastic Member

lol this thread..

Agree. We all know Jean is empathic and forgiving and whatever... but Mastermind abused her, mentally and probably physically too. And all that led to Dark Phoenix, the destruction of a solar system and the end of her life.... and she was willing to perish alongside Mastermind?

She's supposed to be but I never bought her as such. Their friendship came out of nowhere, they barely even had any interaction before the Phoenix happened and suddenly they're as close as sisters?

And she's kind of a shitty friend too. "I didn't mean to read your mind it's your fault for thinking too loudly!" Not to mention she's always too busy being dead when you need her. And I always thought the thing with Forge was intentional on Jean's part. She just wanted to be the first to marry! "Best friends" pull this **** all the time.

I feel like Betsy is actually closer to Ororo in the grand scheme of things, but Claremont did write Ororo and Jean as especially close in his original run, so it's canon and occasionally revisited.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!