View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

thank you everyone for your responses. though the masses disagree I dont know how Jean could truly be her best friend when she harbors racist views against ororo. that's not what I would want in a best friend.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ya but written by the guy who made Storm "all the races" with animal-like eyes and fetishized by every villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Ya but written by the guy who made Storm "all the races" with animal-like eyes and fetishized by every villain.
    yea that was a mess but in the same issue he did have the cop say the very same issue she was a black girl.so I chalk that up to the doctor being ignorant.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I chalk a lot up to Claremont being ignorant about race.

that is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Ignoring all the Jean-bashing derailment, I think some people's arguments are based on the false premise that best friends are perfect and never do things to intentionally or unintentionally hurt each other. Ororo has made it clear time and again Jean is her best friend. It doesn't matter if Jean has hurt her in some way, or she's spent more time with some of the other female X-Men, or she's been more intimate with others. Ororo feels that Jean is her best friend. That's really all there is to it.
    Yes this.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone here had already read Dark Phoenix saga ages ago. And no one thought Jean was racist until Leah Williams said/implied that on twitter. Why are y'all suddenly acting like you never knew about that scene before? It's literally so dumb.
    What tweet
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The problem continues to be straight white heterosexual guys mostly write the X-men and that is reflected in numerous problematic moments throughout the X-men's history. It is not just the writers but the main editors, etc. Not to derail but this is why despite a big Scott Summers fan that I get annoyed that so many see him as Mr. X-man. His white heterosexual character is kind of the problem when the X-men should be about diversity. Making the book his story just doesn't fly when you have characters like Storm (and others) around. Again just my opinion that I know will trigger some (but it is not intentional, I'm just sharing my thoughts about these issues).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    The problem continues to be straight white heterosexual guys mostly write the X-men and that is reflected in numerous problematic moments throughout the X-men's history. It is not just the writers but the main editors, etc. Not to derail but this is why despite a big Scott Summers fan that I get annoyed that so many see him as Mr. X-man. His white heterosexual character is kind of the problem when the X-men should be about diversity. Making the book his story just doesn't fly when you have characters like Storm (and others) around. Again just my opinion that I know will trigger some (but it is not intentional, I'm just sharing my thoughts about these issues).

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thank you everyone for your responses. though the masses disagree I dont know how Jean could truly be her best friend when she harbors racist views against ororo. that's not what I would want in a best friend.
    Well you’re not storm. As someone else said, at this point your beef would be with storm’s judgment- as she deems jean to
    Be suitable enough for a best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Well you’re not storm. As someone else said, at this point your beef would be with storm’s judgment- as she deems jean to
    Be suitable enough for a best friend.
    storm doesnt know how Jean feels. does she know she has racist tendencies? does ororo know that Jean was the reason forge put of engaging to her? does she know Jean didnt give a rats arse that she left the team? of course ororo would see her in a favorable manner because she doesnt know what we know about jean: that she is two faced.

storm doesnt know how Jean feels. does she know she has racist tendencies? does ororo know that Jean was the reason forge put of engaging to her? does she know Jean didnt give a rats arse that she left the team? of course ororo would see her in a favorable manner because she doesnt know what we know about jean: that she is two faced.
    Storm has known Jean for at least a decade. Thats MORE than enough time to tell if someone is a racist. Storm has not been shown to percieve her to be one

Jean didnt do anything wrong in terms of Storm and Forge. Id say Storm dodged a bullet anyway bc Forge proved how little faith he had in her with his weak minded self

What time are you referring to in terms of Jean not caring about her leaving the team?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

LMAO. Forge was trying to exploit Jean for his needs. That was his own fault.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm has known Jean for at least a decade. Thats MORE than enough time to tell if someone is a racist. Storm has not been shown to percieve her to be one

Jean didnt do anything wrong in terms of Storm and Forge. Id say Storm dodged a bullet anyway bc Forge proved how little faith he had in her with his weak minded self

What time are you referring to in terms of Jean not caring about her leaving the team?
    how would ororo know about her inner dark desires? that's something Jean has masked from ororo and wasnt brought to the surface until the dp saga.

ororo did dodge the bullet I completely agree but was it Jean's right to interject her personal opinions on the matter, which by the way were wrong.

ororo apparently left the xmen for a brief time for reasons not explained in marvel 1001. the scan is posted in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    LMAO. Forge was trying to exploit Jean for his needs. That was his own fault.
    I'm sure he had his reservations but Jean didnt help that situation lolol. she should have stayed out of it.

ororo did dodge the bullet I completely agree but was it Jean's right to interject her personal opinions on the matter, which by the way were wrong.
    Haha my friends do it all the time
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!