View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lol storm fans are gonna blow up when ororo and emma end up being friends and close allies by maruaders’ finale
    Until then, more of this please!

Emma's hair! HA!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    let's be clear. I'm nor ignoring the good things. I understand they have a great friendship but nor knew based around honesty. when did Jean tell ororo I apologize for holding racist thoughts against ororo? when did Jean apologize for her part in forge breaking off with ororo? when did Jean say I shouldn't have made you feel inadequate for not being adjusted to norms of America? ororo does love Jean I dont deny that and I know Jean loves her but it doesnt mean Jean has been the best friend she should or could have been towards Ororo.
    Again it wasn't Jean. the moment Phoenix Jean had her first independent thought she ceased being a duplicate of Jean. We don't know how much the phoenix power corrupted FakeJean.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I hope it happens. You don't know how much i hope it happens. I am so ready for Storm and Emma to finally move on though i do have to admit every time Storm tries Emma stabs her in the back like in X-men Black so Emma does need to meet her at least half way.

All i ask for is some consistency for it to work.
    storm hates Emma per Jordan white. it ain't happening.

do you know everything your "best friends" think about you when your not around? By that logic does anyone really have a best friend? lol
    I know they are not racist and wouldnt talk to my lover without first telling me.. lol

lol storm fans are gonna blow up when ororo and emma end up being friends and close allies by maruaders’ finale
    white already acknowledged ororo hates Emma's guts. he gets ororo at least on that level.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I hope it happens. You don't know how much i hope it happens. I am so ready for Storm and Emma to finally move on though i do have to admit every time Storm tries Emma stabs her in the back like in X-men Black so Emma does need to meet her at least half way.

All i ask for is some consistency for it to work.
    do you know everything your "best friends" think about you when your not around? By that logic does anyone really have a best friend? lol
    Again it wasn't Jean. the moment Phoenix Jean had her first independent thought she ceased being a duplicate of Jean. We don't know how much the phoenix power corrupted FakeJean.
    the Phoenix copied her thoughts and memories. that's not an excuse.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I know they are not racist and wouldnt talk to my lover without first telling me.. lol

white already acknowledged ororo hates Emma's guts. he gets ororo at least on that level.
    LOL Jordan White has said a lot that hasn't happened and i don't take much of his word on Storm to heart when he couldn't even take the time to do her Q and A despite being in the same room but whatever makes you feel better. lol

Oh Jean seeked out Forge to talk to him? I guess i missed that story. What was he grabbing her for then? lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Jean didn't have cosmic power therefore Jeans reactions were never through the lense of someone with cosmic power. I give you she started as a duplicate but once she rose out of that water and had her first experience she was no longer Jean and was experiencing things through a completely different lense. Also how could she be an exact duplicate when Jean once again had no cosmic powers but Phoenix did?

I'm giving facts, your making excuses, there is a difference.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

and that scene happened months after Phoenix had duplicated her and was living its own life, its own memories and thoughts that it had developed. I dont get why Mastermind's role is being ignored here as it was manipulated into thinking it was a different time period and acting accordingly to the illusion of the character he convinced her that she was. That wasnt Jean or Phoenix of her free will and right state of mind

I belong to the "Phoenix was Jean" camp. So I won't use the "Dark Phoenix took her place" card... But when Jean came back rom the dead, she wasn't Phoenix anymore, and had no memory of those years.

let's be clear. I'm nor ignoring the good things. I understand they have a great friendship but nor knew based around honesty. when did Jean tell ororo I apologize for holding racist thoughts against ororo? when did Jean apologize for her part in forge breaking off with ororo? when did Jean say I shouldn't have made you feel inadequate for not being adjusted to norms of America? ororo does love Jean I dont deny that and I know Jean loves her but it doesnt mean Jean has been the best friend she should or could have been towards Ororo.
    Jean turned into the Black Queen, then was saved by the X-Men, then she turned immediately in Dark Phoenix. To be saved again by Xavier. Being immediately abudcted by Shiar's to destroy her. Jean fought and killed herself. I don't mean that it doesn't leave time for an apology for Ororo. But it's also understandable, that she kind of died before she had real time with Ororo to apologize. When she came back from the dead, she wasn't Phoenix anymore and had no memory of this. She gained the phoenix years memory later. I know that things that didn't happen in pages don't officially exist. But do you think it's impossible that Jean apologized to Ororo off panel ? Do you really think that a character built like Jean, never ever felt really bad about this ?

Friendship, real friendship is not mistake proof. And I think Ororo never hated Jean for what she did. She was too upset that Jean died. It was a part of the beauty of this tragedy. Ororo mourned Jean for years. So yes, Jean wasn't the perfect friend for Ororo, but yet, it's seems - in the book - that Ororo doesn't feel that way. At least, she never reproached those things to Jean. As I said in a earlier post, Ororo seems to be the bigger person here. She has the maturity to understand mistakes, and to forgive, when she knows that the mistakes were done by someone whose heart was in a good place.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and that scene happened months after Phoenix had duplicated her and was living its own life, its own memories and thoughts that it had developed. I dont get why Mastermind's role is being ignored here as it was manipulated into thinking it was a different time period and acting accordingly to the illusion of the character he convinced her that she was. That wasnt Jean or Phoenix of her free will and right state of mind
    Pretty much this.

Also, if we are to take that scene as jean's thoughts, well, Jean must also find Jason to be her true love and the hellfire club as her allies. That isn't the case however. Havok83 has pointed that out pretty well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I can't believe I wrote straight white heterosexual lol Ahem, I have no excuse except poor proofreading on my part hehe.. I even thought later "wait, did I use both straight and heterosexual"?? The struggle remains.

BANNED

Some people will go through every type of mental gymnastics to unburden a white woman of her racism. Its true in real life and its true in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Until then, more of this please!

Emma's hair! HA!
    yeeaRRRGH

storm hates Emma per Jordan white. it ain't happening. white already acknowledged ororo hates Emma's guts. he gets ororo at least on that level.
    Yeah. Because if there’s one thing we’ve learned about Dawn of X, it’s that things are stagnant and character relationships never evolve.

Jean and Ororo have a profound respect for each other. They are more than besties. They are sisters.

BANNED

Jordan White also was down on other characters in the past which Hickman and DoX are utilizing in ways that run counter to one editor's personal opinion. JDW does not micromanage those stories or relationships.

Ororo and Emma have been on both decent and awful terms through the past 20 years. I personally was fine with where they were at during Ellis' Astonishing, but much has happened since then and it makes sense for the relationship to have gone south again. It is entirely possible that relationship will evolve again through Marauders over time, and not stay purely oppositional. I am fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Jean and Ororo have a profound respect for each other. They are more than besties. They are sisters.

I'm not crying...
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!