View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Didnt Morrisson plan to bring Jean back in the next arc before leaving due to editorial conflict?
    No, he didn't. It was pure speculation and hopes from fans. The only thing he wanted was Scott and Emma together.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No, he didn't. It was pure speculation and hopes from fans. The only thing he wanted was Scott and Emma together.
    Because Grant Morrison wielded supreme power from his tower in the Land of Mordor, obviously.

I found archives of a old jean grey forum, nothing points on Morrison wanting her back.

I found archives of a old jean grey forum, nothing points on Morrison wanting her back.
    Morrison isn't the kind of writer to leave something like the funeral missing without a reason (and no, it wasn't because he hated the character). All signs point to what people have said for years: Morrison wanted to continue from there but didn't, and Joe Quesada (who hates married couples in comics) didn't follow through on Morrison's hints and just left Jean dead.

Morrison just killed Talia on the last issue of his run. That is completely in his character as writer

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Morrison isn't the kind of writer to leave something like the funeral missing without a reason (and no, it wasn't because he hated the character). All signs point to what people have said for years: Morrison wanted to continue from there but didn't, and Joe Quesada (who hates married couples in comics) didn't follow through on Morrison's hints and just left Jean dead.
    Unless he was fired, what he wanted would have been irrelevant. He didnt just leave the X-men, he also left Marvel so he wouldnt have had any ongoing plans for her and no writer is obligaed to follow up on something someone no longer employed at Marvel would have liked.

Morrison just killed Talia on the last issue of his run. That is completely in his character as writer
    What? To have a female character die? The funeral not being shown is a major takeaway point for the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Unless he was fired, what he wanted would have been irrelevant. He didnt just leave the X-men, he also left Marvel so he wouldnt have had any ongoing plans for her and no writer is obligaed to follow up on something someone no longer employed at Marvel would have liked.
    Which means that most of Jean fans' ire should be directed at Quesada for not bringing Jean back. Quesada was under zero obligation to keep Morrison's status quo in the slightest. He was EiC. If he wanted to, Emma could have been dead the first issue of the next issue and Jean right back like nothing happened. But he didn't.

What? To have a female character die? The funeral not being shown is a major takeaway point for the audience.
    It isn't. Talia also died and there was never a funeral. Morrison enginered his run to take away any empath for Jean. We never really saw her fighting for Scott and being depressed about it.
    it's all part of the story he was telling. If he didn't wanted Jean to be keot dead, he would have her raise from the grave on his last issue.
    I don't know why people protect Morrison too much

Which means that most of Jean fans' ire should be directed at Quesada for not bringing Jean back. Quesada was under zero obligation to keep Morrison's status quo in the slightest. He was EiC. If he wanted to, Emma could have been dead the first issue of the next issue and Jean right back like nothing happened. But he didn't.
    I agree with this. Quesada is ultimately to blame for keeping her gone

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I agree with this. Quesada is ultimately to blame for keeping her gone
    That is true. But it also doesn't take away Morrison.
    you can't kill a character without a writer

Jean not having a funeral was part of writing out the character.
    The entire drama of her character dead was man pain by Logan and Scott. And small part by Rachel
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-15-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Exactly. Quesada didn't want Jean back. They brought back Magneto almost immediately with a Corn retcon. They brought back Colossus, Psylocke, but for some reasons, Quesada didn't want Jean's return, even if some writers wanted to bring her back. I remember that the character of Revenant was supposed to be Jean. That's what the writer wanted. It ended up being Rachel.

Before becoming Hope Summers, the baby was supposed to be reincarnated Jean.

There is also an other writer who wanted Jean back, and said in an interview that "they" won't allow him. I am too lazy write now to dig up this interview, but it was quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Exactly. Quesada didn't want Jean back. They brought back Magneto almost immediately with a Corn retcon. They brought back Colossus, Psylocke, but for some reasons, Quesada didn't want Jean's return, even if some writers wanted to bring her back. I remember that the character of Revenant was supposed to be Jean. That's what the writer wanted. It ended up being Rachel.

There is also an other writer who wanted Jean back, and said in an interview that "they" won't allow him. I am too lazy write now to dig up this interview, but it was quite interesting.
    Eh I liked her resurrection storyline better than if it woulda been the 2 you mentioned....unless she had come back all IDGAF Revenant then I'll pass
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Eh I liked her resurrection storyline better than if it woulda been the 2 you mentioned....unless she had come back all IDGAF Revenant then I'll pass
    Hope being Jean was too much Jenny Sparks/Jenny Quantum.

Anyway, the problem was not only the way they would bring Jean back, but if they wanted to bring her back. And they didn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post

Greg Pak wanted to bring her back in the planned final part of his "Song" trilogy (I think it was going to be called Birthsong or something). Carey wanted to bring her back in Age of X.