Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Default Killing VS No killing, Which is the better solution in the real world

We all know in comics, Killing and no killing theme always being brought to the table and frustrating is: The criminals always coming back or be created for heroes for the profits sake, It made heroes battle with crimes essentially was no ending. The killing and no killing concept just a element to create conflicts in stories
    So that makes me wondering. If in our own world really existing superheroes and supervillains, Which method will be the better solution?
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

This is a pretty difficult situation in the real world; but when it comes to heroes they should be something to aspire to and a killer, for whatever reason, isn't something most people aspire to be. So I'll go with no killing.

BANNED

in my opinion the Joker deserves the electric chair and to quote what Batman said to the Joker on the dark knight returns:

"all the people I've killed by letting you live".

mass murderers shouldnt be allowd to live in my opinion.

If it were the real world I would say a fair number of the heroes would Kill. Or at least if they didnt kill the state would send the villains to the electric chair for their crimes. There would be no Joker in Arkham.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I suppose it'd depend on the circumstances. Someone like the Joker, yeah put a bullet in that man's head and dump his ass in a unmarked grave.

But for villains and groups that generate more of a following, like the cult of Kobra? We've seen over the last 20 years that killing terrorists just breeds more terrorists. Some villains, the ones with a real agenda that people can sympathize and get behind....they require something that won't make them martyrs.

And if we're talking super humans in the real world, what kind? Because some of those comic villains aren't easy to put down, and some are essentially beyond death.

The success rate of capital punishment deserves consideration too. A lot of countries without a death penalty have lower crime rates than America so I'm not convinced our system works as intended. I'm a supporter of capital punishment but the statistics make me question if it's worth the hassle, especially with the way appeal courts work.

I'm sure if super humans were real, people would end up dead. Best case scenario is something like what we have with police, where they'll take a life if they have to but only as a last resort (it's how cops are *supposed* to work anyway). But I'm willing to bet we'd end up with a lot of accidental killings; some super strong dude would punch just a little too hard, yknow, stuff like that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I mean, sure, you should get rid of the Joker- the character is too profitable to get rid of though.

Spectacular Member

IRL, no killing is always better. Due process and all that.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

In the real world, superheroes should only kill if they had no choice (since there would be no deux ex machina/"there's always another way" stuff).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The question shouldn't be "killing vs no killing" but "when is killing okay?".

Quote Originally Posted by WTNew View Post
    IRL, no killing is always better. Due process and all that.
    Yeah because we all know how much superheroes support due process.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-17-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Stop at all costs, but don't aim to kill.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Killing should only ever be a last resort. If it's anything less than "kill this person or other people will die" then you don't kill.

Transferring supervillains into the real world brings questions. What do they bring with them? Do you bring the plot device that they always escape so you can have more stories with them? If so, then you do wind up back in the situation where people will die if you don't kill them. If it's more like the real world where killers don't always escape to kill again, then no you don't kill them.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

.... at the end of the day...

You probably don't want the Punisher roaming around unchecked in real life. You don't want vigilante justice . . .

Or maybe you do, until someone in your family is using drugs (secretly) and gets killed buy weed from the local *plug*

Really, because saying "Its okay that heroes should kill...."

It leads to mistakes. Its a legitimate slippery slope.

Killers justifying themselves, then killers following them justified because the people they looked up to were killers too.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    .... at the end of the day...

You probably don't want the Punisher roaming around unchecked in real life. You don't want vigilante justice . . .

Or maybe you do, until someone in your family is using drugs (secretly) and gets killed buy weed from the local *plug*

Really, because saying "Its okay that heroes should kill...."

It leads to mistakes. Its a legitimate slippery slope.

Killers justifying themselves, then killers following them justified because the people they looked up to were killers too.
    What do you think superheroes do in the first place?

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Transferring supervillains into the real world brings questions. What do they bring with them? Do you bring the plot device that they always escape so you can have more stories with them? If so, then you do wind up back in the situation where people will die if you don't kill them. If it's more like the real world where killers don't always escape to kill again, then no you don't kill them.
    The main reason I put those villains and heroes to the real world was want to separate them from plot device(Including heroes, But they still keeping their superpowers amd skills), Imagining the world reactions about these people, And what will they do to our world( Not saying those characters suddenly appearing to the real world, I was assuming if our own world really existing superheroes or supervillains)
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 11-11-2019 at 07:38 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What do you think superheroes do in the first place?
    Thats actually what I meant. You don't want vigilante justice in real life.

The Punisher as an example but what you get is sanders florida in practice.

So no the last thing I want is some coward with a cape deciding he can take a life with impunity.
    But... we might be looking at if from different angles as I live in DFW, were black people keep getting killed... some of us in our homes.

Its a different with alien invasion, but I don't want my friendly neighborhood supe, deciding to web up somones mouth till they die.
    Instead wrapping them up for the police.

None of this translates well to real life, but I hope my feelings show through here.

Due Process even, piss poor, due process is better than "ME" deciding you're "EVIL" and don't get to live anymore.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.